OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Avoiding fatty foods is generally a bad idea, when would you propose not to do this? Perhaps on an extreme cut, but carbs generally cause a greater insulin spike which intern increases fat storage. I'm not saying you should go eat fast food, but if it fits your macros there's no reason why you couldn't.

I just wouldn't, it all depends on what type of diet you have, I wouldn't recommend going out and eating crappy fatty foods every day for lunch, it's just pointless. The fat might not go on to you but it will just end up screwing something else up you can't see.

Up to you I guess

There's a massive difference between good fatty foods and crap fatty foods - and I think Mansize is advocating good fat, such as eggs, nuts, beef etc, rather than crappy processed meat and sauces.

Jesus wept, great work there, just out of interest how long have you being going to thr gym and how many times per week and how long do you stay?
Will have to get a pic up, been going for just over a year and making some good progress.

Thanks MT :)

I've been training "properly" for about 4 years. However spent a year before dabbling in the gym not really knowing what I was doing, taking lots of protein shakes and thinking that was that. I had no guidance or direction.

I think started to read about it. A lot. Bought lots of books, learnt about how your body works and generally started to be interested in the ins and outs of it. I also stopped travelling for a living, and was UK based, and started playing rugby again.

I bulked out enormously (naturally) but put on a bit of body fat, though to be fair remained fairly lean looking nonetheless - but that was purely owing to the muscle mass rather than being particularly lean.

The past 6 months I overhauled my training style and diet. Which is what has helped me lean out, whilst retaining my muscle mass. As I've posted recently, my measurements have either increased or stayed the same, but my skinfold measurements have decreased in terms of bodyfat %.

As for training regularity, usually 3-4 times a week for anything between 45-80 minutes.

I do at least 2x HIIT sessions a week, but also try and go for a run as well.

It's mainly down to diet, and training intensity, and rest. If I slept better I'm sure I'd recover better and grow more, but that's just life!

Happy to go through things in more detail should you be interested.

FF doesn't go to the gym, the gym goes to him!

Haha! :D

There's a massive difference between good fatty foods and crap fatty foods - and I think Mansize is advocating good fat, such as eggs, nuts, beef etc, rather than crappy processed meat and sauces.

Indeed. I eat lots of fats every day. Oily fish, eggs, nuts, avocados, meats, oils (olive, nut oils etc...).

I've pretty much cut out all refined carbs from my life - except weekends, and the odd day now and then. I try and buy unrefined/unprocessed foods as much as I can.

It's boring and hard to be super strict on your diet all the time, and why weekends I tend to let myself indulge as I know during the week I shall be super strict. It's got the stage where I don't crave so much - I still yearn at times for some carbs, and I can tell if my body is actually needing them or I'm just being greedy. It's a hard battle to fight, as your body naturally prefers to digest carbs as it's easier for it to do, and can turn it into fat more easily - your body doesn't naturally want to be lean - it's not in it's genetic make up.

I'm aware of that, but the way he's talking about it is that you may as well go out and eat whatever the hell you like just not potato :p

I'm aware of that, but the way he's talking about it is that you may as well go out and eat whatever the hell you like just not potato :p

You'd be better off eating a Mcdonalds quarter pounder than a potato. I suggest you read up a little on fats. I'm not trying to be condescending, it just seems like you're painting all fats with the same crap-stained brush. I'll post some links later when I have access to my laptop if you're interested in learning more. In reality fats are good for you, even saturated fats which are commonly avoided due to the fallacy that they directly lead to heart disease.

If I really feel the need for a quick cheap snack on the go I grab a burger and dump the bun.

i had an awesome lamb kofta wrap from asda the other day (from there kiosk bit, where you get lottery and quick on the go sandwiches and drinks), was really good for an asda indian wrap, was expecting it to be poor (im indian and a bit of a connoisseur when it comes to food). mc donalds £ menu (or street menu or whatever it is called) is pretty decent value for money, i think though that the chicken mayo would be a slightly healthier option if you wanted to keep the bun or not. but the buns from mc donalds are bad.

i try to go out of my way to avoid a mc donalds as much as i can, unless everyone else is going there and there is no way out.

You'd be better off eating a Mcdonalds quarter pounder than a potato. I suggest you read up a little on fats. I'm not trying to be condescending, it just seems like you're painting all fats with the same crap-stained brush. I'll post some links later when I have access to my laptop if you're interested in learning more. In reality fats are good for you, even saturated fats which are commonly avoided due to the fallacy that they directly lead to heart disease.

No worries, if you can post something it would be worth a read either way, if not for other people passing by.

I'm aware of good and bad fats, and i'm not 'painting all fats with the same crap-stained brush' :p...As you yourself have stated:

i try to go out of my way to avoid a mc donalds as much as i can

:)

i had an awesome lamb kofta wrap from asda the other day (from there kiosk bit, where you get lottery and quick on the go sandwiches and drinks), was really good for an asda indian wrap, was expecting it to be poor (im indian and a bit of a connoisseur when it comes to food). mc donalds £ menu (or street menu or whatever it is called) is pretty decent value for money, i think though that the chicken mayo would be a slightly healthier option if you wanted to keep the bun or not. but the buns from mc donalds are bad.

i try to go out of my way to avoid a mc donalds as much as i can, unless everyone else is going there and there is no way out.

I tend to get some chicken legs from asda and just eat the meat and rip off the skin, 5 for £2 or buy a pack of cooked turkey

Very rare I have a burgers or fried chicken these days, went to mcdonalds last week and had one of those new chicken wraps, salad tasted fresh on it and was only £1.99

Infact I always take some food with me when I go out the house, knowing that I will need to eat, fussy eater and I always look at labels, some of the ready made stuff is shockingly bad.

Ended up back in hospital again was in for nearly 3 wks this time 19 days. And thing were 100 times worse this time as bowel nearly perforated, to make matters worse with the colitis flare up ended up with severe gastrointeritus (sp) which was pretty crap as was throwing up everywhere, so never eat for roughly 2 ish weeks because of this, spent 1st week in my bed eat nothing and then admitted to hospital as was severe dehydration along with the pain etc and was on a drip for another 10 days, pumped full of drugs etc...

So yet again lost another close to 25lbs lol. Came out of hosp stomach was severely swelling out due to the bowel, im close to surgery.

r8b4uv.jpg

Just thought i'd update peeps on the situation, that picture I took on the monday when I got out of hospital, not been to gym in about a month but just started back other day, lost strength but managing 40's inc db's so can only move up, struggling to cope being on so many drugs on prednisone, cancer drug 6-mp high dose etc so not to great as im v v sick all the time and dizzy. It's been about week n half since that pic so i'll prob make progress updates. Gives me something to do and aim for right?

Gutted for you mate, sounds pretty awful. Still looking pretty decent considering :)

Looking a lot better now, stomachs all back, abs thru etc and more size. Sitting near enough around 15.5 st.

On a ton of prednisone which is a catabolic drug so eats away at me :(, luckily I don't suffer from a lot of the sides like moon face and severe fat gain etc. It just wrecks my bones, knees are like an 80 year olds lol. It's messed my test up even more, latest serum test results are 5.3 arghh. Other side effect im getting is sweat it's pretty disgusting to be honest, like im not a sweaty person and if in gym it's pouring off me, im soaked thru etc and goes all over the benches lol.

Is this going to be a life long thing?

Sucks tbh!!

Technically yes, it's chronic condition, but people have varying levels of the condition, some people have it mild others extreme etc... Unfortunatly im on the extreme side of the scale. It's caused some serious damage to my body in terms of quality of health. But im looking into surgery getting a colectomy as it will essentially give "new life" so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom