OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
I would say I am low 20s when I was 11lbs heavier I was 25% body fat, that was in March, do you bicycle? I am just going to risk losing muscle via cardio and diet, hate going to the gym, weights, need protein, go for a cycle/run need carbs. so hungry, cant win, stuck in a sticky wicket.

Do weights + diet to lose fat. Dont just stop doing weights lol. Also if you've been doing it this long try up the intensity of your weight training.

Soldato
I think Cheets' biggest issue is his willpower, he openly admits that every weekend he'll go out drinking pint after pint of lager, I'm guessing pub food as well be it crisps or whatever. He needs to have the willpower to cut down on these things before he can start to make serious gains (or losses) on losing weight :)

Soldato
I think living that kind of lifestyle is a hell of a lot easier once you're put on a good amount of lean mass. I think if you're just starting out, it's counter-productive.

Can't remember if you've ever posted pics off the top of my head Craig (as in, I can't remember - not if you've posed whilst stood on my head!), but I imagine you've been doing this for some time? :)

Caporegime
Looking good though cheets...So you said you don't like going to the gym? Any reason? Or is it the time it takes?

Personally, up your cardio, if anything, do some HIIT for a few weeks on your off days to see how things go. Go to a random green, warm up for 2 mins with a light jog and stretches, then burst out as fast as you can for 30 seconds, rest for a minute or two, then repeat a few times. See how things go, it's something I'd like to do, however I'm concentrating on getting some mass on to me for the time being running screws my legs up.

Keep posting updates though dude :)

EDIT:

I kinda do similar, but keep diet in check the rest of the week. Being 5'7 can't help.

I guess, Luckily I hardly drink now (Don't have the money!) However I'm 6ft, maybe 6ft1 or something, luckily there isn't too much fat on me, however the fat I have isn't proportioned over my body, it's either round my gut or on the inside of my thighs :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't remember if you've ever posted pics off the top of my head Craig (as in, I can't remember - not if you've posed whilst stood on my head!), but I imagine you've been doing this for some time? :)

Have prior posted pics, been training for a while and currently wanting to cut down a bit but not too bothered. Currently prob sitting ~15% bodyfat without too much effort (lots of nights out at weekend etc).

There's nothing wrong with being a short arse :D

Well it means you tend to look stockier, but can eat less :p

Permabanned
Looking good though cheets...

Keep posting updates though dude :)

no no no lets not get into the habit of further fuelling dismorphea in here. Cheets is running a high bodyfat for a weight lifter but isnt all that big for it, there are thousands upon thousands of cheets' (i have been there myself) who never get THAT big but never get slimmed down either.

He needs to find direction and sort things out. He has an 'ok' amount of muscle and an 'ok' bodyfat by everyman standards but he has at least 4-6 months of quite hard dieting to get anywhere near a good bodyfat level.

I dont feel its beneficial to anyone to be unrealistic about their current shape, i have to constantly reality check as a 'bigger' guy and it doesnt help when people downplay your glaring shortcomings.

Caporegime
no no no lets not get into the habit of further fuelling dismorphea in here. Cheets is running a high bodyfat for a weight lifter but isnt all that big for it, there are thousands upon thousands of cheets' (i have been there myself) who never get THAT big but never get slimmed down either.

He needs to find direction and sort things out. He has an 'ok' amount of muscle and an 'ok' bodyfat by everyman standards but he has at least 4-6 months of quite hard dieting to get anywhere near a good bodyfat level.

I dont feel its beneficial to anyone to be unrealistic about their current shape, i have to constantly reality check as a 'bigger' guy and it doesnt help when people downplay your glaring shortcomings.

What? You know what, i've been a pretty large lad as well in the past, and then guess what? I got all mental and decided to diet like a mofo, I lost too much weight, I got too skinny. I'm now in the process of lean bulking hopefully as opposed to just wacking on weight then cutting (I've never liked the idea of cutting and bulking as i'm way too self contious even with a misses)

He wants to lose BF, so I have given him an option to try, then to post up some results when he see's fit, be it two months or a year, entirely up to him. If he posts pictires, he may just get motivated and want to carry on. He is being realistic, and he has said what he wants to change...?

:p

Caporegime
arms same size as my legs?

My legs are 24 inch, bi ceps 14 inch currently, I really need a mate/spotter in a gym, working the sqaut rack is tiresome, someday...:(

thats what it looks like from the pictures, take a look yourself.

my legs look twice the size of my arms and i hold all of my fat on my upper body, so my legs are lean and arms are fat, but still my legs looks twice the size.

im in the same boat as you though, need to lose bodyfat, losing bodyfat will instantly make all your muscles look bigger.

e.g. someone with 15 inch biceps and 15% bodyfat will look bigger than someone with 17 inch biceps and 25% bodyfat even though their biceps are a lot smaller. because they will be a lot more sculpted and cut.

i saw a guy the other day showing off what looked like 12 inch biceps, but they looked good because he was like 12% bodyfat, i laughed inside because he thought his muscles were big, they weren't they just appeared big because the rest of him was so small.

Permabanned
He is being realistic, and he has said what he wants to change...?

:p

He isnt m8, he is doing what we all do, seeing improvements (size) and chasing those. He is irrationally worried about losing muscle (i have DEFINITELY been there) and underestimating his BF. When he is looking in the mirror, he says himself, sometimes he thinks "what a fat git", that is more the reality.

Cheets, dont take any of this the wrong way, i urge you to work as hard as you can to get bodyfat down, if you do you will thank me i promise.

Caporegime

you seem to just come on here and bash everybody, any chance of having something positive to go with the negative?

for instance you basically called zuludawn a retard, even though you knew nothing about him, the guy has competed i think in the past, and benched 180kg, etc, he is a lot older now and may not look as impressive as he did in his hey day but have you seen arnie recently? zulu in his current shape looks better than arnie in his current shape.

it's okay to be realistic, but you dont need to lay into everyone, we are all here to learn, for instance you know nothing about me, but got all ****y when i mentioned i had to eat veggie for 3/4 days. i know there are plenty of veggie stuff which has protein in it, but unfortunately the people who done all of the cooking where not nutrition experts or bodybuilders, so the food they made had very little protein in it.

i have explained this to my fiancee that i need to be eating lentils and chickpeas, etc instead of potatoes. i didnt really need any of your input, i have been doing this for a while now, have over £4k worth of gym equipment in my home and read up on nutrition and bodybuilding on a daily basis.

im basing this not on how you have responded to my posts but several other peoples posts too, delvis, cheets, zuludawn, etc.

im a straight talking guy, but i dont intentionally go out and bash people.

Permabanned
you seem to just come on here and bash everybody, any chance of having something positive to go with the negative?
Im afraid most people are here looking for attention and compliments, i will give it where its due but nowhere else, i call it integrity but call it what you like.

for instance you basically called zuludawn a retard, even though you knew nothing about him, the guy has competed i think in the past, and benched 180kg, etc, he is a lot older now and may not look as impressive as he did in his hey day but have you seen arnie recently? zulu in his current shape looks better than arnie in his current shape.

no i didnt i asked if he was ignorant or not, you seem to lack proper understanding of the word. If you are ignorant of the implications of an action then you have failed to properly research the action you are undertaking. He clearly answered that he was not ignorant of the potential risk. This is an important distinction, also at that time i was not aware of his lifting past which is VERY impressive.

it's okay to be realistic, but you dont need to lay into everyone, we are all here to learn, for instance you know nothing about me, but got all ****y when i mentioned i had to eat veggie for 3/4 days. i know there are plenty of veggie stuff which has protein in it, but unfortunately the people who done all of the cooking where not nutrition experts or bodybuilders, so the food they made had very little protein in it.
im unashamedly carnivorous. You will struggle to get big and lean eating vegie, however PLEASE prove me wrong! I love nothing more than someone showing me where my preconceptions are misguided, but most of the time people just 'tell' me im wrong without showing anything.

i have explained this to my fiancee that i need to be eating lentils and chickpeas, etc instead of potatoes. i didnt really need any of your input, i have been doing this for a while now, have over £4k worth of gym equipment in my home and read up on nutrition and bodybuilding on a daily basis.

The flippant remark about your finacee was clearly a joke and people found it humerous. If you were offended then so be it but i'll never apologise for a joke.

im basing this not on how you have responded to my posts but several other peoples posts too, delvis, cheets, zuludawn, etc.

im a straight talking guy, but i dont intentionally go out and bash people.

Ive said it before im jaded, sure, but there is so much crap flung around in bodybuilding forums chats and threads that I flat out REFUSE to add to it. I will tell it how it is, if someone is upset then chances are what i have said is ringing true even if they refuse to acknowledge it.

You come onto a bodybuilding thread and post pics at >20% BF do you really expect to be told your doing well? Or posting a 2400 calorie bulking diet and being told thats adequate? Or saying you messed your shoulder up doing something that i would flat out smack someone for considering?

What exactly was i supposed to say?

Caporegime
He isnt m8, he is doing what we all do, seeing improvements (size) and chasing those. He is irrationally worried about losing muscle (i have DEFINITELY been there) and underestimating his BF. When he is looking in the mirror, he says himself, sometimes he thinks "what a fat git", that is more the reality.

Cheets, dont take any of this the wrong way, i urge you to work as hard as you can to get bodyfat down, if you do you will thank me i promise.

Soooo HIIT like I said then? :p

It will burn fat while you are sitting on your behind, and will constantly burn fat regardless of how fit you get due to the nature of the workout

Soldato
im unashamedly carnivorous. You will struggle to get big and lean eating vegie, however PLEASE prove me wrong! I love nothing more than someone showing me where my preconceptions are misguided, but most of the time people just 'tell' me im wrong without showing anything.

I have never eaten meat in my life. It probably shows, I'm 5'5 and hovering around the 8 stone mark :o

But when I start a proper bulk, I will post it on here, my goals will be to get big, and prove that it's possible on a veggie diet.

Caporegime
You come onto a bodybuilding thread and post pics at >20% BF do you really expect to be told your doing well? Or posting a 2400 calorie bulking diet and being told thats adequate? Or saying you messed your shoulder up doing something that i would flat out smack someone for considering?

What exactly was i supposed to say?

Far as I am aware, cheets has changed somewhat from his original pics:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19531449&postcount=5007
(Cheets, if you want me to remove the pic just ask)

I'd say he has improved since he started, granted, BF hasn't changed loads, but unless you get the balance right it won't and the balance is damn hard, especially if you want to do a lean bulk.

Back
Top Bottom