OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
lol ive posted this before many times, but some people still refuse to believe it.

for building mass

training > all

for low bodyfat

diet > all

you could have a six pack by doing zero exercise what so ever so long as your diet is in check, i know someone who has a 6 pack and has done about 3 workouts in the past year and plays football once a month.

I know what you're saying but for me that isn't the case. Maybe it's down to the individuals body, but for my mass building I concentrate just as much on my diet and sleep as I do my training. In fact I'd go as far to say that my mass building depended more on what I ate because I was so underweight. I also wasn't sleeping much. I changed my routine and over ate the right foods and made myself sleep longer than 6 hrs a day. Combined with what I would class as only moderate weight training and I managed to gain 4 stone in 2 years of good mass and muscle.

Soldato
lol ive posted this before many times, but some people still refuse to believe it.

for building mass

training > all

for low bodyfat

diet > all

Thats tosh. I trained for well over a year before i sorted my diet out and didnt gain a pound. On the same routine and level of training i have gained almost 30lbs in a year by fixing my diet.

Caporegime
Thats tosh. I trained for well over a year before i sorted my diet out and didnt gain a pound. On the same routine and level of training i have gained almost 30lbs in a year by fixing my diet.

it's really not, looks at guy's in prison, all they do is train, zero supplements and cheap food.

but some of them are huge and get that way in a short amount of time, i know one guy who was inside for a couple of years, he went in tiny, he came out deadlifting 200kg+ and swole.

sure he was getting plenty of sleep, but the main factor was his training, that's all he had to look forward to in his day, so he focussed 100% on it.

now he's out in the real world he only goes to the gym once every 2 weeks and he doesn't put even 10% of the effort he did whilst inside and it shows even though his diet is a lot better and he now takes supplements. therefore he was better off when he was training hard and eating crap than now training at his leisure and taking all the good stuff.

theres even another guy who proved this to be true, he managed to get lean, even though he was eating twinkies every day, because the rest of his diet was spot and the twinkies fitted in with his macros, therefore he proved that diet is the most important thing for losing bodyfat.

there's no point in training hard and not getting enough calories, you need to eat more if your underweight, that is obvious to anyone, but you dont need to put as much focus on the diet, you will still grow if your eating crap, training is the most important thing for growing.

so if you never gained any weight, you werent eating enough, not that your diet was poor, you can eat whatever you want whilst bulking, therefore diet shouldn't be the focus on a bulk, training should.

Caporegime
Thats just breathtakingly simplistic and or naiive. The combination of the two is critical to either goal.

it's not, you can have a poor diet and grow, like the guy who ate nothing but kfc whilst bulking and his muscles got bigger, sure he put on fat too, but his goal was to increase his muscle mass, therefore training was the major factor.

i said training > all

all means all the other stuff like diet, supplements, etc, i never said they weren't needed but the major factor will be the training all the other stuff will have a smaller effect on building muscle mass.

just like diet is the major factor in losing bodyfat, it doesnt mean you should stop training and just focus on your diet, but diet is the factor which will have the greatest effect. therefore focus on diet.

Associate
it's really not, looks at guy's in prison, all they do is train, zero supplements and cheap food.

but some of them are huge and get that way in a short amount of time, i know one guy who was inside for a couple of years, he went in tiny, he came out deadlifting 200kg+ and swole.

sure he was getting plenty of sleep, but the main factor was his training, that's all he had to look forward to in his day, so he focussed 100% on it.

now he's out in the real world he only goes to the gym once every 2 weeks and he doesn't put even 10% of the effort he did whilst inside and it shows even though his diet is a lot better and he now takes supplements. therefore he was better off when he was training hard and eating crap than now training at his leisure and taking all the good stuff.

theres even another guy who proved this to be true, he managed to get lean, even though he was eating twinkies every day, because the rest of his diet was spot and the twinkies fitted in with his macros, therefore he proved that diet is the most important thing for losing bodyfat.

there's no point in training hard and not getting enough calories, you need to eat more if your underweight, that is obvious to anyone, but you dont need to put as much focus on the diet, you will still grow if your eating crap, training is the most important thing for growing.

so if you never gained any weight, you werent eating enough, not that your diet was poor, you can eat whatever you want whilst bulking, therefore diet shouldn't be the focus on a bulk, training should.

i can quite agree with that actually. Years back..i was bigger and my diet was always low on calories probably, but I trained like hell 4-6 times per week. Now I try eat more healthy good food all the time and still train like ****...and im much the same size...although im probably better shape now...BF/size wise. So..it makes sense maybe for some people. Also think age has a lot to do with it. If your young pretty strong and can train hard...you will gain lots..even with poor diet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Psycho Sonny, while i do generally agree, the examples you give are, a (prison guy): a person who doesn't get "a lot" to eat, but spends probably 95% of his day locked in a room using minimal energy, so can use all the food he does take in to build muscle, and b (kfc guy): a person who eats "bad", but gets plently of the required building blocks for muscle growth even if the food is far from "healthy".

Take some one who's naturally scrawny, does a relatively physically demanding job and give them a very basic intake and they won't grow well even if their training is spot on.

Man of Honour
Pleased how my width is improving since splitting up my back days in to thickness and width days, especially when I'm relaxed

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

And a random one...:p

IMG_2231.jpg

Soldato
I haven't put a photo up for a long time so here's a quick back shot.

Oh yeah, I remember why I never put any photos up, because everything needs work!

14529-rearbiaug14.jpg

Caporegime
Psycho Sonny referred to them as 'un natural supplements' so make of that what you will. It was only Ultra_Extreme who mentioned steroids.

lol what?

i have never really mentioned specific steroids on here i dont think and yes they are "un natural supplements".

no more steroid talk, it's not allowed or else freefaller will start cracking heads, its okay to discuss on certain other forums.

Man of Honour
Skull, being extremely harsh on yourself there, you got some good lines and a decent shape to your back! And those delts! :cool:

I get the feeling you'd have a lot more width too if you got the pose right

Man of Honour

Finally starting to feel like I've cracked it, keeping my training and diet simple rather than over thinking it like I've done in the past and I feel like I'm finally getting the results I want.

Back
Top Bottom