OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
haha, well I been going on about my arms allot coz they're my worst undeveloped area compared to my legs or whatever but tbh I want everything big lol. I guess its just coz when your in a t-shirt people just see your arms dont they really, so its sort of the showing off part of ya most of time like at work or on a night out haha.

Soldato
originally posted by tom_e:
Girls love the gunz, and also dont bother training legs no one ever sees them

You've got to train legs! Otherwise you'll have chicken legs haha.

EDIT: Is it true what they say that if you dont train your legs the top part of your body cant develop past a point? Whats the science behind that? Not that it matters to me because I've trained legs since day 1, but would still like to know?

Also that greg plitt that I been listening to said if you train your legs because they're biggest muscles in your body your brain releases the biggest amount of testosterone and when its released as it moves through your whole body you get the benefit of that testosterone everywhere, not just in your legs, but also in your back, and arms and chest and shoulders....is this true what he said? I'm prob not wording this stuff right word for word, but he does say this on one of his videos.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Your body likes balance - synergy. Furthermore, strength and power comes from legs - for EVERYTHING. Any sport really and any strength / power development mainly comes from legs - weak legs = weak body. If I saw someone come up to me scrapping for a fight who had skinny legs but well built upper body, I wouldn't even flinch, if it were a big powerlifter with powerful legs, I'd be wary.

Your legs are the biggest muscle in your body, generate the most test release when exercised, and are responsible for being able to bench, squat, deadlift, row, everything bar perhaps chin ups!

I have no need for big arms or tight fitting tshirt, I have above average grip strength, strength and power - I don't need bulging biceps with nice peaks to make me aware of that ;) I don't do this for women or men, I train for myself.

However, if that's what you're after, that's cool :) Nothing wrong with that - I just won't know how to help you! :p

Man of Honour
Hehe I just had a picture in my head of Freefaller getting in a fight and pausing before it starts with the question...

[East London Voice]"'Scuse me mate, drop your trousers a second, let's have a quick look at them legs. Need to know how I'm gonna have to approach this fight"

Soldato
haha, well I been going on about my arms allot coz they're my worst undeveloped area compared to my legs or whatever but tbh I want everything big lol. I guess its just coz when your in a t-shirt people just see your arms dont they really, so its sort of the showing off part of ya most of time like at work or on a night out haha.

Shoulders & Back are more impressive to me tbh.

Man of Honour
OP
Hehe I just had a picture in my head of Freefaller getting in a fight and pausing before it starts with the question...

[East London Voice]"'Scuse me mate, drop your trousers a second, let's have a quick look at them legs. Need to know how I'm gonna have to approach this fight"

:D :D :D

Clearly I was being slightly tongue in cheek ;)

Soldato
Your body likes balance - synergy. Furthermore, strength and power comes from legs - for EVERYTHING. Any sport really and any strength / power development mainly comes from legs - weak legs = weak body. If I saw someone come up to me scrapping for a fight who had skinny legs but well built upper body, I wouldn't even flinch, if it were a big powerlifter with powerful legs, I'd be wary.

Your legs are the biggest muscle in your body, generate the most test release when exercised, and are responsible for being able to bench, squat, deadlift, row, everything bar perhaps chin ups!

I have no need for big arms or tight fitting tshirt, I have above average grip strength, strength and power - I don't need bulging biceps with nice peaks to make me aware of that I don't do this for women or men, I train for myself.

However, if that's what you're after, that's cool Nothing wrong with that - I just won't know how to help you!

I've never understood why some people say they dont want abs, or they dont want big biceps, in my mind surely every man should want to have a perfect body and have muscles, and arms and abs are part of that and weather we like it or not society favoures those muscle groups more then everything else. When you go to a party people say "show me your arms" and they're only thinking about the bicep, or people say "lift up your top and show me your abs"...that greg plitt that I been reading and watching and listening to, he has some of best abs I've ever seen, and on one of his videos he talks about this, and about society, how people think, and he says this is BS! but thats life...so yeah we all know you dont need good biceps or abs to be fit, or healthy, or lift heavy or whatever, but if your going for full package like I am, and I would have thought most people would want the same, then these two muscle groups come as part of that package.

And I have one last thing that I'd like to add, which is more personal, which is, I've been fat all my life...and I've always hoped of abs, now I'm at the gym and doing sommat about it, so can you imagine how I would feel the day I wake up and finally have abs? lol....funny how I just said that, when I wake up? like I didnt see em before I went to bed but then all of a sudden they were there in the morning? haha....but all jokes aside, do you see what am saying?

I've spoke to hundreds of people over years at gym, most of the time they spoke to me! and interrupted my workout haha...but anyways, allot of them that I've spoke to started out as a skinny guy, and they had one goal in mind, to gain weight and bulk up as much as possible! oh how I envied these people! If only I had started out slim or skinny! then I would have had only one goal....but for years now I've been torn apart, and as a newbie with no guidance and not knowing what to do, I did weights and cardio and hoping that I'd somehow shift all the fat and gain loads of muscle and thats kinda happened but it was 90% fat loss and only 10% muscle gain, if I had to guess the figures as the muscle I've gained has been minimal where as the fat I've lost has been huge since I was 24 stone and am now a couple of pounds above 18. So personally I've always felt hard done by, like I've had it harder then everyone else, I've had to do twice as much as everyone else, and put in twice as much time, and yeah it was my fault for eating crap all my life and getting to that size, but atleast I got up and did something about it eventually...

So yeah, I want abs, I want big biceps, I went pecks, I want huge back with huge latts and amazing delts and traps and legs to go with it, I want it all...So I think for me coming from where I've come from to this point, these things mean more to me then maybe others.

Last edited:
Soldato
You have a very long winded way of saying things :p Everyone is different, everyone has different goals. The chaps are all here to offer their opinions and advice. I'm not particularly an ab lover myself but as you said, I started out skinny with an athletic physique and a relatively decent looking mid section. Now, I'm all about getting mass elsewhere and enjoying my lifting. I'm still lean, though so no gripes really.

As I said in an earlier post, training is individual. Oh and have fun in the process.

edit: just to add, my GF doesn't much like abs either, unless their very very faint so that's one less thing to worry about for me. :p

Soldato
We all know you want to be ugly and powerful freefaller but most of us probably don't lol.

EDIT: Just seen how that came across lol. I'm not saying you're ugly i'm saying you want to be :p

Man of Honour
OP
I've never understood why some people say they dont want abs, or they dont want big biceps, in my mind surely every man should want to have a perfect body and have muscles, and arms and abs are part of that and weather we like it or not society favoures those muscle groups more then everything else. When you go to a party people say "show me your arms" and they're only thinking about the bicep, or people say "lift up your top and show me your abs"...that greg plitt that I been reading and watching and listening to, he has some of best abs I've ever seen, and on one of his videos he talks about this, and about society, how people think, and he says this is BS! but thats life...so yeah we all know you dont need good biceps or abs to be fit, or healthy, or lift heavy or whatever, but if your going for full package like I am, and I would have thought most people would want the same, then these two muscle groups come as part of that package.

And I have one last thing that I'd like to add, which is more personal, which is, I've been fat all my life...and I've always hoped of abs, now I'm at the gym and doing sommat about it, so can you imagine how I would feel the day I wake up and finally have abs? lol....funny how I just said that, when I wake up? like I didnt see em before I went to bed but then all of a sudden they were there in the morning? haha....but all jokes aside, do you see what am saying?

I've spoke to hundreds of people over years at gym, most of the time they spoke to me! and interrupted my workout haha...but anyways, allot of them that I've spoke to started out as a skinny guy, and they had one goal in mind, to gain weight and bulk up as much as possible! oh how I envied these people! If only I had started out slim or skinny! then I would have had only one goal....but for years now I've been torn apart, and as a newbie with no guidance and not knowing what to do, I did weights and cardio and hoping that I'd somehow shift all the fat and gain loads of muscle and thats kinda happened but it was 90% fat loss and only 10% muscle gain, if I had to guess the figures as the muscle I've gained has been minimal where as the fat I've lost has been huge since I was 24 stone and am now a couple of pounds above 18. So personally I've always felt hard done by, like I've had it harder then everyone else, I've had to do twice as much as everyone else, and put in twice as much time, and yeah it was my fault for eating crap all my life and getting to that size, but atleast I got up and did something about it eventually...

So yeah, I want abs, I want big biceps, I went pecks, I want huge back with huge latts and amazing delts and traps and legs to go with it, I want it all...So I think for me coming from where I've come from to this point, these things mean more to me then maybe others.

Wow talk about waffle! Get to the point old bean!!! :p

You've started at a different spectrum, and you want different things. :) I have abs, I have big arms - but I don't train to get them specifically - I get them because I train well, eat well and know what I'm doing :)

I completely understand - you were a big boy you want to trim down to something more aesthetically pleasing - that's great!! :) Go for it, and good luck! If you listen to some of our advice and tips, or some of your expert friends in the gym and have a bit of self control and determination I see no reason why you won't hit your goals! :)

However, don't judge or measure your standards vs others. I'm not doing this for the "looks" :) I've got all the bits and pieces, (abs, legs, arms, big back) but I've been training somewhat longer than you and started off on the different end of the scale. I'm such a charming ****er that I don't need arms or abs to get the ladiez anyway ;)

Good luck with it mate - work hard, eat well, believe in yourself, you'll achieve your goals. :)

Soldato
ur awesum guyz... i want to be just like u when i grow up.. ;)

got no motivation at all to keep up with my diet.. shame on me :O 73kg at the moment at 5.9.. BF by the online counters is around 25% which is totally stupid since i don't look fat at all.. :/ guess it doesn't count the muscle does it? sorry i have no idea how bf is counted.

Back
Top Bottom