OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Permabanned
Cause my training partner is 68 and its hard to spot someone with that weight at the best of times, only used a bench when there were plenty in the gym.

That sort of weight on a smith is shoulder suicide. Was it just ignorance that made you do that? I mean its pretty common knowledge that you dont go that heavy with a fixed plane of motion, but the fact is most people benching 180kg been at the game long enough to know this.

Man of Honour
Yeah I'm not suggesting you don't train, such talk would be blasphemous :D obviously you need to go slowly and listen to your body

Working on mobility should help with tissue quality improve healing, lessening the pain over time. It's just the kind of stuff a good physio would be doing to you and getting you to do on your own anyway. It's saved my shoulders and allowed me to get to a competitive standard of powerlifting.

Associate
That sort of weight on a smith is shoulder suicide. Was it just ignorance that made you do that? I mean its pretty common knowledge that you dont go that heavy with a fixed plane of motion, but the fact is most people benching 180kg been at the game long enough to know this.

What do you think if you got no spotters do you try somethig else or leave it, did it though necessity and as i said was not all the time. Been as though i was 3rd in the uk for benchpress repetitions 300lb x 15 reps and have benched 523 lb at 19 years old yup i knew what i was doing. At 43 its just harder and more prone to injury as i only started back strenght training 3 years ago (2 with injury).
On top of that at 18 trained and coached at Pete Tansy`s Gym he was Mr Britain and Olympic qualifier and took part in many Body Building and Power lifting shows so ignorance no !!!!!!!!!

Scan_Pic0001.jpg

posted before me 18 years old.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Is there no one else in the gym who can spot you if that's your main reason for using the smith? When I did 160kg I asked some guy who's in the gym often and had no worries about safety.

Permabanned
What do you think if you got no spotters do you try somethig else or leave it, did it though necessity and as i said was not all the time.

As long as you knew what you were doing, great shame though shoulders never really heal. By the way 'ignorance' is not always insulting you dont need to get defensive.

Great physique in those pics, 3rd in the UK on the bench too! good stuff!

Caporegime
But yes, Zulu, get on to Mobilitywod and go through the videos, if anything search for 'Shoulder' and have a watch through, some are helping my shoulder mobility :)

Although I need to get a band :(

Associate
Guys dont forget i had 4 operations and within a week of each one you get intensive physiotherapy at the hospital and have to do shoulder exercise 4 times a day, also i pay for private sports massage, i have sheet after sheet of exercise programs i aint no fool. I was told i would not see any improvement from the last operation for about a year, just was a massive shock to see the difference in that picture. Other than been weak at bench most other exercise routines there is no difference and i fact my strenght is improveing weekly.
I have always trained powerlifting my aim was to lift a natural world record of 200kg at 14.5 stone, got to 180kg with injury. Now im going to do a Bodybuiling routine and drop the weight see if that helps for a while. Have to drop some bodyfat as well lol now 15 stone aim will be around 14 stone.

Caporegime
Guys dont forget i had 4 operations and within a week of each one you get intensive physiotherapy at the hospital and have to do shoulder exercise 4 times a day, also i pay for private sports massage, i have sheet after sheet of exercise programs i aint no fool. I was told i would not see any improvement from the last operation for about a year, just was a massive shock to see the difference in that picture. Other than been weak at bench most other exercise routines there is no difference and i fact my strenght is improveing weekly.
I have always trained powerlifting my aim was to lift a natural world record of 200kg at 14.5 stone, got to 180kg with injury. Now im going to do a Bodybuiling routine and drop the weight see if that helps for a while. Have to drop some bodyfat as well lol now 15 stone aim will be around 14 stone.

Good man :)

I don't think anyone is doubting what you can do / know, just merely giving advice as they don't know the ins and outs of what has been done :)

I hope things keep going on the up matey, just take it easy, as I'm sure you already know

Man of Honour
I wasn't assuming that you didn't know what you are doing, but these injuries are a symptom of bad shoulder health.

Either your internal or external rotation will be very messed up, probably both. A lot of physios simply won't give you the treatment you need. I'm only advising a few easy things you can do on your own, things that I've done for myself and shown others (on here and in the gym) that have resulted in measurable improvement. This stuff on MobilityWod isn't exercises, it's all about joint positioning and tissue health.

Just a suggestion anyway, I know I wouldn't be anywhere near the GBPF record that I'm chasing without this stuff :)

Soldato
Here is my build a few weeks back, Ive had nearly 3 weeks off the gym through a dodgy back and my diet has been a bit poor so I may have lost a little since.

Starting back up again properly this week. Need to restock on supps and eat heavier again.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Weight is around 14stone 7lb and Height is 6ft 3-4.

Associate
I wasn't assuming that you didn't know what you are doing, but these injuries are a symptom of bad shoulder health.

Either your internal or external rotation will be very messed up, probably both. A lot of physios simply won't give you the treatment you need. I'm only advising a few easy things you can do on your own, things that I've done for myself and shown others (on here and in the gym) that have resulted in measurable improvement. This stuff on MobilityWod isn't exercises, it's all about joint positioning and tissue health.

Just a suggestion anyway, I know I wouldn't be anywhere near the GBPF record that I'm chasing without this stuff :)

Cheers will certainly look into it now, just be see a good friend of mine who is a chiropractor, he thinks it is mostly soft tissue damage that is my main problem at the moment he gave me some treatment and more stretching to do, looks like the simplist things are going to be the best.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
...5 minutes smashing a lacrosse ball (or similar) into the front of your shoulders and pec and you'll understand why I'm recommending it...and probably hate me a little ;)

Caporegime
...5 minutes smashing a lacrosse ball (or similar) into the front of your shoulders and pec and you'll understand why I'm recommending it...and probably hate me a little ;)

what do you recommend using?

ive seen some different lacrosse balls and some are like £2 each and some are like £30 each.

fancy looking on ebay for me?

Permabanned
Anybody have a clue what body fat % I am

187lbs
5 foot 7

ZIb5q.png
0AhCv.png

Feeling strongest in all my life, body feels so strong but still have a high level of fat, some days I am like, smashed it feels good, then some days I think what a fat ****, I am!

I know its working sometimes I feel like giving up, September I am going all out.

Dont know what to do, disregard weights and acquire cardio/HIIT?

I don't think my build helps, I look at some people that are my height and weigh less and they lot a lot smaller in terms of build, I must have a decent body under that fat!

I know its working, I can see the results and feel them, maybe I am in limbo, wanting to stop because I feel fitter and healthier and look better but want the next level. Fact is only I can answer that. :(

Permabanned
Mid to low 20's id say cheets higher end Probs but hard to judge won't be under that but you have pretty even distribution. Blessing and a curse you'll look less fat at higher bf but takes ages to get ripped.

Diet really hard I'm into teens bodyfat now and it feels so much more rewarding than just being 'big' I shoulda put more effort into it before now turns out when you cut your caps way down you actually don't shriveled up and dissappear into nothing! Honest!

Permabanned
I would say I am low 20s when I was 11lbs heavier I was 25% body fat, that was in March, do you bicycle? I am just going to risk losing muscle via cardio and diet, hate going to the gym, weights, need protein, go for a cycle/run need carbs. so hungry, cant win, stuck in a sticky wicket.

Caporegime
I would say I am low 20s when I was 11lbs heavier I was 25% body fat, that was in March, do you bicycle? I am just going to risk losing muscle via cardio and diet, hate going to the gym, weights, need protein, go for a cycle/run need carbs. so hungry, cant win, stuck in a sticky wicket.

your arms look roughly the same size as your legs, i would get squatting if i was you. your legs have the biggest muscles on your body and therefore burn the most calories when you work them and when they are bigger, so you should lose weight whilst you work them hard and when they get bigger they should also help you lose weight whilst you maintain.

Permabanned
your arms look roughly the same size as your legs, i would get squatting if i was you. your legs have the biggest muscles on your body and therefore burn the most calories when you work them and when they are bigger, so you should lose weight whilst you work them hard and when they get bigger they should also help you lose weight whilst you maintain.

arms same size as my legs?

My legs are 24 inch, bi ceps 14 inch currently, I really need a mate/spotter in a gym, working the sqaut rack is tiresome, someday...:(

Permabanned
Cheets seriously forget muscle completely. Get the weight off and keep lifting. Over the last 3 months I've been averaging 1800 calories per day cycling my carbs. I'm still hitting same lifts I've even gone up in some. I'm 225lbs and 18% right now and I look so much better for it. Trust me diet hard you won't lose muscle!

Back
Top Bottom