OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Y-fronts... :(
Pritty sure they are CK's 365's as I own about 10 pairs of them. Wouldn't class them as Y fronts though just has a contrasted stitching/piping.

Anyway...

Potential for some chunky quads there. Nice low insertion on your medialis similar to mine. Front squats ATG with your heels raised will bring those up a treat :cool:

Associate
27y75s2.jpg

A crappy pic I took of my back relaxed, that was in hospital the other week hence the disabled shower chair etc in background haha. Got bored tho. Not a great shot as I can't do much myself. Gonna get a mate to take pics of me at gym 1 day soon.

This is one of my back again, backs carrying a lot more meat now tho as im about a stone heavier lol.

214djp.jpg

Last edited:

hux

hux

Soldato
Impressive traps, just get those delts bigger to keep things looking even. If traps get too big they'll make everything else look smaller.

Otherwise impressive work, im itching to post another picture 2 weeks after my last as i feel im really coming along.

I'll take a picture tomorrow but i'll leave posting it and just do a run of them as progress, in due time of course.

Associate
^My delts are pretty big just the angle of the photo tbh
9qfqfp.jpg

Hopefully tht shows them more, struggling to find pics lol. But in that photo my traps look small haha. Can't win.

My abs are full out tbh, have a pretty recent pic, still on the pred so holding some water on them but once tht drains away will look a lot better.

Last edited:

hux

hux

Soldato
Haha yeah can't really fault that at all, plus i have a long way to go myself.

Actually you seem to have a similar frame to me, my delts and chest are great responders, a mate in the gym keeps mentioning how im adding depth each time he sees me.

My biceps however are another matter, i have kind of bowed arms, they look normal but it makes hitting the sweet spot very hard to hit, i found the cable pulldown machine fantastic so hopefully the gains will start coming in.

Otherwise great work, the ladies must love you in the gym, i keep getting looked at now im growing, im not used to it so it's going to my head just a llittle bit :D

Associate
Lol not at all mate, because i train at a dump bodybuilding gym, no treadmills etc, so basically gym full of screaming sted heads haha. Good environment tho, and all heavy @ss weights.

My arms respond easily as well as chest. Arms always growing. Want them up to 20 inchers tho by time im say 22 lol.

Soldato
Dun/Benny you guys are definitely getting much bigger since your last progress shots :cool:

Cheers for any opinions :)
Hi Tom,

If you're not familiar with my story I cut from 15st to 11st in a reasonable amount of time.

I understanding exactly what you're going through. I know exactly how it feels but from what I can remember you've changed hell of a lot and your pics are a testament to that. Now is probably the most difficult part. I strongly advise you continue cutting. Don't be tempted to bulk up.

Why? You're still going through a phase when you're getting stronger and losing fat. You have no reason to other than motivation and a mental break. You will eventually beat your mental state. I'm not saying it's easy. But then again ask yourself something, the good things in life are never simple. It's not only an investment if your body/health but in yourself and your lifestyle.

There's a lot out there for cravings. For example me and chocolate, god... lets not go there :o I found honey that is natural and healthy to make up for that craving.

Whilst you're doing this you need to be sticking to compounds. How is your workout currently looking?

You know what the funniest thing is? You're almost there. I say give it 4-6 months with decent workout regimes then you'll adopt my current lifestyle. Enjoy eating whatever you want in moderation :)

Hope that helps.

Man of Honour
Dun/Benny you guys are definitely getting much bigger since your last progress shots :cool:

Hi Tom,

If you're not familiar with my story I cut from 15st to 11st in a reasonable amount of time.

I understanding exactly what you're going through. I know exactly how it feels but from what I can remember you've changed hell of a lot and your pics are a testament to that. Now is probably the most difficult part. I strongly advise you continue cutting. Don't be tempted to bulk up.

Why? You're still going through a phase when you're getting stronger and losing fat. You have no reason to other than motivation and a mental break. You will eventually beat your mental state. I'm not saying it's easy. But then again ask yourself something, the good things in life are never simple. It's not only an investment if your body/health but in yourself and your lifestyle.

There's a lot out there for cravings. For example me and chocolate, god... lets not go there :o I found honey that is natural and healthy to make up for that craving.

Whilst you're doing this you need to be sticking to compounds. How is your workout currently looking?

You know what the funniest thing is? You're almost there. I say give it 4-6 months with decent workout regimes then you'll adopt my current lifestyle. Enjoy eating whatever you want in moderation :)

Hope that helps.

Hey DS I'm aware of your journey and now your very impressive strength:weight ratio :p
I know exactly what your saying and fully agree its just a bugger to push through that little niggle in the back of my mind as you know.
I jumped on the scales when I was back home for the weekend and had a serious :o moment im back up to a touch over 16st :mad: which means theres less than a st between my current weight and the weight I was back when I began.
Now I know weights not everything and I've obviously lost a fair amount of bf its just a kicker.
My routine at the moment is just some light cardio a few times a week, I badly dislocated my shoulder for the umpteenth time a few weeks ago and I'm off for an MRI on Friday which if it doesnt go well could see me needing an op and 9months off any sort of heavy lifting :mad::mad:
I'm actually just sitting at the moment trying to plan out a diet so I can hopefully minimise anymore fat gain and start loosing it again without the weight sessions.

Thanks for taking the time to reply it means a lot and does show me that what I want can be done :)

Soldato
Hey DS I'm aware of your journey and now your very impressive strength:weight ratio :p
I know exactly what your saying and fully agree its just a bugger to push through that little niggle in the back of my mind as you know.
I jumped on the scales when I was back home for the weekend and had a serious :o moment im back up to a touch over 16st :mad: which means theres less than a st between my current weight and the weight I was back when I began.
Now I know weights not everything and I've obviously lost a fair amount of bf its just a kicker.
My routine at the moment is just some light cardio a few times a week, I badly dislocated my shoulder for the umpteenth time a few weeks ago and I'm off for an MRI on Friday which if it doesnt go well could see me needing an op and 9months off any sort of heavy lifting :mad::mad:
I'm actually just sitting at the moment trying to plan out a diet so I can hopefully minimise anymore fat gain and start loosing it again without the weight sessions.

Thanks for taking the time to reply it means a lot and does show me that what I want can be done :)
Hey the biggest mistake you can make is to think it's all about the scales. Unfortunately it's a problem that you can't help but it's quite easy to become somewhat obsessive over progress.

The problem is and I believe you're currently at this stage (by looking at your body composition) where the scales slow down ridiculously and you begin sometimes 'put on weight'. This is fine because on the contrary, that weight is muscle. Yes, muscle. I can come to this deduction because whilst I was losing inches/bf, my weight was stagnant for a long time yet I was still getting stronger and leaner.

This can become quite demoralising as I remember from 205lb, I peaked in at 150lb and it got to a stage where I was beginning to look unhealthy. I stayed in at 158lb after that for a year up until now eating what I want getting leaner/looking better and getting so much stronger!

Continue taking progress pictures. Use callipers and use measuring tape around your chest/waist/arms/legs/neck. Keep progress with weight. I can send you some templates if you like? :)

The equation is very simple.

Calories in Vs Calories out.

More in => More mass.
Less in => Drop mass.

This has to be consistent. 7 days a week.

How's your routine? In regards to your injury, don't worry too much about it. Let it heal. You're gonna hate this but squat, squat and squat! This bad boy will make you see gains and growth in every department whilst losing weight!

Are you able to do chin ups? Depending on your injury, I have a cuff issue and I have 0 issues doing them. They're also fantastic.

If you can incorporate Squats/Chins/Dips/DL's into your routine you're onto a winner.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hey the biggest mistake you can make is to think it's all about the scales. Unfortunately it's a problem that you can't help but it's quite easy to become somewhat obsessive over progress.

The problem is and I believe you're currently at this stage (by looking at your body composition) where the scales slow down ridiculously and you begin sometime 'put on weight'. You must remember when you're dropping a large amount of fat you're also putting on muscle.

This can become quite demoralising as I remember from 205lb, I peaked in at 150lb and it got to a stage where I was beginning to look unhealthy. I stayed in at 158lb after that for a year up until now eating what I want getting leaner/looking better and getting so much stronger!

Continue taking progress pictures. Use callipers and use measuring tape around your chest/waist/arms/legs/neck. Keep progress with weight. I can send you some templates if you like? :)

The equation is very simple.

Calories in Vs Calories out.

More in => More mass.
Less in => Drop mass.

This has to be consistent. 7 days a week.

How's your routine? In regards to your injury, don't worry too much about it. Let it heal. You're gonna hate this but squat, squat and squat! This bad boy will make you see gains and growth in every department whilst losing weight!

Are you able to do chin ups? Depending on your injury, I have a cuff issue and I have 0 issues doing them. They're also fantastic.

If you can incorporate Squats/Chins/Dips/DL's into your routine you're onto a winner.

If you could drop me those templates that would be great my emails

My routine before it all went boobs up was something along the lines of

Db bench
cable cross over
cable curls
incline db bench
Dips

Deads
BORs
lat pull down
assisted chins
tricept push downs

Squats
calf raises
shoulder press
lat raises
shrugs

From memory that was my rough sort of routine, I do love my big lifts like squats and deads.
Not sure on chin ups I've been waiting for the pain to subside before trying anything, at the moment holding a bar to squat would be quite uncomfortable.
I've just got my fingers crossed that its not going to be as serious as the drs thought and il be out for a much shorter time.

Last edited:
Soldato
You got mail.

Okay. I'll be dropping few of the gym rats an email and I was thinking of making a guide on losing fat (from my experience) hopefully it should give you some kind of indication of how I did it.

In regards to your workout, it looks good. I suggest you mix it up every so often. 5X5 StrongLifts is fantastic. I really enjoyed this too. I did that without the cardio (slightly modified the workout) and I recently finished that just before I went to Saudi and set PB's.

Man of Honour
You got mail.

Okay. I'll be dropping few of the gym rats an email and I was thinking of making a guide on losing fat (from my experience) hopefully it should give you some kind of indication of how I did it.

In regards to your workout, it looks good. I suggest you mix it up every so often. 5X5 StrongLifts is fantastic. I really enjoyed this too. I did that without the cardio (slightly modified the workout) and I recently finished that just before I went to Saudi and set PB's.

Just got it should come in helpful cheers :)

That sounds great and I imagine would be a top help to a lot more than just me its always good to see how someone else has done it.

Caporegime
You got mail.

could you mail me too?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom