OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Time for a few quick upper progress shots. Posing has been a little iffy lately as has the choice of camera (iPhone) and the angles making asymetry stand out even more! Neither lighting is very flattering but anyway. Thoughts & comments welcome as always.

img0840lm.jpg

img0833c.jpg

Been off monohydrate for about a week now as I was really disliking the water retntion/bloating I was getting on my stomach, either that or the fat I've put on :p

Vascularity in my arms is still good and in my shoulders too during exercise. Striations are quite clear as is separation during certain movements.

Finished with some dropsets today for shoulders/bi's don't think I could have coped with the pressure in my arms from having hit Tri's as well today!

Probaly start cutting in August me thinks, when I've finished my PT modules and am a bit more settled into routine...and have eaten enough bicuits and pies!

Soldato
Looking very dense there benny! Weren't you planning another cut pretty soon? At single digit bodyfat you'd look mean!

Yup, as I know what I'm doing this time it success should come a bit quicker! I'm thinking 4-6 weeks begining in August. That'll give me 6 more weeks to slap on some more mass. Diet will be tough as I'm not entirely in control of my evening meal, I can however make demands and just have whatever is going (meat wise) with some veg.

I have eaten quite a lot of crap this bulk actually. Well not a massive amount but it could have deffinatley been cleaner. I figured if I've got 6-8 weeks of cutting misery to come I may as well enjoy myself while I can!:p

Probaly get a morning run outside or incline walk at the gym done before work and then something similar again in the evening. Going to lay off the interval training this time. I'll still do it but will focus most of my CV around SS as HIIT is very taxing when low carbing. We'll see how it goes!

Just realised how massive you are when i scrolled back up to mine. Oh dear :eek:

We all started somewhere :) You've got a good base to start with, lots of potential there. Just eat plenty & be patient.

Edit: Looking good Robbie G, can see some good definition on your stomach. How much more do you want to loose? I wouldn't go to crazy on the cutting! Perfect stage to start packing on some mass.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Edit: Looking good Robbie G, can see some good definition on your stomach. How much more do you want to loose? I wouldn't go to crazy on the cutting! Perfect stage to start packing on some mass.

165 lbs by 25th July is my target. Then when I get back from holiday I'm going to try this bulking lark :p.

By the way, you're looking big, but your lats in particular look insane in that photo!

Soldato
165 lbs by 25th July is my target. Then when I get back from holiday I'm going to try this bulking lark :p.

Almost there then mate! What have you been doing to achieve the loss? Low carb/keto & increase in cardio/intervals?

By the way, you're looking big, but your lats in particular look insane in that photo!

They're not that big! I can pop them quite well, as you can see, lol though I'd like them wider a little lower down. Though I found last time I cut this happened so it's more likely water/fat on my hips making them not look as good as I'd like.

This next cut I won't go and completely ruin after finishing by eating ridiculous amounts of chocolate and anything else I saw just for the sheer sake of it!

Soldato
Thats a huge difference Robbie G, keep it up.

Benny how many calories do you roughly get when you're bulking? Also is it just the light or do you have a ton more veins showing in your right arm than your left? :D Mine are like that but the other way around. Looks funky

Soldato
Benny how many calories do you roughly get when you're bulking?

I think I was averaging around 3300-3500. Somedays it'd be nearer to 3 and other days I might tip 4, rarely. Safe bet around 3000-3200, with around 200grams of carbs, though as of late carbs have been up as Lunch is usually sandwiches and the evening meal might have a baked potatoe. So I might drop from 2 scoops of oats split pre/pwo to just pwo. Trying to keep it all similar but need to rethink/measure macro's.

Key to calories = nuts. Expensive but rammed full of them!

Also is it just the light or do you have a ton more veins showing in your right arm than your left? :D Mine are like that but the other way around. Looks funky

The light :p my left ones are visible but not as much as the right. For some reason the one that runs across my bicep is visble most of the time. Though at lower bodyfat it seems to level out with cephalic veins in both arms visible and others branching off it.

Wierdly my left is stronger and bigger than my right though they are leveling out now.

Looking boss BennyC. Where are the leg pictures though?

Cheers. Few pages back there are some leg shots ;)

edit: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16473092&postcount=2933

Bigger and leaner since then :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Looking hench Benny! :cool:

Nice freaky vein in your right bicep - awesome!

Definitely carrying a lot more water than before. What do you weigh now?

I seem to have gone a bit nuts with my eating at the moment as I'm sitting at just over 16st 3lbs now! :eek:

Need to go in for a cut before my summer holiday end of august. As I'm feeling a bit fat at the moment :o Strong as ever though, just fat! :p

Robbbie fantastic difference mate. Looking really good. :)

Soldato
Blimey dude, a stone in 6 weeks is good going, well done bud. That's a 10% bodyweight increase.
How much of that would you estimate is LBM?
Are you using creatine which could mean that some of it is water weight?

Either way unless you've been eating all the pies, you're going in the right direction (for you).

I'd say around 4.5-5kg of that is LBM. My bodyfat was at 10% and is on its way down into single figures.

My shoulders and back have seen the most gain, especially my shoulders. Love that Arnold Press :cool:

Soldato
Looking hench Benny! :cool:

Nice freaky vein in your right bicep - awesome!

Definitely carrying a lot more water than before. What do you weigh now?

Cheers, can't quite say as I haven't weighed in properly for a while. Though I'm eating less than I was at uni but weighing in the same which leads me to believe 92/93KG or there abouts. The water is deffinatley dropping & vascularity & definition are increasing, actually doing some CV should help to shift it too :p

Looking huge Benny:cool:.

:)

Shoulders & Tri's look decent :cool:

Soldato
I'd say around 4.5-5kg of that is LBM. My bodyfat was at 10% and is on its way down into single figures.

My shoulders and back have seen the most gain, especially my shoulders. Love that Arnold Press :cool:

Pics....or it didn't happen :p

How tall are you? cos 65kg is very light....well compared to me, 5'9" and 84kg. I'm guessing i'm around mid-teens bodyfat wise.

I really need to get my pics up there for dissection, as i want to give Lyle McDonalds VFL diet a go.

Soldato
I think I was averaging around 3300-3500. Somedays it'd be nearer to 3 and other days I might tip 4, rarely. Safe bet around 3000-3200, with around 200grams of carbs, though as of late carbs have been up as Lunch is usually sandwiches and the evening meal might have a baked potatoe. So I might drop from 2 scoops of oats split pre/pwo to just pwo. Trying to keep it all similar but need to rethink/measure macro's.
Damn you! I've been eating up around 3.5k for several months and my weight hasn't shifted! I really struggle to put on weight or lose it. Sitting at 82kg and 6'2". Can't afford to up my calories and keep a good macro really at the minute :(.

Looking massive though chap :cool:

Caporegime
Almost there then mate! What have you been doing to achieve the loss? Low carb/keto & increase in cardio/intervals?

Yeah pretty much, I haven't been drastically reducing my carbs up until now, just been off the white bread and white rice for the past 10 months and cutting out beer and crisps. Starting Monday, I'm cutting out potatoes wild rice and couscous for a month, so all carbs but veg and the occasional world cup beer basically :o.

Exercise wise, it's been 15 minute rower interval sessions every other day. I've also been cycling to work every day (8 miles) for the past two months, so that helps also.

Also been doing 5x5 bodyweight chins, pullups and 3 x 10 hanging leg raises, pretty much every day along with some pressups to fill the gaps between bench pressing at the gym.

Back
Top Bottom