OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Looking at my pics and how I feel, notice my bicep muscles have gone bigger, chest abit firmer, I have put weight on (muscle) and lost weight (fat), not a great deal but deffintaly has happend.

I was reading a lot of websites saying this is very hard to do, due to the body needing protein to repair and doing cardio does not help muscle growth.

Plus some guy I know said I was not eating enough protein and that I need supps. I feel my body is fuelled up and I am getting stronger and losing weight, so I dont know, what to do. Very confusing with some many people/websites/youtube videos all saying different things.

Last edited:
Looking at my pics and how I feel, notice my bicep muscles have gone bigger, chest abit firmer, I have put weight on (muscle) and lost weight (fat), not a great deal but deffintaly has happend.

I was reading a lot of websites saying this is very hard to do, due to the body needing protein to repair and doing cardio does not help muscle growth.

Plus some guy I know said I was not eating enough protein and that I need supps. I feel my body is fuelled up and I am getting stronger and losing weight, so I dont know, what to do. Very confusing with some many people/websites/youtube videos all saying different things.

If you can feel yourself and see yourself getting bigger, and you are happy with the way you look now, as from before..Then carry on with what you are doing, yes a supp drink a day 'could' help, but to be honest if you feel that you are getting the results that YOU want, I wouldn't worry.

You still look a bit soft but if you're still losing weight that's fine. Protein shakes can help for a lean protein source as meat/fish is more expensive.

Remember a good diet combined with weight training burns more calories than hours of cardio.

Trying to measure progress months apart rather than weeks also helps I find.

You will burn fat doing weight training, and carrying more muscle will increase your metabolic rate again burning fat.

This. Compound movements works your CV system as well as promoting muscular growth because they work a lot of muscles when you're performing your lifts, they should be introduced in pretty much everyones training regime as they provide a lot of benefits.

Don't completely eliminate cardio though, it's good in short bursts between your weightlifting days.

Finally having this done on Tuesday

Release the coracohumeral ligament and the rotator interval, do some capsular release anteriorally and do some biceps tenotomy and tenodesis. Hopefully this will cure the shoulder problem i have had since August 2009, no squats (cannot get my arm behind head to hold bar) no dead lifts and no heavy bench press have struggled to do any serious training for nearly 2 years and 3 failed shoulder operations still aint fared to bad.

Sitting at 15.8 stone age 43 and cannot wait to get back into it, fingers crossed

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

Lol no bicep to speak of all tri from the heavy benching days. Roll on 2012 when i will be back to hard bench press (oh wait 2012 end of the world bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Last edited:
Coming on nicely mate

When you do back shots like that, you want your back to look as big as possible, so try and add some width, you want to almost pull your shoulder blades apart and bring the lats into it

But other than that mate, nice work, you've got a nice deep line going through the centre which is what you want

Cheers and yeah i really cant pose, happy with the progress though.

Was around 69kg in that before shot, up to 75kg now. Averaging about 1.2kg a month. I was a very skinny 59kg this time last year!

FF the question is where do I go from here?

I clearly win the carpet war. Now it's time to pack on a more defined gorilla suit like our fellow stud. I'm all ears lav!

I thought you were hoping to compete? In which case I keep working towards your strength/powerlifting and keep your weight down...

That's a good bit of mass you're carrying zuludawn, good effort at 43!

If I can look as good as that at 43 I'd be happy! :)

deffo seeing an improvement

Just need to keep doing what I am doing and eating what I am eating, push harder, no excuses :D

That's the spirit buddy! Looking good as well

Just don't get yourself into a rut because 'things dont start to look different'...Its all about making yourself feel good inside, not just the outside

Bloody hurts like hell, done on Tuesday, Surgeon had to do open as well as (key-hole) roto-cuff surgery. Repaired a torn tendon and cut many liagaments to free up shouldler movement took him about two and a half hours.

Have better lateral movement but cannot lift my arm up in front of my yet, still early days yet. Just glad he did not have to move the Bicep head tendon or recovery would have doubled as would the pain

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

Remember them warms ups first before heavy training (especially roto-cuff ones) i never did Duhhhhhh!

Ouch, sounds pretty crap, hope the recovery goes well. I'm sure I don't need to say it but do the physio properly and as described it help me.

One other thing, that's not a scar, mine's twice the length of that :D

Back
Top Bottom