OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
well legs don't seem to be neglected too much since I don't do any leg work in the gym :)-this was 3 miles into my 10 mile runtoday (1hr 18 total)

I seem to have developed veigny shoulders, bicpes, forearm, neck and legs lol

was officially obese 14 months ago !

run.jpg

Man of Honour
I thought 35k of running a week was good enough

certainly tops of legs are like tree trunks now anyway
It depends what you're talking about.

Yes 35km a week is a nice amount of running, but nothing like working your legs in the gym. Nobody ever got big legs by running long distances.

Man of Honour
....he has :eek:
Ok, I'm going to try and phrase this without it looking like I'm getting at Buckster. But just in case that doesn't come across, I love him :p

His legs are certainly not big. His calf muscles look decent but that is probably because he was overweight. His upper left leg gives an accurate visual of how big his legs are because some parts of the quad are overemphasised by being in extension over the knee (as in his right knee).

Regardless, Buckster is in good shape :)

However, it's a big mistake to assume that your legs get enough work from running or football type activities. That's akin to saying your going to get big biceps by doing 500 rep curls.

Associate
I definately see your point there but you do have to bear in mind that for "the general public" those legs don't look bad at all.

Of course they are no proper bodybuilder legs, but they certainly don't look bad for what it's worth. At the end of the day, how many people actually go for the bodybuilder appearance anyway?

Man of Honour
Oh I agree, it's not that he actually looks bad, I'm more commenting on the "I'm not neglecting my legs because I'm running" and "he got big legs from running" statements. Posting in a "bodybuilder's" thread, even a casual one, I think you should kind of expect some friendly flak for saying that ;)

TBH at the moment my legs probably look on the small side (body dismorphia?? :p), and I don't care enough to go for huge bodybuilding legs either.

Man of Honour
OP
Now? Yeah - quite happy with them :) Believe it or not, not my strongest feature - I actually feel I have quite weak shoulders :(

The pics was more to show how similar we look - well that was me about 5 years ago - I've actually got lats and a proper back now! :D

Back
Top Bottom