OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
How are you finding that, are you getting sufficient gains? I did a LOT of ab work when I was training for the RAF 1.5-2.5 years ago, and saw little results.

Granted, I wasn't as clued up as I am now and was making a few mistakes, but I did see results elsewhere. I think I'll need to push them pretty hard to induce growth, same for my shoulders:mad:

I've been having pains in my back for a couple of years now, minor nuisance most of the time. Next time I visit my GP I'll ask him to take a look. I get a lot of "cracking" in my knees/ankles when I train, and my neck requires cracking all day long.

Maybe it's a case of malnutrition for my joints. Any suggestions/likely causes? I didn't suffer any injuries/accidents whilst training, it's just gradually gotten worse:mad:

I have to say I can see my ab definition much clearer now then when I started !

On the clicking issue, I click my foot, ankle, knee, arms .etc when doing pretty much anything ! I think some people just tend to click more then others :p

But anyway this is the pics thread not gym rats ! :p

Soldato
Abs are like any other muscle. Train them heavy. 6-12 reps 2-3 sets. They're not a magical muscle that respond well to insane amounts of volume and over a dozen exercises.

Never thought of it that way. But how do you add weights to ab exercises, i suppose you could hold a plate to your chest when doing situps. And then theirs russian twist with a medicine ball.

Soldato
Never thought of it that way. But how do you add weights to ab exercises, i suppose you could hold a plate to your chest when doing situps. And then theirs russian twist with a medicine ball.
You got it in one just start with small plates first and work your way up or you'll not be able to move for a week!

Associate
Thought I would post some photos. Needing to bulk up a bit and work on the traps, also need to get the abs moving. Just started a new routine so we will see how it goes.

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

Man of Honour
Sorry I don't understand what that means, can you explain it to me, and what do you do for your ab work? :)

Hes saying that the delayed onset muscle sorness you get in your abs after doing a heavy workout is quite uncomfortable. Its definately the most uncomfortable DOMS but gives you a sence of achivement :D

Soldato
what do you do for your ab work? :)

I hope you understand that making your abs visible is due to time spent in the kitchen perparing diet. As they say six packs are made in the kitchen. However this isn't to say don't bother until you're cutting/lean just don't be dismayed if you don't see the results you expect straight away. Unfortunatley ab work doesn't shread through fat!

Associate
I hope you understand that making your abs visible is due to time spent in the kitchen perparing diet. As they say six packs are made in the kitchen. However this isn't to say don't bother until you're cutting/lean just don't be dismayed if you don't see the results you expect straight away. Unfortunatley ab work doesn't shread through fat!

Yeah buddy I knew that :) It was just the way he had worded his post that I couldn't make heads or tails of.

Freefaller's abs are covered by a beard of some sort :D

Soldato
Yeah buddy I knew that :) It was just the way he had worded his post that I couldn't make heads or tails of.

Good stuff. Best bet imo is to do functional exercises such as leg raises, planks, windmills etc as opposed to just crunches as it's very rare that you do ever need to crunch up like that.

Freefaller's beard is covered by abs of some sort :D

Fixed.

Back
Top Bottom