OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Permabanned
I have never eaten meat in my life. It probably shows, I'm 5'5 and hovering around the 8 stone mark :o

But when I start a proper bulk, I will post it on here, my goals will be to get big, and prove that it's possible on a veggie diet.

please do, presumably your of erm asian (indian?) descent (based on your cricket sig lol) you chaps have it tough at the best of times, very hard gainers and diet issues do not help.

Delvis - yeah he's improved im not denying that but he needs to shed quite a bit of BF to get what he wants, adding muscle wont help half as much.

Caporegime
HIIT is great, very good for weight loss, still need diet to be in check and also being more consistant

Well yes naturally, however I wouldn't recommend a training program to someone if they didn't have a clue what they was doing, cheets does have an idea.

Anyway, even if he kept on eating / drinking what he does now, he should lose weight, unless he is eating THAT much to negate the cardio

I quite like UE's to the point contributions :)

Oh I know, nout wrong with them half the time :p

Like his 'delvis, EAT MORE"!!!11!!' comment to me a while back, yes, entirely true, and I am now ;)

Caporegime
I have never eaten meat in my life. It probably shows, I'm 5'5 and hovering around the 8 stone mark :o

But when I start a proper bulk, I will post it on here, my goals will be to get big, and prove that it's possible on a veggie diet.

There you go, Bill Pearl

billonpier.jpg

Unless I am mistaken entirely

Soldato
please do, presumably your of erm asian (indian?) descent (based on your cricket sig lol) you chaps have it tough at the best of times, very hard gainers and diet issues do not help.

I know, genes are my biggest obstacle really. It seems all Indians are ridiculously fat without any muscle at all :p

It's going to happen though, I am able to control my bf quite well, so it's just about getting BIG.

Caporegime
I know, genes are my biggest obstacle really. It seems all Indians are ridiculously fat without any muscle at all :p

It's going to happen though, I am able to control my bf quite well, so it's just about getting BIG.

the whole genes thing is a bit of a myth i think, i know plenty of jacked indian guys, it's mainly down to diet and indians have bad diets or if you live in india the quality of the water and food and disease, etc is rife due to huge amounts of poverty and poor infrastructure.

for instance im roughly 6 foot, yet most of my indian mates are taller than me, in my close group of 5 mates, only 1 of them is smaller than me.

we are sikh, punjabi and jatts, but are 3rd generation here in the UK. when i used to go to a commercial gym there were plenty of pakistani and indians who were jacked and others who werent, its clear the guys who were knew what they were doing and the others didnt.

Soldato
thats what it looks like from the pictures, take a look yourself.

my legs look twice the size of my arms and i hold all of my fat on my upper body, so my legs are lean and arms are fat, but still my legs looks twice the size.

His legs dont look particularly small? His arms look like theyre carrying more fat comparitavely though.

This.

Man of Honour

Me to, as nice as it is to have people complement you it's much more productive in the long run to have someone picking up on your bad points and telling it how it is.
Although it is something that will understandably get peoples backs up if they don't see it for what it is, which is constructive criticism.
Take me for example while I've made massive improvements from where I started I'll be the first one looking at my pics and thinking yea I'm leaner and stronger but I'm still a fat **** and that is sometimes what's needed.

Soldato
the whole genes thing is a bit of a myth i think, i know plenty of jacked indian guys, it's mainly down to diet and indians have bad diets or if you live in india the quality of the water and food and disease, etc is rife due to huge amounts of poverty and poor infrastructure.

for instance im roughly 6 foot, yet most of my indian mates are taller than me, in my close group of 5 mates, only 1 of them is smaller than me.

we are sikh, punjabi and jatts, but are 3rd generation here in the UK. when i used to go to a commercial gym there were plenty of pakistani and indians who were jacked and others who werent, its clear the guys who were knew what they were doing and the others didnt.

Sikhs tend to be pretty big anyway though. I suppose you're right. All of your mates might be tall, but in my family, we're shrinking. I'm shorter than my dad who is shorter than his dad, I reckon my grandson might be under 5 feet :D

I really do think that genetics will play a role. But I also think that I can make this happen through hardwork and careful planning.

Caporegime
Sikhs tend to be pretty big anyway though. I suppose you're right. All of your mates might be tall, but in my family, we're shrinking. I'm shorter than my dad who is shorter than his dad, I reckon my grandson might be under 5 feet :D

I really do think that genetics will play a role. But I also think that I can make this happen through hardwork and careful planning.

something has went wrong if your smaller than your dad and he is smaller than your grandad.

how is your mum's side of the family and your grandad's wife's side of the family.

yeah genetics will play a role, but usually strongest genes win when they are passed down, sometimes they dont but it is rare.

also 1 of a million different influences on your childhood could have caused it, poor diet, not eating enough, not sleeping enough, etc.

will be hard to nail down exactly what the root cause is.

i know some really small sikhs too, every race has tall and small people, for instance i employed 2 south indians from kerala one of them must have been 6'4 the other 6'8, they weren't related or anything either and had lived and been brought up in india there whole lives and had recently moved to UK, both of them were like late twenties too, so they did all their growing in india against all the odds.

Soldato
something has went wrong if your smaller than your dad and he is smaller than your grandad.

how is your mum's side of the family and your grandad's wife's side of the family.

Haha, my mum's side they're all around 5'10 :p

My grandmother's side was pretty tall too. It's just me and my dad mainly.

It's weird, I'm 17 so I can't have finished growing. But I've had my height properly checked, and it was 5'5 both times, there was a period of around 8 months between those two checks as well :confused:

Height is not what I'm concerned about, it's getting HUGE which is important to me :D

Caporegime
Haha, my mum's side they're all around 5'10 :p

My grandmother's side was pretty tall too. It's just me and my dad mainly.

It's weird, I'm 17 so I can't have finished growing. But I've had my height properly checked, and it was 5'5 both times, there was a period of around 8 months between those two checks as well :confused:

Height is not what I'm concerned about, it's getting HUGE which is important to me :D

Meh, people have random growth spurts, it may come yet

Permabanned
You Indian/Asian chaps have a lot to prove, i dont think we've had a decent colored lifter in here as yet, usually just constant moaning about diet and ramadan etc (apologies for cultural/religeous ignorances im probably displaying).

Be great to see someone crack it, i know a few ripped indian lads locally (i live in west wales we have about 7 total and 2 of them might actually be turkish!!) but no 'big' ones.

Psycho Sonny - Im not saying you CANT be a successful veggie bodybuilder, hell im sure i built tons of mass on only shakes in my early days, im just saying its very very hard and most wont succeed, you point to monsters like dalip singh who is hardly of standard indian genes and will hardly be natural, or if he is it will be due to freak hormone imbalances. Everyone in the other links is the exception, hyper dedicated individuals who would succeed no matter what, plus you never know about whether Mr H.P.O Dermic is giving them a hand, no meat in those that im aware of.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You Indian/Asian chaps have a lot to prove, i dont think we've had a decent colored lifter in here as yet, usually just constant moaning about diet and ramadan etc (apologies for cultural/religeous ignorances im probably displaying).

Be great to see someone crack it, i know a few ripped indian lads locally (i live in west wales we have about 7 total and 2 of them might actually be turkish!!) but no 'big' ones.

Psycho Sonny - Im not saying you CANT be a successful veggie bodybuilder, hell im sure i built tons of mass on only shakes in my early days, im just saying its very very hard and most wont succeed, you point to monsters like dalip singh who is hardly of standard indian genes and will hardly be natural, or if he is it will be due to freak hormone imbalances. Everyone in the other links is the exception, hyper dedicated individuals who would succeed no matter what, plus you never know about whether Mr H.P.O Dermic is giving them a hand, no meat in those that im aware of.

i think we should acquaint you with darkshadow then, he has some impressive stats and posts on here

Back
Top Bottom