OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
You need to chill out and stop taking this so seriously and thinking of yourself as the messiah. Good for you that you do all that but i'm not sure what you want some browny points? I'll react to someone baiting me i'm not trying to cause a rift but frankly if you take offence to those comments I think you best take your own advice mate. Leave it at that? I don't quite understand what i've said is soo bad.

Maybe we've misunderstood one another or talking at cross purposes. I'm not trying to come across as a messiah, I don't know eveything. However, I AM passionate about this like anyone here will tell you and maybe that comes across wrongly if you're not aware of it, so for that I apologise.

However, your tone and a lot of your posts do come across as condescending - I'm not after sycophantic posts or anything like that. However we will all have differ t opinions, and that's fine, and I DO appreciate good aesthetics too - however your posts come across as judging and negative towards other peoples achievements and ways.

Opinions and ideas aside there are some hard facts, one thing that I am also passionate about and get sick and tires of people regurgitating the same old crap thinking it's gospel without thinking about what they are saying and the facts they are saying. This is not directed at you per se.

People want different things and achieve different goals however we shouldn't judge by our own aspirations, if you notice i always give fair and realistic but generally positive feedback where and when it's deserved. I don't want brownie points I'm here to share my time out of choice and I love seeing people develop and achieve their goals and surpass their aspirations.

One thing I won't stand for is the one size fits all I'm right you're wrong attitude - and perhaps you didn't mean to but a lot of your posts in the past have been detrimental to others or at least peoples own development.

These posts and threads are to encourage positivity amongst our peers and provide positive feedback and positive criticism.

Maybe you misunderstood me and perhaps I misunderstood your tone. But I'm passionate and protective of the threads and the guys here who are working hard.

Soldato
Hey guys I found this website yestersay http://allmuscle.blogspot.com/2010/08/branch-warren-bodybuilder-bio-stats.html

Anyways I've never seen it before and I was clicking on the pictures below of other bodybuilders and reading their stats, and it also had some videos on some pages, before I knew it I had like 20 web pages open from that one website, out of choice, I dont mean popups lol, I mean coz I kept clicking page after page and reading and watching videos, anyways one of the bodybuilders in the video talks about 10 myths around bodybuilding...and this is where I come to my point...

Am sure a few days ago someone on this forum in one of the threads said you cant do cardio and expect to gain muscle at the same time, but that bodybuilder on that website said this is a myth and that you can.

And then I was also thinking myself well I've lost loads of fat over years and gained muscle myself so it cant exactly be true.

Do you know what people should mean to say is this: "It's not practical to bulk and expect to gain 100% muscle whilst doing cardio, so when bulking dont do cardio"...because if you're doing 60 mins weights 7 days a week and 2-3 hours cardio 7 days a week then you'll be losing 90% fat vs 10% muscle, where as if you were just bulking and on a good diet and doing 60 mins weights 4-7 times a week you'd be gaining 90% muscle and only losing 10% fat.

Do you see what am trying to say?

EDIT: Also because that website has all bodybuilders on it from ameture to pro, you can read all their stats and when I was clicking on each one, I couldnt believe it, they're all like really short, like 5 foot 8 inches or around that mark, what the hell, this is crazy, so if I was stood next to ronnie coleman or jay cutler I'd be so much taller then them, I wonder how big they'd actually look in a t-shirt next to me. I think I'd love to meet one at some point in my life or go to a show.

Last edited:
Soldato
wut? You can do cardio and weights, and be in a caloric excess and build just as much muscle as without. As long as you're not overdoing the cardio (eg marathon training, highly catabolic exercise).

Soldato
SkScotchegg you're carrying quite a lot of fat so in that situation losing fat and gaining muscle isn't unheard of. For someone at 10-15% it would be much more difficult to be actively losing fat and actively gaining muscle at the same time.

As far as doing cardio goes, I don't think it's a myth that doing cardio means you can't gain muscle, it's fine as long as you don't overdo it and go around doing very cardio catabolic training.

Soldato
Am really not sure what you just said craig, can you word it again in words I'd understand lol?

Doing cardio along with weights will not cause you to stop building muscle.

Not eating enough however, will. Also just realised this is on the wrong thread, ask this kinda stuff on gymrats. This thread is specifically for me to swoon over topless men :eek:.

Associate
Nobody has posted a pic in a while:rolleyes:

Uploading one I took about 30mins ago, go easy on me, I've only been training for the last 2months and I don't know what I'm doing.

Just a posing pic actually for a female friend;) My camera doesn't have a timer before it goes off, only like 0.5seconds, so I have to move pretty fast to get in view of it:rolleyes:

c04304a1c0a04280b8671b4a020508f9

*edit* I tried to find Freefaller's pictures, since he's a don I wanted to know what he looked like. Using the thread tool to find all his posts, he has 500 :o

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Nobody has posted a pic in a while:rolleyes:

Uploading one I took about 30mins ago, go easy on me, I've only been training for the last 2months and I don't know what I'm doing.

Just a posing pic actually for a female friend;) My camera doesn't have a timer before it goes off, only like 0.5seconds, so I have to move pretty fast to get in view of it:rolleyes:

c04304a1c0a04280b8671b4a020508f9

*edit* I tried to find Freefaller's pictures, since he's a don I wanted to know what he looked like. Using the thread tool to find all his posts, he has 500 :o

Good low body fat starting point, now you just need to pack on some mass. As Morba says Eat like a horse, Train like a demon and sleep like a baby :cool:

Man of Honour
OP
Stronglifts is a good way of getting started, gets you used to all the major movements - then you can add complexity to your routines.

There's plenty of pics of me on here - I'm sure you can find 'em! ;)

It would be niec to be amongst the biggest and baddest, but there are some mighty strong guys here in terms of power:weight - I have a lot of strength/power despite my lifts not being THAT impressive :)

If you're desperate for pics - I can post them up for you.

As for you, you've got a good base to start from - I will say this though., BE PATIENT! It takes years to pack on several lbs of muscle so don't give up, keep at it and it will come - it's worth the wait. The advantage of taking it slower is that your body will grow and accept your new mass so you will become less and less likely to shed all that hard work.

Lots of experts here ready to give you lots of help if you're willing to put the time and effort in. :)

Associate
There's plenty of pics of me on here - I'm sure you can find 'em! ;)

If you're desperate for pics - I can post them up for you.

Ah found some ;) Might I ask, why do you have a beard on your chest? If it gets any longer you'll be tying it up with a hair bobble!

I was thinking of trying the GOMAD diet, but I think I'd get depressed if I put on too much weight, I'm VERY conscious with my weight. I feel pretty fat right now to be honest.

Going for a slow bulk up I think. I realize that I'll put on some fat along with muscle whilst bulking, but the GOMAD diet seems too drastic for me, I can't stand feeling fat:mad:.

I wish my camera had a timer on it, that way I could take proper pictures of my back, I have no idea what my back even looks like!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Stronglifts 5x5 program states that 1 ab exercise should be included. Does this literally mean a single exercise (i.e prone bridges or reverse crunches etc), or does it mean a small session of ab work?

Most ab videos / exercises I've seen were a series of different exercises, rather than a single one.

Whether it's a single or multiple exercise, what would you recommend? Getting a six-pack is one of my long-term aims, along with bulking up my entire back and my shoulders.

Associate
When I do workout A of Stronglifts I finish with push ups and reverse crunches as core (ab) work.

Workout B I finish with pull ups/chins and then prone bridges

How are you finding that, are you getting sufficient gains? I did a LOT of ab work when I was training for the RAF 1.5-2.5 years ago, and saw little results.

Granted, I wasn't as clued up as I am now and was making a few mistakes, but I did see results elsewhere. I think I'll need to push them pretty hard to induce growth, same for my shoulders:mad:

I've been having pains in my back for a couple of years now, minor nuisance most of the time. Next time I visit my GP I'll ask him to take a look. I get a lot of "cracking" in my knees/ankles when I train, and my neck requires cracking all day long.

Maybe it's a case of malnutrition for my joints. Any suggestions/likely causes? I didn't suffer any injuries/accidents whilst training, it's just gradually gotten worse:mad:

Soldato
Abs are like any other muscle. Train them heavy. 6-12 reps 2-3 sets. They're not a magical muscle that respond well to insane amounts of volume and over a dozen exercises.

Back
Top Bottom