OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
progress5.jpg

Stats:
Start Date: September 1st 2007 (3 years, 4 months)
Original Weight: 23st 13.1lb / 152kg / 335.1 lbs
Current Weight: 18.7st -/+2lb
Height: 6 foot 4 inches
Arms: 17.2"
Forearms: 14"
Chest: 48"
Shoulders: 52"
Hips: 40"
Waist: 42"
Quad/Hamstring: 28"
Calves: 18"

PBs
Bench - 120kg/264.6lb - Currently benching 110kg
Squats - 200kg/440.9lb - currently squatting 140kg
Deadlifts - 200kg/440.9lb - currently deadlifting 160kg

Routine (5 day split)
Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Bicep/Tricep
Day 6: Legs
Day 7: Rest

Last edited:
Soldato
There's no point guessing bodyfat % get it done either with a Maltron Bio-impedance machine or calipers.

This point is true, although I was going to add to my previous post will knowing a number make any difference to your body?

Personally I don't think it makes a massive deal what exact % your bodyfat is, but if you're not happy with the amount of fat you carry when looking in the mirror then its a good idea to lose some :p.

Soldato
Originally Posted by BennyC:
There's no point guessing bodyfat % get it done either with a Maltron Bio-impedance machine or calipers.

Originally posted by: The Craig:
This point is true, although I was going to add to my previous post will knowing a number make any difference to your body?

Personally I don't think it makes a massive deal what exact % your bodyfat is, but if you're not happy with the amount of fat you carry when looking in the mirror then its a good idea to lose some .

I think you both get me wrong, I just always wanted to know because then you can kinda keep tabs on it, but as I've read, people that take the time to measure what they eat, keep a food diary, weigh their food, and calculate their protein/carb/fat intake and take their body measurements and weight and do all the number crunching and hard work are the people that make good progress...but I have no doubt in my mind that I have fat that needs to go and I'm 100% sure that within the next 3 years it will be gone...

BUT at the same time, I'm really happy recently because the progress I've made in past 6 months has been excellent, but the progress I've made in past 3 years is just crazy, I've totally transformed my body and am hoping in next 3 years I'll get that six pack and add a few inches to the rest of my body.

Another milestone for me was getting my stomach flat from the side, coz I used to be really concious that my stomach was sticking out and anyone looking at me from the side would think I was really fat but now I've managed to get it flat so when am in jeans and a t-shirt I think I look ok but now the task is to get to the point where I look ok without the t-shirt haha, I've set myself a target to have a perfect body (in my eyes) in 3 years time, but I wont stop there am sure.

Because that means I'll have been going to gym for 6 years then so I think that's a reasonable calculation.

Last edited:
Soldato
You need to be as anal as your diet & amounts of food as the people you described it you want a reasonable chance of success at reducing your bodyfat.

It's a pain and a lot of effort but it works as I've been there dropping from 16%bf to 12%.

Associate
Imo body fat is easy as hell to drop. Once you get down to say 8% thats when it does get hard imo to drop further and obviously you will need to diet strictly and no doubt add cardio.

I sit with abs all year round whilst still packing on size and having the life style I have. Think my bodys just become accustomed to it haha.

Man of Honour
OP
Hmm I don't think that's right - dropping bodyweight is realtively simple yes I agree, dropping fat and holding onto decent mass at the same time takes a lot of knowledge, effort and determination.

Associate
Hmm I don't think that's right - dropping bodyweight is realtively simple yes I agree, dropping fat and holding onto decent mass at the same time takes a lot of knowledge, effort and determination.

I've found it easy enough. I think that it is easy. Until you get into lower figures. I'd agree with you to the point of low figures such as dropping from say 10% to 5% or something.

Man of Honour
OP
I don't think you can just state it's easy - because it really isn't. Scientifically and also mentally - it's hard work. Yes you found it easy, but we've already established you're a 1% minority in terms of genetics, without wanting to sound harsh, you are effectively a "freak of nature", please don't take that the wrong way, but you are in the 1 in a million category. So basing on what you find, and what is basic science and fact is different.

I'd love to do some tests on you and run you past a friend who's a microbiologist / nutritionist - he'd be in his element with you! :D :D

Associate
Imo body fat is easy as hell to drop. Once you get down to say 8% thats when it does get hard imo to drop further and obviously you will need to diet strictly and no doubt add cardio.

I sit with abs all year round whilst still packing on size and having the life style I have. Think my bodys just become accustomed to it haha.

HMM if it was that easy why does it take most competing body builders 12 weeks of strict diet to get to around 5% body fat, easy you better start asking around and hope they dont bite your head off lol. Got one friend who has just done 3 comps virtually one after another, last one this weekend. He has stayed at a low % and is walking around like a walking zombie.

19136_468140525155_594410155_11048807_632612_n.jpg

To stay anywhere around 10% takes an enormous amount of will power, that or hours of CV a day for most of the population!:p

Associate
I don't think you can just state it's easy - because it really isn't. Scientifically and also mentally - it's hard work. Yes you found it easy, but we've already established you're a 1% minority in terms of genetics, without wanting to sound harsh, you are effectively a "freak of nature", please don't take that the wrong way, but you are in the 1 in a million category. So basing on what you find, and what is basic science and fact is different.

I'd love to do some tests on you and run you past a friend who's a microbiologist / nutritionist - he'd be in his element with you! :D :D

lol i wouldnt say im that, i'd say a lot of the pros are like that, especially the olympians.

Associate
HMM if it was that easy why does it take most competing body builders 12 weeks of strict diet to get to around 5% body fat, easy you better start asking around and hope they dont bite your head off lol. Got one friend who has just done 3 comps virtually one after another, last one this weekend. He has stayed at a low % and is walking around like a walking zombie.

To stay anywhere around 10% takes an enormous amount of will power, that or hours of CV a day for most of the population!:p

As I stated getting down from say 10% to 5% would take extreme hard work....

This is coming from SOMEONE who used to be at age 17 17.5 stone FAT never been to gym and shredded it all off pretty easy believe it or not down to a skinny 10 stone, and then started to build up about a year after to a big but quite bloated/fat 18 stone so maybe 18% body fat or something and just cut it down a bit to what I am now 16 stone but lean.

And come on 10%, and takes enormous amount of will power and cv a day? :L?

Man of Honour
OP
lol i wouldnt say im that, i'd say a lot of the pros are like that, especially the olympians.

Pros have full time coaches and nutritionists and don't have to do live a "normal" life. Also the non natural pros use a lot of naughty supps to help burn the fat - but it doesn't burn the visceral fat hence the wrongly named "GH" gut. Even natural pros have a lot more time and capability to train specifically.

Comparing to pros is like comparing apples to oranges - 2 different things.

Man of Honour
OP
As I stated getting down from say 10% to 5% would take extreme hard work....

This is coming from SOMEONE who used to be at age 17 17.5 stone FAT never been to gym and shredded it all off pretty easy believe it or not down to a skinny 10 stone, and then started to build up about a year after to a big but quite bloated/fat 18 stone so maybe 18% body fat or something and just cut it down a bit to what I am now 16 stone but lean.

And come on 10%, and takes enormous amount of will power and cv a day? :L?

At that age your test and GH levels are through the roof as they are now, if you train hard, and have a little knoweldge at that age you will accelerate your ability to shed fat - however, genetics do help with some people.

And yes, 10% requires a big lifestyle change - don't kid yourself, it's not that easy as you say it is. You'll learn - you've got time :)

Back
Top Bottom