OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
lol just 2 months into lifting and I got some MAD stretch marks on my arse cheeks :o. It looks gross, don't want them again anywhere else. :(

Man of Honour
OP
That's about one of the few things about starting late in my lifting, although I've always been relatively broad the amount of muscle mass I've put on has been slow, therefore the skin has had a chance to adapt during the time. Had I started in my young 20s I'd have probably developed more stretch marks as I'd have been putting on more mass quickly.

Associate
That's about one of the few things about starting late in my lifting, although I've always been relatively broad the amount of muscle mass I've put on has been slow, therefore the skin has had a chance to adapt during the time. Had I started in my young 20s I'd have probably developed more stretch marks as I'd have been putting on more mass quickly.

tbh its never to late to start.
But I do understand what you mean by that, as you get older your test naturally starts to get lower. I have a ton of stretch marks, both biceps are totally stretched to hell, sides of chest/armpit, lower back and lats and some up my legs. It's all good though, battle scars, wear them with pride haha.

Associate
no stretch marks here! granted i havent really exploded in mass at all over the years (now 21).

Posted these before pictures before, but have a cheeky 'after' picture now (with full Tinytrip pose :p) Any criticism is welcome!

Before: About 144lbs (63kg)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After: about 74kg (165lbs)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Man of Honour
OP
HUGE progress mate. Fantastic work. Almost can't believe it's the same person! It's amazing how 10kg can make such a big difference. :)

You're like a slightly less hairy and less fat version of me! :D

What are your goals? Carry on a bit of size or maintain what you've got?

I take it you've been training legs as well yes? ;)

Associate
HUGE progress mate. Fantastic work. Almost can't believe it's the same person! It's amazing how 10kg can make such a big difference. :)

You're like a slightly less hairy and less fat version of me! :D

What are your goals? Carry on a bit of size or maintain what you've got?

I take it you've been training legs as well yes? ;)

Thanks for the comments guys! I've got a long way to go til i'm your size though FF :p

My current goals are to add a bit more mass (i'd like to reach 175lbs at this bodyfat ideally) and then focus on strength.

I currently do two weeks of Push/Pull (both full body) and on the third week i will split it into Push/Pull (both upper) and then a seperate session for Legs.

Really been concentrating on my posterior chain (glutes, hams, lower back) with some core work. I injured my back in the summer due to squatting/deadlifting with lordosis and just never realising it (never really trained with experienced people) so mind-muscle is something i strive to achieve every session.

My 1RM Squat is about 115, maybe 120 at a push which compared to my 105kg 1RM bench, is badly out of proportion. But having said that, my legs are forunately in proportion with the rest of me! Just weak :(

Nice progress. :) What's the time difference between the before and after pic and also what's your height?

Time difference is maybe two years. The first year was rookie lifting (strength training) just learning the ropes and trying to learn technique. I have seen greater changes in the past 4 months than i did in that entire first year!

My height stands at 5'11 - about 182cm.

Soldato
Bloody hell 2 inches makes a huge difference.

I'm nearly touching 73kg and I look far bulkier. :p

You're a hairy bugger though, fairplay to ya. Means plenty of Test in your system, unlike me and my lack of body hair, what I do have is blonde :(

Soldato
i want to start to do some olympic lifts, where do I start? particularly the clean and jerk..

edit: also just been to the gym and seen some guys doing an exercise where they hold a dumbell in one hand by their side and slowly bring their hand to the centre of their body. what is this?

cheers
martin

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought i'd finally get some pics up. Lighting sucks as does my 'posing' and phone camera skills, but there we go :D.

180cm, 67kg.

Relaxed
16june2010.jpg

Fail
16june20102.jpg

16june20103.jpg

Soldato
Im now up to 65kg from 59kg 6 weeks ago. Its been a tough 6 weeks, cant remember a day that my body hasnt ached. These gains are worth the pain!

Bring on 70kg..

Soldato
Blimey dude, a stone in 6 weeks is good going, well done bud. That's a 10% bodyweight increase.
How much of that would you estimate is LBM?
Are you using creatine which could mean that some of it is water weight?

Either way unless you've been eating all the pies, you're going in the right direction (for you).

Back
Top Bottom