OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
Another measurement which is useful is the full circumference. I.e. around the shoulder as well as chest, so the tape goes over your arms. :)

We've all got to start somewhere mate. :)

That gives me a result of around 44"

Erm, train your shoulders as part of your routine?

What sort of shoulder exercises would you recommend?

I hate the beanpole look :(

Man of Honour
OP
That gives me a result of around 44"

What sort of shoulder exercises would you recommend?

I hate the beanpole look :(

44" isn't too bad considering you've got a 37" chest. :)

Shoulder exercises that aren't to be missed:

Side raises (either with cables (which is good for keeping tension on the shoulder) or DBs).
Arnies
Push Press
Shoulder press (with DBs and BBs)
Bent over raises rear lateral raises
Seated side raises.

Unless you're specifically into bodybuildind you don't need to worry about working the front delt or rear delt, as you'll hit those doing chest and back exercises.

Associate
My back shot. Really need to get some mass on by back especially my Lats, not feeling DOMS after a back workout in my Lats doesn't help.

DSC01634.jpg

My front shot is back on page 110. Front looks so much better than my back, need to get some gloves aswell, deadlifts taking skin off my hands. Im 18 by the way and at 5"10 and about 12st 10.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Don't use gloves for DLs, get some chalk powder if your gym allows it. Or there is "Liquid Chalk" that I think someone posted about in this thread or the gym rats thread.

Plus, a bit of skin loss is nothing to cry about, you pansy :p

Soldato
Don't use gloves for DLs, get some chalk powder if your gym allows it. Or there is "Liquid Chalk" that I think someone posted about in this thread or the gym rats thread.

Plus, a bit of skin loss is nothing to cry about, you pansy :p

Yea grab some liquid chalk from my protein, you don't wanna mess around with gloves, it really restricts progress at some point.

Soldato
Nothing special, 2 months gone, and a lot more to go. The first picture is actually older than 2 months, but my body comp didn't change between when it was taken and when I started.

ix5f8m.jpg

rrmwc7.jpg

Caporegime
what is it with bodybuilders and shaving/waxing hair from their body?

is it so they can see their muscles more clearly?

could someone also explain why they all use fake tan as well in competitions? where the guys all look a disgusting orangey brown colour.

for guys wanting to look big and strong it just looks gay. this is just my opinion others may disagree with it but thats the way i see it.

Associate

could someone also explain why they all use fake tan as well in competitions? where the guys all look a disgusting orangey brown colour.

for guys wanting to look big and strong it just looks gay. this is just my opinion others may disagree with it but thats the way i see it.

Shaving/Waxing chest does show the muscle striations more imo due to the hair hiding it, sorta like your whole shave your pubic region to make your nob look bigger? I personally don't have any chest hair or back hair or on upper legs.... If I did I'd probs wax it as don't like body hair...

Tan shows muscle off better hence why many are sunbed addicts... And on stage under the light the tan will show off even better so this is why, and the tan will show off the condition of the bber in question a lot better.

Tan and waxing chest won't make you look big or strong? you have to already have the muscle there to achieve that....

Associate
PS if anyones interested I took a photo december last year. And July this year so about 6 months difference. Not to sure of the weight gain, but atm sitting at 15 stone 9 and pretty damn lean. I'd only really count the 6 months as 4 months as I was out of training for 2 months in hospital with a lot of health problems so was in hospital basically a full 2 months no training and poor diet.

Associate
Nothing special, 2 months gone, and a lot more to go. The first picture is actually older than 2 months, but my body comp didn't change between when it was taken and when I started.

Angles a bit offf, but can cleary tell you've added a more mass. for 2 months thats gd work keep packing on the weight.

Soldato

I'm assuming my before and after pictures sparked this up since I trim my hair, so the reasons that I do it is because I hate body hair. I find it too much effort to shave so I just trim it, it gets it short enough so it's not that noticeable. If you dislike something about yourself which is easily rectified surely you should take whatever means to get rid of it, no? My back has hair too, right at the top between my shoulder blades, just 1 patch, that gets taken off too.

If you feel "manly" when you have a bushy chest and you like it, good for you, but I think it looks foul on anyone, not just myself so I get rid of it, I just wish everything I didn't like about myself was as easy to change as body hair.

Angles a bit offf, but can cleary tell you've added a more mass. for 2 months thats gd work keep packing on the weight.

Yeah I didn't really plan to start doing gym stuff so I never took a before pic, that's just 1 I took ages ago. But i defo will continue, can't wait to see what i look like after I cut. :D

Caporegime
Shaving/Waxing chest does show the muscle striations more imo due to the hair hiding it, sorta like your whole shave your pubic region to make your nob look bigger? I personally don't have any chest hair or back hair or on upper legs.... If I did I'd probs wax it as don't like body hair...

Tan shows muscle off better hence why many are sunbed addicts... And on stage under the light the tan will show off even better so this is why, and the tan will show off the condition of the bber in question a lot better.

Tan and waxing chest won't make you look big or strong? you have to already have the muscle there to achieve that....

how does tan show off muscles better? its just the colour of the skin on top of the muscles.

i was implying that these guys are trying to show off their physiques to make themselves look big and strong yet they are waxing and tanning, which is gay. obviously you need to have the muscles before hand otherwise everyone would just wax themselves and use a sun bed rather than lifting weights.

also i think for the hair to get in the way of you seeing your muscles, you would have to be extremely hairy, like a lot more than the average. the guy a few posts above had extremely low amounts of body hair, yet he decided to get rid of it. even though it was a tiny amount, in fact it looked more like bum fluff than proper hair.

i heard a woman even saying "ewwww he must shave his arms or something" when she was looking at facebook at one of those losers showing off their bodies by posting up pics of them posing almost naked in order to attract girls/attention.

i have probably just the right amount of body hair, not so little that i look like a girl and not so much that i look like chewbacca. in my opinion body hair makes you look more manly, waxing and tanning certainly doesnt.

Caporegime
I'm assuming my before and after pictures sparked this up since I trim my hair, so the reasons that I do it is because I hate body hair. I find it too much effort to shave so I just trim it, it gets it short enough so it's not that noticeable. If you dislike something about yourself which is easily rectified surely you should take whatever means to get rid of it, no? My back has hair too, right at the top between my shoulder blades, just 1 patch, that gets taken off too.

If you feel "manly" when you have a bushy chest and you like it, good for you, but I think it looks foul on anyone, not just myself so I get rid of it, I just wish everything I didn't like about myself was as easy to change as body hair.

Yeah I didn't really plan to start doing gym stuff so I never took a before pic, that's just 1 I took ages ago. But i defo will continue, can't wait to see what i look like after I cut. :D

sorry if i offended you, but its just my opinion, body hair looks fine, so long as you are a man, if your a woman, then certainly, wax away.

Back
Top Bottom