OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
Yeah I agree 100%. too many people read the hype and believe it. You need to study, learn and understand how it all works before you can really achieve big results.

Yup, but what annoys me most is the crap that a lot of fitness instructors spout in gyms. And some personal trainers. I know A LOT on everything from diet & nutrition to weight loss, weight gain, muscle building, training, medicine, how the body works, different types of training and dieting carb manipulation etc. I've done most things on myself such as carb cycling, carb depleting etccc. I still live my life at the same time. You have to have a balance imo.

And I write out training routines and diets for a few mates who have gained stone after stone. One mate whos 18 and now huge, should get him to sign up here really. I don't mind doing it all for free. And I understand that a lot on here may not think im natural as literally no one does. Even in my gym, experienced bbers age 30+ and see my strength and size don't buy it. If you put the hard work and graft in you will gain results as you will know.

Associate
Some before and after pics been training just over 2 years now. The sticky on this forum is what got me into training.
Tend to lurk more than I post.

Before
P2030400.jpg

P2030397.jpg

After
IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Soldato
Did a session of shoulder lifts and went wall climbing down the local sports centre last night.... Thought I'd take climbing up as a sport as it's bound to compliment the weights! Back was last done on Monday, so not much pump from the back apart from wall climbing:

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

Associate
Feeling sorry for my self tonight, posted in March that i was having an operation in my left shoulder (roto-cuff) and its all gone **** up.

1st operation was a manipulation under anesthesia, done so i could have surgery after shoulder frees up (frozen shoulder)

2nd operation was to remove a spur in the roto-cuff that was compressing the tendon

3rd operation was another manipulation under anesthesia cause it froze again.

Been to see surgeon today and have frozen shoulder again with a mass of pain. His plan now is another manipulation under anesthesia with a nerve block to stop the pain. Been told it can take up to five years to heal a frozen shoulder bloody great. Training since March has been a disaster, went from a 180kg Bench to now struggling to lift 60kg. Can just train legs only on leg press cannot even do squats cause i cannot get my arm back enough to hold the bar. So i found some old pics of me dated May 1988 so i thought id share them as a comparison of how old school heavy training compares to todays different take on things

zuludawn1-1.png

zuludawn2.png

Caporegime

Bah, such a shame man :(...I really hope it all gets better in the end, as you had a great shape then to be honest!

I hope mine isn't as bad as yours (Not even sure whats wrong yet!) But i'm hoping my shoulder isn't a roto-cuff problem.

Again, keep positive, maybe it will just be a long road, but you'll be able to work up again? And hopefully the muscle memory will be nice to you :)

Soldato
Goal physique right there! Really sorry about the shoulder injury tho, they seem quite common among bodybuilders. :( I'm a bit scared now, gotta be really careful :o

Soldato
Zuludawn. Looking large and incharge! (back then)

Hope the shoulder sorts itself out and you can train properly again soon. Had some minor RC tears myself so kind of know where you're coming from.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Good stuff Rico, you can see a lot of hard work has gone into your training. It must be hard keeping a low body fat right? I'm curious because I'm similar build, probably carrying a little bit more muscle but my body fat must be 2-3% more. Do you focus on stripping fat or do a mix of weights/cardio?

p.s need to beef those legs up :p

Associate
The hardest part is being rigorous on the nutrition side of things. Its easy to lift weights for an hour every day or every other day. Food intake takes a lot more planning and dedication, especially when you have to choose healthy as your mates sit round eating pizza. Don't get me wrong, I'll pig out now and then and go drinking, but not very often. In those pictures I was roughly 6% body fat which I achieved by eating 5-6 times a day, doing about 10-20 minutes cardio most days, whilst maintaining a 4 or 5 day split weight routine. Naturally I'm pretty lean anyway so for me it is fairly easy to stay this way. And yes my legs are my worst part, well my calves atleast. A lot of people neglect legs, where as in fact it will significantly improve your overall size and definition by working them.

Back
Top Bottom