OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
I wouldn't want to go near the stuff. Let's keep it natural in this thread :p

In other news, I've been drinking a lot of milk recently, close to a litre today. I think that milk is a hidden bulking superfood, it has casein and whey, as well as carbs. It's also got calcium :D And, it has water, helping to keep you hydrated :D

Man of Honour

In other news, I've been drinking a lot of milk recently, close to a litre today. I think that milk is a hidden bulking superfood, it has casein and whey, as well as carbs. It's also got calcium :D And, it has water, helping to keep you hydrated :D

GOMAD, is/was a popular way for people who found bulking difficult to pack on some more mass

Caporegime

what type of milk?

skimmed or semi or full fat or gold top?

because the cholesterol can be bad for you if your drinking a lot of full or gold top.

Soldato
GOMAD, is/was a popular way for people who found bulking difficult to pack on some more mass

I looked that up. A gallon a day? That sounds crazy. Although, I was near 7.5 stone a few weeks ago and now even though I've been eating more, I'm closer to 7 :(

what type of milk?

skimmed or semi or full fat or gold top?

because the cholesterol can be bad for you if your drinking a lot of full or gold top.

I used to drink a glass of gold a day. Now it's just semi skimmed, and 300ml skimmed pwo.

Associate
Get your hands on raw milk if possible, pastuerisation totally screws milk up and makes it very very hard to digest properly! Its still not a bad source if your body can digest it, but raw milk contains all the natural vitamins and enzymes for digestion (hence why supermarket milk is so intolerant to many people).

I put up a couple of links in the Gym rats thread, so have a look if you can find them!

Associate
No, its VERY unlikely. The reason pasteurisation was brought in was because back in the day when dairy farming was a messy place to be, various diseases made their way into the cows and milk obviously causing contamination. It was brought in to prevent widespread spreading, but todays standards of hygiene within the dairy farms is much much more advanced. To say your extremely unlikely to get ill from raw milk is an understatement.

Pastuerisation not only destroys all the enzymes (the good bacteria) required for proper digestion, but it also takes away all vitamins that naturally occur, leaving dead bacteria in the milk. Raw milk is just straight from the cow and is a much better alternative, but also more expensive.

Theres also a few interesting videos on youtube about problems behind drinking milk, might be of interest, but keep in mind the cows in America are treated much worse than over here.

Last edited:
Associate
oh ok. can I buy it from local sainsburys? or is the reason that it's expensive because it's not available in supermarkets? Thanks for the help

Yes, the law states that only pastuerised milkcan be sold in supermarkets as, unlikely as it is, contamination would spread to a large amount of people.

If you live near somerset or that area you can purchase it from here;

http://www.localfooddirect.co.uk/ They have a chart under the heading 'delivery' at the top, so you can see if your in their zone.

If not you can get it from here, but be warned its quite expensive!

http://www.hookandson.co.uk/RAW MILK/raw milk.html

Check out the links at the bottom for some reassurance that its safe ;) Just so you know the facts, its not 100% certain you wont get contaminated from raw milk, but seriously I highly doubt it. I drink it too for peace of mind!

ironically, the pasteurised milk probably accounts for a damn big portion of modern day disease, accompanied of course by a terrible diet.

Edit- Btw, this isnt really relevant to pics of progress :D so if you have any other questions put them up in the gym rats thread or message me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I need to get into a routine....!!!!

Really love to start 'training' again, actually get myself a nice figure for once.

Theres a nice time after work I get free from the missus so its the perfect oppurtunity! However I have to keep picking her up from work lately so its damn annoying :(

Associate
I keep reading that you can not lose fat AND gain muscle at the same time. I am pretty skinny already 148lbs 5ft 10" but would like to bulk up without putting on any more body fat%, is this possible?

Caporegime
I keep reading that you can not lose fat AND gain muscle at the same time. I am pretty skinny already 148lbs 5ft 10" but would like to bulk up without putting on any more body fat%, is this possible?

Of course it's possible, it will 'take longer' theoretically I guess, but it is most certainly do-able.

Especially if you just want to bulk up, rather than actually get 'big'

Permabanned
Posted these in my other thread as well but I shall post them here... all constructive criticism welcomed... I'll try and get some back and leg shots soon, I am aware of their importance!

day9a.jpg

day92a.jpg

day93a.jpg

Caporegime
No, its VERY unlikely. The reason pasteurisation was brought in was because back in the day when dairy farming was a messy place to be, various diseases made their way into the cows and milk obviously causing contamination. It was brought in to prevent widespread spreading, but todays standards of hygiene within the dairy farms is much much more advanced. To say your extremely unlikely to get ill from raw milk is an understatement.

Pastuerisation not only destroys all the enzymes (the good bacteria) required for proper digestion, but it also takes away all vitamins that naturally occur, leaving dead bacteria in the milk. Raw milk is just straight from the cow and is a much better alternative, but also more expensive.

Theres also a few interesting videos on youtube about problems behind drinking milk, might be of interest, but keep in mind the cows in America are treated much worse than over here.

So, are you saying there's a chance I could get ill from trying GOMAD for a month?

Associate
So, are you saying there's a chance I could get ill from trying GOMAD for a month?

No not at all, atleast not in the short term. You might experience bloating, gas and what not, but I just dont reccomend such a large quantity. Its kind of the same thing as people who become intolerant to gluten, you definately wernt born with it, but over time eating so much of something not made for your body can cause problems. I just like the view that people should base their diets around foods we were desgined to eat, and then a little of what ever else for your needs. Todays diets are based around food I bodies don't like, and IMO milk isnt an exception, but mainly due to what they do to it (as with everything). Raw milk is as close as your gonna get to large quanitites of breast milk, pasteurised milk needs to be fortified with vitamins because its just empty calories and offers nothing.

I could almost gurantee a different between GOMAD on raw milk and GOMAD on pasteurised, it would be intersting too see.

Last edited:
Associate
Bit of a progress shot here. Can notice a slight difference
28th April 2010
DSC01252.jpg

26th July 2010
DSC01598.jpg

I have been eating like a pig and tried eating plenty of protein. I started lifting weights in April when that picture was taken. Im 18 and I was about 12st 3 in April and now Im about 13st. Im 5"10 by the way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom