OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Caporegime
in my book that makes more sense than someone benching 80 but squatting 180

Why is that weird though? Your legs are stronger than your chest after all?

lol

i'll make a video of my lift's and link delvis to them, if he verify's them will that make you believe them?

ratio's? lol, you honestly think everyone on the planet has to adhere to ratios? you do know there are people who are the exception to the rules?

By all means dude :)

Be nice to see someone elses form as well

Man of Honour
lifting is the last thing you should be worried about, just trying to be realistic but you live in a **** hole, you need to get a better job and save up to put down a deposit on a decent home, otherwise your going to end up living in a **** hole for the rest of your life, hope you can prove me wrong and buy a £500K home in 1 years time ;) :D
That's hardly the same thing, all UE is saying that people need to decide to do things properly to meet their goals. I've not seen him berate someone for their current situation.

I understand exactly where the attitude comes from, and I kind of see things the same way. Frequently when I've pointed out that people are doing exercises either dangerously or incorrectly for sensible progression (either in my small powerlifting gym or at uni) the subtext of their response is that they were happier not knowing the truth so they could delude themselves. Almost everyone that I know who has been in this game for a while and has a good technical knowledge has basically given up trying to help people because of this. People seem to attach far too much ego to the way they do things, forgetting that really it would be best just to do what's effective.

I'm not defending UE, I'm sure he can look after himself, I'm just saying that people shouldn't really be surprised to get responses like his when doing an activity that requires huge amounts of dedication for those who take it seriously.

Besides, anyone who wants to can sling any criticism they want his way when he posts the pictures he's said are coming ;)

Lets call this a day chaps :)

Man of Honour
in my book that makes more sense than someone benching 80 but squatting 180
I agree, it is very unusual to see someone with a deadlift much smaller than their squat who isn't lifting equipped. But to be clear I'm not saying anyone is lying.

Lie your situation is explained by you being a bench boy ;)

Permabanned
Why is that weird though? Your legs are stronger than your chest after all?

Dont you see? Thats whats wrong with it, you SHOULD have those sort of ratios if you are a good lifter and by good lifter i mean someone easily in the 1000lbs club.

People who bench 80kg do not yet have anything like the CNS ability or basic muscular structure to pull those ratios.

My current pupils, one of whom is 230lbs at 35% bf and the other who is 168lbs at about 16% bf and are both first year lifters have the following

bench/dead/squat

230 lb man a) 72kg/130kg/110kg (5 rms)
168lb man b) 90kg/180kg/125kg (5rms)

Me (225lbs 18%bf 3 years training) 145kg/240kg/160kg (2rm)

At lower non professional levels of lifting this is more realistic

and yes.....my squat sucks!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Dont you see? Thats whats wrong with it, you SHOULD have those sort of ratios if you are a good lifter and by good lifter i mean someone easily in the 1000lbs club.

People who bench 80kg do not yet have anything like the CNS ability or basic muscular structure to pull those ratios.

My current pupils, one of whom is 230lbs at 35% bf and the other who is 168lbs at about 16% bf and are both first year lifters have the following

bench/dead/squat

230 lb man a) 72kg/130kg/110kg (5 rms)
168lb man b) 90kg/180kg/125kg (5rms)

Me (225lbs 18%bf 3 years training) 145kg/240kg/160kg (2rm)

At lower non professional levels of lifting this is more realistic

Fair do's I guess...

I mean, I'm currently: 52.5kg / 92.5kg / 75kg, which is nothing in comparison, but I was just saying why would it be odd for someone to have a stronger Squat than a bench? Even if it is a big margin, he may just have a decent leg routine over his upper body routine therefore has gained more in that area...That or his core is ridiculously amazing :p

Permabanned
Fair do's I guess...

I mean, I'm currently: 52.5kg / 92.5kg / 75kg, which is nothing in comparison, but I was just saying why would it be odd for someone to have a stronger Squat than a bench? Even if it is a big margin, he may just have a decent leg routine over his upper body routine therefore has gained more in that area...That or his core is ridiculously amazing :p

Your ability to activate large muscles and lots of muscles at once requires significant neural conditioning, the time it takes to build this up, and the effort required is vast. Very few lifters can imbalance this significantly even by heavily training a specific bodypart. Simply put however strong you are when you start lifting 150kg+ in any discipline you are a different aniimal to those that bench 80kg even for reps.

Its very unlikely is all, far more likely he looked up a pro lifters numbers and scaled them back

Caporegime
Your ability to activate large muscles and lots of muscles at once requires significant neural conditioning, the time it takes to build this up, and the effort required is vast. Very few lifters can imbalance this significantly even by heavily training a specific bodypart. Simply put however strong you are when you start lifting 150kg+ in any discipline you are a different aniimal to those that bench 80kg even for reps.

Its very unlikely is all, far more likely he looked up a pro lifters numbers and scaled them back

That may be true, however he is going to be sending a video to someone...And maybe me, so hopefully he isn't lying as that would be odd...

Nothing to gain from lying on here really, I could stick at the weights im at now and probably get quite a nice physique, but hey, that would be boring

Man of Honour

Yes, and even more basically strong legs from squatting = a big deadlift.

The majority of the limiting factors for deadlift are tackled by squatting. For example I've not deadlifted conventionally in weeks but I'm planning on a PB shortly.

Soldato
My arms are my weakest just used then as an example a 630lb squat for 3 reps is my claim to fame as well as a 523 bench, got no beef with you and i hear what you saying just go easy on peeps, the truth never hurt anyone but it can give self esteem a good bashing. Bodybuilding aint the easiest of sports its one part gym to 3 parts diet etc

Very impressive lifts there zuludawn :cool:. I've read about your shoulder injury on here a while ago scary stuff. I haven't lifted for a while now so lost a fair bit of my mass which isn't a bad thing as I want to shrink. At one point I'd have aspired to lift as good as you but lost the heart for it in the end and training without a spotter for max reps is tough let alone dangerous.

The last big lift I attempted was so long ago now, I attempted to better my deadlift of 220 kilos, if only I attempted 250 kilos I would have had it in the bag :rolleyes: but instead I got greedy and foolishly went for 270 kilos and failed on both attempts. The first attempt I got the bar well above my knees but failed to lock out 100%, so I didn't count it and the second attempt I barely got it above my kness and thats really the straw that broke the camals back so to speak.

Associate
Firstly you are pretty much nowhere m8, you need to pick a direction right now. You are mr average physique, you must either bulk or cut, either will make improvement, but whatever you are doing is not working.

Your supplements are crap.

Now that we have got this out of the way and your probably all annoyed at me, how can we sort this out? Because a mohican by itself aint gonna do squat. Actually lets start there, the squat. You probably dont do that yet so lets see what your leg day looks like shirley and once we get that as a base we can move on to the biceps, delts, back, chest and all the other muscles you want.

Seriously start here and you might get somewhere, otherwise make a snarkey post back to me and stay right where you are now.

Your call

get laid much? but seriously, nice manners.... i could lower to your attitude level, maybe its the testerone idk, i wont judge as i never said i was anything other than injured and out of shape.

but thanks for the funny lil story. You dont know me, i dont know you.....ill leave it at that, ill get rid of my manly hormones on my wife. i dont need or wanna have a keyboard pee'ing contest.

oh and the haircut was for fun....nothin wrong with some humour, you should try it.

Permabanned
get laid much? but seriously, nice manners.... i could lower to your attitude level, maybe its the testerone idk, i wont judge as i never said i was anything other than injured and out of shape.

but thanks for the funny lil story. You dont know me, i dont know you.....ill leave it at that, ill get rid of my manly hormones on my wife. i dont need or wanna have a keyboard pee'ing contest.

oh and the haircut was for fun....nothin wrong with some humour, you should try it.

Well there you go, gave you a shot. Best of luck m8.

Permabanned
to be fair haddows101 is new and should be cut some slack on his posting, a lot of threads in this section, it takes time to get to know people on a forum and where to post!

like I said I welcome criticism because the only people that see my body that know about this stuff is in the changing room or on a forum, looking in the mirror is not ideal, I feel good, feel strong, clothes fit great so just keep doing what I am doing but more dedication!

Man of Honour
I like UEs posting style. It may seem harsh but someone being brutally honest about you and really telling you like it is., is one of the best things someone can do for you in this sport

It's all too easy to coast and think you're doing enough and growing all the time because your nan says you're getting too big or your work colleagues all say how massive you are. But the best advice comes from those who do it and have done it for years and know that actually, you aren't massive and there's a lot you need to do. I've had some very harsh criticism from Rob and a few people who compete, but the aren't doing it to be harsh, they're doing it to help me out.

You need to know your faults and weaknesses in this game to know how to progress, if people just told you you were great and look huge all the time you'd just keep doing what you've always done and never make the gains you are capable of

Back
Top Bottom