OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
Wow, his transformation is pretty crazy! I won't be taking any of that crap though. :p

I'm assuming with hard work and determination, it's pretty damn possible to get to his level within a year or two?

Don't see why not. He's not really that big in that photo, quite low body fat yes fair point but not massive. For him being an aas user I could easily mistake him for natural.

You put the hard work into diet, training and you will excel. I've only really been training half decent for a year now and I'd say im pretty big. If not bigger then him.

dun

dun

Soldato
Don't see why not. He's not really that big in that photo, quite low body fat yes fair point but not massive. For him being an aas user I could easily mistake him for natural.

You put the hard work into diet, training and you will excel. I've only really been training half decent for a year now and I'd say im pretty big. If not bigger then him.

Get 210lb shredded! in a year or two then come back.

Soldato
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=494963301&postcount=40

he has juiced but still amazing work nonetheless.

Yes I have backed my stuff up. It's only a speaker problem anyway.

That guy made a heck of a transformation, shame about the terrible taste in pink skinny jeans :o
Well atm im sitting at between 220-225lbs.
I wouldn't say im shredded but I have a pretty low body fat with visible abs atm. Thats in a year....

:| Either you're hella tall or you've been eating your greens :o

Man of Honour
OP

Nah, to get that physique in such a short space of time, unless he's a pro, with no regular job, and can dedicate his diet and life to it solidly, there's no way he could do that well without assistance in that time frame. Sure he's not big, but compared to what he was he's put on a considerable amount of mass onto his frame. However, if he has been able to dedicate himself to it non-stop, then yes it is feasible, highly unlikely though.

However in 2 years of dedicated eating, training, and good nutrition and sleep, you can drop fat and gain some decent mass. I leaned up by 2% when training specifically for it (whilst still working for strength) but to look like he does in the last pic? Not a chance.

Associate
Nah, to get that physique in such a short space of time, unless he's a pro, with no regular job, and can dedicate his diet and life to it solidly, there's no way he could do that well without assistance in that time frame. Sure he's not big, but compared to what he was he's put on a considerable amount of mass onto his frame. However, if he has been able to dedicate himself to it non-stop, then yes it is feasible, highly unlikely though.

However in 2 years of dedicated eating, training, and good nutrition and sleep, you can drop fat and gain some decent mass. I leaned up by 2% when training specifically for it (whilst still working for strength) but to look like he does in the last pic? Not a chance.

At the age of 16/17 I was fat, 17.5 stone 30+% body fat. By 18ish I was down to about 5% but skinny at 11 stone. I am 6ft on the dot. Anyway im 20 now. So I'll say a year of proper decent training and nutrition and im at where I am. I also suffer from a lot of serious health issues so everytime I have relapses into hospital I lose a considerable amount, but once out manage to put it back on again.

Imo if he puts the effort in, has a good set of genetics, and not to bad a base to start with and applys himself not just to the training but the diet as well. I don't really see a reason why not. Maximize your potential. Im still going to stick to my point though, I'd say it's more than feasible.

Associate
I'm no expert but being a teen your body is already setup to grow right? Surely that is a time when your body is already setup to dumb loads of growth hormones out?

Thou maybe I'm totally wrong and your body is so busy growing in all ways that 'extra' muscle is just too much? Or you are infact limited then?

Man of Honour
OP
Ah yes I hadn't considered his age, he is very young isn't he, so yes his test and GH levels are likely to be high. His insulin responses will be good (if he's been lucky enough to have the genetics to give him a bias towards it). So very good point Cowort, although I'm not an expert, I know more than most (I'd bloody hope so! :D).

However, in spite of this it is also down to some serious good nutritional knowledge and good training.

B1cep - you're at your prime and ready for plenty of growth, so monopolise it, don't leave it till your late 20s like I did! Although I have a lot of knowledge now, I just wish I could turn back the clock and push myself as I do now - I'd be in a heck of a shape now! However, I will say one, thing, read. A lot. Don't take 1 opinion, don't read 1 book. Read 100s, and do some basic science understanding of how chemcials/hormones/elements interact with one another in your body, and in life in general. With that, and the training knowledge of the 1000s of people out there, you can truly make up some good gains and understanding of this game.

I don't mean that just at you B1cep, I mean that to everyone reading and interested and in their early 20s who are keen. Don't bother with magazines like Flex etc... read real journals from experts with knowledge ofg biology and chemistry - then read about how the body works and how muscles are built, read about nutrition, and then put it all together and take the advice from the "experts" on how to train to help you with your own knowledge.

Genetics play a small part for the majority of the population. It's a bell curve, and the mean distribution of people fall well in the middle of it. You do get the exceptions to rules, as you do in all walks of life.

Going back to that chap, he's young, and if he's had some good training coaching and nutrition coaching then it might be feasible, however we don't know how many lbs of muscle he's gained. And he states he has used "help". He would not have got there without it, in 2 years it looks like he's gained well in excess of 20lbs of lean hard mass - to get to his shape, the majority of the population would be hard pushed to get there. If you've got the bulk like some of us here then cutting down to that shape would take a while but yes it is achievable, but that's after several long hard years of development.

Soldato
Good post FF.

OT: I seem to be gaining some good size at the moment but am paying the price with my stretch marks. Think I need to start giving them some special attention to minimise them as they're creeping down the tops of my biceps now and I don't really want then to be visible when wearing T-shirts. Not too fussed about the ones on the backs of my shoulders as I can't see those!

I need me some stretchier skin!

Soldato
Good one FF :) I need to do more reading up. Most of what ive taken in is from this thread and the BB sticky. Lots of info but more is better of course.

With me being in this 'prime' what kind of time span would you expect to start seeing results from hard training. I mean i saw small results previously over a few months when i was training non seriously but now its full out and my diet is so much better than it was before. Makes me realise just how much useless food i was eating :o

Need to get pics up...

Soldato
Good one FF :) I need to do more reading up. Most of what ive taken in is from this thread and the BB sticky. Lots of info but more is better of course.

With me being in this 'prime' what kind of time span would you expect to start seeing results from hard training. I mean i saw small results previously over a few months when i was training non seriously but now its full out and my diet is so much better than it was before. Makes me realise just how much useless food i was eating :o

Need to get pics up...

I saw a very noticable difference with 2 years hard training. Still a significant difference after a year tbh. Depends what you're starting with whether you're skinny and need to bulk, or overweight and need to drop fat.

Results are very hard to see physically unless you don't look in a mirror for a month or two. They'll show themselves in your lifts though.

It's taken me until now to be impressed with how far I've come (without meaning to sound big headed)

Yah I get what your saying FF, and agree with it all, theres to much bs in the world. So you gotta wade thru it all. And @ benny im covered in stretch marks, all up both biceps up my back, chest you name it haha, battle scars :D.

http://i46.tinypic.com/f2phcw.jpg

Theres a pic :) Fairly recent.

Recognise that avi from UKM. How on earth did you find the SA over here?!

Soldato
I saw a very noticable difference with 2 years hard training. Still a significant difference after a year tbh. Depends what you're starting with whether you're skinny and need to bulk, or overweight and need to drop fat.

Results are very hard to see physically unless you don't look in a mirror for a month or two. They'll show themselves in your lifts though.

It's taken me until now to be impressed with how far I've come (without meaning to sound big headed)

I'm not suprised you're impressed, i sure would be :D

Yeah pretty skinny and need to bulk. 6' and only 66kg im sure you can imagine hah.

(Not wanting to be the person to post pics after B1C3P :rolleyes:)

Caporegime
I'm probably like him to be honest, always had low body fat and never seem to have weight fluctuations or anything. My abs have been pretty much visible from my early years, despite never doing anything for them.

We'll see in a few years. :p

Back
Top Bottom