OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Caporegime
[TW]Sponge;19218899 said:
Currently following GordyR's sticky.

Deadlifts 3x8
Bent over rows 3x8
Lat pull-downs 3x8

Cool, thought about incorporating T-Bar rows? Otherwise Chin-ups and single arm bent over rows could be done also for the back.

What are you doing for your shoulders?

Man of Honour
OP
Sponge - good base, but lats need some work but that's down to the pose a little too.

Rear delts need to be hit hard.

Top of traps look good, but you need some thickness lower down your back.

Man of Honour
OP
[TW]Sponge;19218899 said:
Currently following GordyR's sticky.

Deadlifts 3x8
Bent over rows 3x8
Lat pull-downs 3x8

Do some wide grip, narrow grip, and weighted chins. Do lots of these - till it makes you cry.

3x8 is good, but ensure you start pushing the weight.

BORs, try playing with overhand/underhand grip too.

Possibly add some t-bars, and/or cable rows if you have a decent cable row machine.

Back is a lot of muscles, and big muscle groups - you need to really give it a thorough tonking to get some growth.

Side raises, push press are a good superset for shoulder development too.

Soldato
Do some wide grip, narrow grip, and weighted chins. Do lots of these - till it makes you cry.

3x8 is good, but ensure you start pushing the weight.

BORs, try playing with overhand/underhand grip too.

Possibly add some t-bars, and/or cable rows if you have a decent cable row machine.

Back is a lot of muscles, and big muscle groups - you need to really give it a thorough tonking to get some growth.

Side raises, push press are a good superset for shoulder development too.

AAHHHH information overload!

I didn't use to be strong enough to even attempt chins, but will give them a go tomorrow. Also my gym is **** and the cable machine is not that great to be honest, so dumbell work is pretty much all I can do apart from the lat pull downs.

Would it be advisable to do most of the back exercises until failure to get maximum growth?

Can't wait to meet you so can go into this further:)

Man of Honour
OP
Variation is good as stated. Try 4x8 if you're achieving 3x8 easily. Or pyramid train - i.e. reps of 10, 8, 6, 6, 4, 2 etc... for example. Doesn't have to be that many sets. Volume, heavy volume especially is what you need. You shouldn't be able to move your back after a good session :D

Happy to spend as long as you want chatting about it in Brighton mate :)

Caporegime
[TW]Sponge;19219501 said:
AAHHHH information overload!

I didn't use to be strong enough to even attempt chins, but will give them a go tomorrow. Also my gym is **** and the cable machine is not that great to be honest, so dumbell work is pretty much all I can do apart from the lat pull downs.

Would it be advisable to do most of the back exercises until failure to get maximum growth?

Can't wait to meet you so can go into this further:)

I wouldn't advise doing anything 'to failure', unless and only unless you can keep good form really...If your form starts to drop i'd either stop or lower the weight a touch :)

Regarding Chins, give them a go...I couldn't do ANY chins a few months ago, possibly one or two. So I started again recently, managed three, gave it a days rest, then did a few extra the next time...Then a few extra the next time. It's like anything really, they will be hard at first due to you having to lift your BW practically :p Then it will get a bit easier.

I'm still trying to do wide grip, I struggle with them a lot :(

*Brighton meet? Whens this? :eek:

Caporegime
Doesn't have to be expensive - if you share rooms etc... it gets cheaper the more people share! ;)

ooh er! :p

Still...I'm exceedingly poor at the moment, i've actually been having interviews with my boss and boss-boss about it this week it's got that bad.

Anyway, I shall have to see, will be good to devour your brain of its information and anyone elses :p

Back
Top Bottom