OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
And another dodgy pic:

Lighting doesn't really do it justice but my chest seems to be coming along. Finally, after only 2-3 years of lifting.

chest.jpg

Associate
bishie.png
bishie2.png

The above pictures are of myself approximately three years ago, when I invested the majority of my time in improving my physique. It wasn't long after my previous relationship that I sought to avert my focus by working out on a regular basis. It improved my outlook, thereby leading to employment after much deliberation.

Alas my occupation hindered the time and energy necessary to train regularly, and now I'm feeling far from ideal physically.

How do many of you fit such a demanding lifestyle into your daily routine?

Caporegime
I'm literally allocating time into the evenings three times a week.

Start work at 8, finish at 5, get home have dinner, then train for 30 / 40 minutes.

Naturally it helps if the gym / area you wish to train in is local...It's hard, but if you want to, you can find time...I've just had to say to the other half 'i'm doing this for an hour' :p

I know what its like to have to 'stop' training because of a new relationship, as i stopped for about a year just due to trying to make the relationship happen and be nice...but now we've calmed down a bit i can fit it into a weekly schedule :)

Hopefully some of the more experienced members can help out with more info

Soldato

There are firemen who find the time to bodybuild and actually compete in shows. If they can find the time, I don't see why anyone else can't find it. I know people deployed over in Afghan that are bodybuilding nuts.

If you want it bad enough, you'll make the time. Might mean sacrificing and being bit selfish to others.

You only need a few hours out of your day. 1 hour to workout and the other to eat all your food (spaced out through the day).

Last edited:
Caporegime
There are firemen who find the time to bodybuild and actually compete in shows. If they can find the time, I don't see why anyone else can't find it. I know people deployed over in Afghan that are bodybuilding nuts.

If you want it bad enough, you'll make the time. Might mean sacrificing and being bit selfish to others.

You only need a few hours out of your day. 1 hour to workout and the other to eat all your food (spaced out through the day).

Firemen have a lot of free time :p Many Firestations have gyms in them.

Associate

Of course if you are a bodybuilder regulary competing it is very demanding, yet for the rest of us mortals I don't really see what the fuss is about squeezing 4x1hours sessions in a weekly routine. Diet wise you can just eat 3 main meals as everybody else and fit 2 snacks in between them, I honestly don't see how eating a can of tuna, a pot of cottage cheese or 100grams of nuts can be that much of a chore...

Caporegime
Firemen have a lot of free time :p Many Firestations have gyms in them.

yeh thats what i thought. the local fire station from my restaurant have enough spare time that they order a £50 pick up from my restaurant once every 2 weeks and come round and pick it up in the fire engine. they also once every 2 weeks order chinese from the restaurant above us.

im sure they do training drills every now and again, but most of it is just wating for the phone to ring, its not as if they constantly drive about finding fires to fight. so im sure in that time they get bored and need to stay in shape, thats why most fire stations have gyms in them, so it becomes a part of their lifestyle.

it is also a part of the armed forces lifestyle and im sure a lot of their facilities have a gym in them also.

choosing an occupation like a taxi driver and fitting in working out would be more taxing, especially if they work night shifts as well as days.

Associate
Of course if you are a bodybuilder regulary competing it is very demanding, yet for the rest of us mortals I don't really see what the fuss is about squeezing 4x1hours sessions in a weekly routine. Diet wise you can just eat 3 main meals as everybody else and fit 2 snacks in between them, I honestly don't see how eating a can of tuna, a pot of cottage cheese or 100grams of nuts can be that much of a chore...

I agree with this. Unless you are competing then doing the above isn't too much of an effort for most of us. It helps massively for me that I have a training partner at work and we go at lunchtimes and can walk there in 5 mins! :D

Soldato
Did a spot of clothes shopping and am now having to buy jeans in the next size up to get my legs in! Combats & Cargo's will be making more of an appearance in my warbrobe from now on!

img1137d.jpg

img1136t.jpg

img1135b.jpg

img1133b.jpg

Something bit me in my sleep the other night, was absolutley 'hoooooge'. Can see it on the right quad.

No hammy shots as I trained them yesterday and hurt too much to flex!

Last night my friends were trying to figure out where my knee was! all of them thought it was my medialis :rolleyes::p

Man of Honour
OP
Nice wheels! :cool:

Here's a quick snap of 'em from last week - very blurry but the definition is there. You sitting around 27" now Benny? If so you've caught as I've dropped down to 27"! :)

Only flexing the left leg there.

legsc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom