OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Might be the slightly different angle but shoulders seem to have broadened nicely.

should have got a snap today as my quads are ballooned up from yesterdays squats and I had some good pump up top too.

Soldato
my first post in this thread, been reading bits and bobs here and other forums too.
what im after is some simple, easily understood body building programme thats for a beginner. Ive recently loss a bit of weight and finally thinking about putting on some muscle. i attend the gym 4-5 times a week and understand i need to work different parts of the body to allow rest etc.
if any of you could give me some tips or programmes for parts of the body i would appreciate it a lot.

Associate
my first post in this thread, been reading bits and bobs here and other forums too.
what im after is some simple, easily understood body building programme thats for a beginner. Ive recently loss a bit of weight and finally thinking about putting on some muscle. i attend the gym 4-5 times a week and understand i need to work different parts of the body to allow rest etc.
if any of you could give me some tips or programmes for parts of the body i would appreciate it a lot.

You read this?
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17401146

Soldato

i would start a whole body routine 3 times a week

start light and learn good technique and build up slowly

give yourself a few months of that with a good diet

Soldato
no before pictures as would be far too embarassing - lets say I couldn't see past my belly, my face drooped, my eyes felt tired, my wedding ring wouldn't fit, out of puff jogging up a few stairs etc. Was easily into the "obese" BMI category.

after picture - 7 months of very intensive gym work - I tend to only have 1 day off a week, and do a mixture of heavy weights (for me) and 6-8km of running a day. Got a way to go yet - but have so much more energy than I had previously and am far stronger

no diet as such - just cut out - almost completely - chocolate, crisps, sugary drinks, and alcohol (have an occasional drink but very seldom)

total weight lost so far about 3 stone 9 lbs :)

19425.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
From your original description that is dam good going mate, I wouldnt say youve got that much further to go in terms of loosing fat though. Definately a good base to wack some mass onto though

Associate
/snip[/IMG]

Let me be the first :edit second.. to say that what you have achieved is very impressive.

You look like you bf percentage is around the 11-12% mark.. The picture is not that clear, and your pose probably no the best to make much more of a comment but I am very impressed with your weight loss and dedication.

keep it up mate..

All the best!

Soldato
thanks for coments - yes last time I had body fat % checked it was about 12 1/2% - I've lost a further 3-4lbs since then

I'm now 9 stone 12 - from 13 stone 9 - and I'm although I'm not trying to loose weight now - its still coming off - I must eat more I guess - but its a difficult balance. 38 waist to a 30 inch (loose) waist :)

my body is unfortuantely very lazy - so have to push it to get anywhere - so to make any progress weights wise I end up having to pyramid up quickly and do as many sets of 1-2 reps at max weight

Last edited:
Soldato
i would start a whole body routine 3 times a week

start light and learn good technique and build up slowly

give yourself a few months of that with a good diet

sorry i missed this reply, thats what i have been doing over the past 3 months ish after i had a few chats with the gyms personal advisors who set me up with a what seems a decent programme as ive lost over 3 stone now and would finally like to get on with building up some shape and muscle.
ive got some great info from the sticky thread though since reading it :)

hux

hux

Soldato
Well im currently quite chuffed, two days ago a local strongman helped spot for me, and i managed ro squat a set at 140kg, trouble is now the waist on my jeans fit fine it's my flaming quads that are causing issues, ho hum.

Last edited:

hux

hux

Soldato
Haha yeah the clothing fit is starting to get a litte 'interesting' to say the least.

On the flip side i now get quite a few looks when shopping, bit disconcerting as im usually the last person to get any sort of attention.

Actually the size is very useful for christmas shopping, you know those folk that just love to barge, they take one look and move out the way lmao :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Here are a couple of snaps - not very good quality I'm afraid.

pic2cx.jpg

pic1nx.jpg

Took a few vids of my deadlifting - the angle is pretty pants so it's look "up" at me, not really happy with my form or technique at the moment which is why I think it's holding me back.

First vid is 190kg x 2

Second vid is 230kg x 1

Third is 190kg x 6

Last vid is 200kg x 4 - tried a different angle but as you can see it's not very useful! :D

Back
Top Bottom