OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Broken ribs make my weight set feel sad :(

Also...

20110121-g3jx1tb19sruaxwx4wu54kkkek.jpg

Does he not realise it makes his trousersnake look tiny by comparison? Hell, those legs make his head look small!

Can't wait to get healed, seems like everytime i get into it i break an important bone :p

Soldato
I take protein when I can't get a decent meal after training or when I can afford it but that's only circa 100 calories.

Tried weight gainers, they average at around 300 calories and they don't fill you up at all so pretty useless. I find if I make a banana, ice cream, oat, protein smoothie, it kinda helps my calorie intake but still, I struggle when it comes to forcing food down.

:(

My muscle development has been so long and gradual that's probably why I'm still holding little bodyfat :p

Soldato
I feel you, why don't you try those weight gain & protein shakes?

They're a large but poor source of calories imo.

You'd be best off just popping 2 scoops of oats with 2 scoops of whey in a shaker and then adding a teaspoon or two of EVOO (olive oil). This would see you about 6-700 calories. Not to mention be cheaper than a big tub of gainer and you know exactly what's in it and could adjust the macro's as you need. :)

Soldato
I do that :) Drinking one as I write this.

Though, I'm pretty unsure how many calories the oats provide!? I usually stick in half a normal sized mug.

From memory 100grams is rough 380/400 calories. And you get 40grams into a regular 'whey' scoop (70cc *i think*). So 2.5 scoops would be roughly 100 grams.

Ultra Fine scottish oats by My Protein (100g)

Calories: 388, Total Fat: 7.9g, Total Carbs: 70.7g, Protein: 8.5g

Pinched from my dailyburn favorites.

Soldato
Thanks mate!

I just measured out my bag of cheapo oats there. 350cal per 100g.

It took 4 whey scoops to get the oats to 100g on the scales :p My half cup measurement only gives me 70g.

Back
Top Bottom