OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
Skillmister, do you have short bicep insertions?

If so, unfortunately your arms will never look that great unflexed, especially in T-Shirts. I'm hugely jealous of people with decent bicep insertions as even if they don't workout they still have decent look arms.

But the benefit of it is that you more often than not have more impressive peaks to your biceps

Man of Honour
Yep, same buddy, Iknowthatfeel.jpg

You can help that look though, improving forearms and working a full range of motion on bicep exercises to completely stretch the muscle. It won't change the insertion position, but it will make sure you're getting the maximum development of that muscle.

Man of Honour
Just looked at your picture properly Skillmister, couldn't earlier as I was at work, and they don't it's no homo

But I have to say, you have a fantastic shape to you already, you appear to have 'dem genetics' in terms of your structure, and the basic lines are there already. Your back is definitely a strong point for you, so blast it in training and you will look brilliant in a year or two. Plus your shoulders are looking good already too

Awesome job mate, keep it up

Soldato
Thank you :D I was pretty surprised with my gains, ~15kg in 8 months or so with a pretty sketchy diet at times. Not expecting that much this time around but you never know especially if i nail everything. As you say, lets build a ******* house!

Soldato
Myself, bulking now after cutting over spring and summer, sorry about the quality, taken on my mobile.

DSC001512.jpg

Soldato
Delvis Id say my build wasnt far off yours a year or so ago. You need to consciously eat as much as possible. Its hard but it pays off. I never gained a lot of fat but I filled out and my confidence went up a lot.

I posted my pic a few pages back, Im not buff or anything but I feel better about myself with some weight on.

Oats, whey.. maybe some creatine, and maybe Stronglift 5x5 will help you fill out.

Caporegime
Still on my summer bulk and currently 3lbs shy of my target of 18 stone. My weight's only increased by 4lbs since I posted in June but I look a little leaner than I did back then so it's going well. Winter bulk and some new PBs to come over the next 6 months then I'll cut down to 16 stone or less for next summer.

Caporegime
Delvis Id say my build wasnt far off yours a year or so ago. You need to consciously eat as much as possible. Its hard but it pays off. I never gained a lot of fat but I filled out and my confidence went up a lot.

I posted my pic a few pages back, Im not buff or anything but I feel better about myself with some weight on.

Oats, whey.. maybe some creatine, and maybe Stronglift 5x5 will help you fill out.

Thanks for the advice, I am trying honest :p I eat porridge every morning now, although struggling to make it taste nice after 500 bowls :o

But yeah, never tried creatine yet, heard mixed views on it, currently having whey every day just for the extra cals and protein.

My issue is I gain fat in areas that show the most, if it distributed itself more I wouldn't mind, but noooooooooo....

Soldato
If you work hard enough, lift good compound exercises and eat whenever you can your body will catch up with the fat bits. Ive never had definition in my stomach since I was 17 but when your chest, back and shoulders thicken you look more balanced.

I don't normally harp on about supplements but ive been using an all in one which has around 5-600 calories a shake and it has creatine and necessary vitamins etc which makes the value quite reasonable. Two shakes a day for a month ontop of your diet and I would expect 2lb a week with gym use.

Caporegime
If you work hard enough, lift good compound exercises and eat whenever you can your body will catch up with the fat bits. Ive never had definition in my stomach since I was 17 but when your chest, back and shoulders thicken you look more balanced.

I don't normally harp on about supplements but ive been using an all in one which has around 5-600 calories a shake and it has creatine and necessary vitamins etc which makes the value quite reasonable. Two shakes a day for a month ontop of your diet and I would expect 2lb a week with gym use.

Cool :)

Any links? So I can look it up

Soldato
Caporegime
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sci-MX-Om...Vitamins_Supplements&var=&hash=item6b1b801c03

That's what I buy. Works out about £3 a day I guess. For its content it doesn't work out too much worse than what I would spend on tuna etc. Convenience and taste had been a big help. Been the most effective supplement to my diet, I've tried myprotein all in ones and cyclone which is far worse value.

just been reading threads of that on bb.com and they arent very good

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128458121&highlight=Sci-MX+Omni-MX+Hardcore

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134004621&highlight=Sci-MX+Omni-MX+Hardcore

basically it's a UK company only selling to the UK market so they dont know anything about it over there, they use Soy as a source of protein which is supposedly not very good and i looked at the ingredients list and yes soy isolate is in there.

do you have any UK threads to look at for reviews?

i personally would rather go for a well known product such as gaspari/phd for an all in one type shake.

also £50 for 28 servings is basically £2 a serving, wouldn't real food be a better deal?

Soldato
Cool :)

Any links? So I can look it up

I keep my supplements relatively cheap and simple. Like anyone else will tell you; It's the food that counts after all. For me it's:

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/instant_oats
+
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/impact_whey_protein
or
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/impact_whey_isolate

Creatine I am dubious of. It's just a personal thing as I found certain brands didn't agree with my stomach and too much can put strain on your kidneys IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom