OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
Hey the biggest mistake you can make is to think it's all about the scales. Unfortunately it's a problem that you can't help but it's quite easy to become somewhat obsessive over progress.

The problem is and I believe you're currently at this stage (by looking at your body composition) where the scales slow down ridiculously and you begin sometimes 'put on weight'. This is fine because on the contrary, that weight is muscle. Yes, muscle. I can come to this deduction because whilst I was losing inches/bf, my weight was stagnant for a long time yet I was still getting stronger and leaner.

This can become quite demoralising as I remember from 205lb, I peaked in at 150lb and it got to a stage where I was beginning to look unhealthy. I stayed in at 158lb after that for a year up until now eating what I want getting leaner/looking better and getting so much stronger!

Continue taking progress pictures. Use callipers and use measuring tape around your chest/waist/arms/legs/neck. Keep progress with weight. I can send you some templates if you like? :)

The equation is very simple.

Calories in Vs Calories out.

More in => More mass.
Less in => Drop mass.

This has to be consistent. 7 days a week.

How's your routine? In regards to your injury, don't worry too much about it. Let it heal. You're gonna hate this but squat, squat and squat! This bad boy will make you see gains and growth in every department whilst losing weight!

Are you able to do chin ups? Depending on your injury, I have a cuff issue and I have 0 issues doing them. They're also fantastic.

If you can incorporate Squats/Chins/Dips/DL's into your routine you're onto a winner.

Tbh im not consistent, I eat what I want really, I go out at weekend (when not working) get drunk, and usually after eat crap like mcdonalds/subway. I don't really gain much fat at all and im sitting at roughly 225-230lbs. If I gain some water from carb bloat then I just drop my carbs by half and swap for fats. And it drains away.

I don't bother with squats, chins, rarely do dips, do deadlifts on most weeks tho and I gain size easily enough.

Associate
hey you have a great back
on another note

what products do you use whilst training? like powders and stuff

Just whey protein tbh. And anadraulic state GT. Im a company rep for LG Sciences tho.

I don't count any of my food, to many people get wrapped up in all this crap, oh noes should i drink alcohol for first time in a year, should i eat 301 grams of carbs or 312 grams of carbs? It's like unless your a pro bber, jay cutler or competing for some show I fail to see the need in all this HUGE consistency, every bit of food down to the last gram, precise timings and what not.

Keep it plain and simple tbh.

Man of Honour
Tbh im not consistent, I eat what I want really, I go out at weekend (when not working) get drunk, and usually after eat crap like mcdonalds/subway. I don't really gain much fat at all and im sitting at roughly 225-230lbs. If I gain some water from carb bloat then I just drop my carbs by half and swap for fats. And it drains away.

I don't bother with squats, chins, rarely do dips, do deadlifts on most weeks tho and I gain size easily enough.

From the pictures youve posted and from what youve said you do seem to be the exception to the rule with dam good genes for building and carrying mass without too much bf

Soldato

I think you're missing some fundamental information. You're not dropping 15%+ bodyfat now are you? A huge transformation by any feat.

I could never do that before.

However now I can and I do. Once you get to a stage when you can lift x amount and you gain a far better understanding in how your body works. You can live a chilled out lifestyle in comparison to someone making that transition for the first time. It's just about maintenance. Hell, I could drop all my compound lifts. Granted it wouldn't be effective and I wouldn't get stronger. But similarly, I won't all of sudden lose what I've gained. And for the record I still look like this:

Now reduced with 40lb less fat and some decent lifts for my BW.

From the pictures youve posted and from what youve said you do seem to be the exception to the rule with dam good genes for building and carrying mass without too much bf
As far as genetics go, I share same sentiments as Mehdi over at SL: http://stronglifts.com/is-it-your-bad-genetics-or-you/

Psycho - Email?

Last edited:
Associate
^Considering at age 17, im 20 now btw I was 18 stone obese never been to gym and used to just scoff crisps etc, then went to gym shredded all the fat MYSELF easily tbh, just got my bum on a treadmill manned up and ran 5 days a week shredded down to say 10 stone but in saying that I was a bit on the very skinny side so at say age 18.5 years I started lifting weights pretty clueless tbh but clued myself up to put it simply and bulked UP to something like 18 stone+ but was holding water/fat so shredded down again easily enough tbh down to say 15 stone but live the lifestyle I want and I still gain size/mass AND lose fat.

I don't take anything for this like gear etc... I've modified my body and my bodys adapted to what I do and it reaps gains for it. Im not doing so bad for 20 years old and basically a years training...

Also meant to add I suffer from LOW testosterone (7.1) normal range is 25+ for my age. Plus ontop of that I was in hospital most of this year with ulcerative colitis and a few other problems, and I've been on FOUR courses of prednisolone....

And good work on the body fat loss and goals you have succeeded :)

Man of Honour
OP

Indeed, but I've aired my impressiveness at his genetics before. He's 1:1,000,000

He should sell his body to science because it's phenomenal, even people who take illegal substances would struggle that much size in such a short period of time at low bodyfat. Without wanting to sound harsh he really is a freak of nature. Or the medication he's on is helping him which is feasible.

Either that or he really is on gear, but I don't want to discuss it here ;)

Associate
Im not on gear though, can hapily go to docs and get print outs of my blood work from my endo. Doubtful the medication would help it does the opposite and eats into the muscle causes huge atrophy and also very high cortisol levels. Side effects are a mile long. Only other medication im on is pentasa for the bowel "Maintenance".

I don't drink all the time maybe once a week. Diet imo doesn't need all this 100% gram for gram etc (in competition dieting sure). Im not an ifbb pro or jay cutler.

Man of Honour
OP
B1CEP:

I know you're not a pro, and my comment about gear was tongue in cheek. The amount of development you've achieved in such a short space of time (i.e. quicker than people could do even ON gear), the fact you're not careful with your diet, and you do go out to drink, AND you've got all these illnesses, yet you're relatively lean at a big bodyweight with reasonable strength makes you way above normal. I'm not calling you a liar or anything like that. If anything I'm giving you a huge compliment. I don't want your blood tests, I don't really care - all I'm saying is that you're achievements blow the standard distribution. From my experience and knowledge I'd put you in the 1% of people that have the genetics for achieving some remarkable results. Hence my comments on competing - in the natural world you'd kick some arse if you dropped a bit of bodyfat.

Associate
im not holding to much body fat, got abs out etc. So the way I see it is if I've got visible abs im lean enough. Obviously for competition I'd have to drop a lot more...

Tbh I am careful-ish with diet. I know my body inside out really, If I gain water I can drop it easily simple carb manipulation and a few alterations to other aspects of the diet and it's gone. Same with fat. I've never done cardio in 6 months. And im still same body fat if not leaner... Yeah it's lazyness no cardio lol but just stating a point.

Once YOU know your body, the world is yours. Because you know how to alter things to get the results you want with ease really. Obviouslly genetics play a certain part, but everyone is different and respond differently to everything, be it training or diet.

For example I trained arms... Lets see chest + triceps on monday back + biceps on tuesday then I train arms, biceps and triceps on saturday. Most would say OH NOES OVER TRAIN! but if it's over training how am I sitting at just over 18 inch arms lean and solid?

If advice I can give, don't listen to the myths and bs. Most people don't know anything they just for example read what they see on a forum of what most people spout and reiterate it like it's 100% fact. Mens health and the likes being the worst with all the 16 year old diet and training gurus :L.

Caporegime
I find this place the best for advice to be honest...one i can count on that the majority of members dont take any crap to enhance themselves, and two everyone here seems honest, as opposed to other forums where they literally talk tripe most of the day

Man of Honour
OP
im not holding to much body fat, got abs out etc. So the way I see it is if I've got visible abs im lean enough. Obviously for competition I'd have to drop a lot more...

Tbh I am careful-ish with diet. I know my body inside out really, If I gain water I can drop it easily simple carb manipulation and a few alterations to other aspects of the diet and it's gone. Same with fat. I've never done cardio in 6 months. And im still same body fat if not leaner... Yeah it's lazyness no cardio lol but just stating a point.

Once YOU know your body, the world is yours. Because you know how to alter things to get the results you want with ease really. Obviouslly genetics play a certain part, but everyone is different and respond differently to everything, be it training or diet.

For example I trained arms... Lets see chest + triceps on monday back + biceps on tuesday then I train arms, biceps and triceps on saturday. Most would say OH NOES OVER TRAIN! but if it's over training how am I sitting at just over 18 inch arms lean and solid?

If advice I can give, don't listen to the myths and bs. Most people don't know anything they just for example read what they see on a forum of what most people spout and reiterate it like it's 100% fact. Mens health and the likes being the worst with all the 16 year old diet and training gurus :L.

I've been in the game for many many more years than you - that's why I'm telling you, that you're way above average. :)

If that comment about don't listening to myths was aimed at me, don't worry mate, I have more than a little clue about this game ;)

Associate
I've been in the game for many many more years than you - that's why I'm telling you, that you're way above average. :)

If that comment about don't listening to myths was aimed at me, don't worry mate, I have more than a little clue about this game ;)

Nah not aimed at you mate, just so many people in general, like people who have little to no training experience but read something etc.

Man of Honour
OP
Nah not aimed at you mate, just so many people in general, like people who have little to no training experience but read something etc.

Yeah I agree 100%. too many people read the hype and believe it. You need to study, learn and understand how it all works before you can really achieve big results.

Soldato
Nice pics bicep, genetics of a champion! For me it's the opposite, I think i can lift a fair amount of weight, but no size to show for it

for example some of the fellas down the gym lifting less, same rep ranges/form but they looked completely jacked out! Where as I don't!

Back
Top Bottom