OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Caporegime
I keep my supplements relatively cheap and simple. Like anyone else will tell you; It's the food that counts after all. For me it's:

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/instant_oats
+
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/impact_whey_protein
or
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/impact_whey_isolate

Creatine I am dubious of. It's just a personal thing as I found certain brands didn't agree with my stomach and too much can put strain on your kidneys IIRC.

you need to be seriously overdosing for it to effect your kidneys. stick to the guidelines on the package and you will be fine.

it's also been scientifically proven to work, unlike 99% of supplements.

solid cheap stack you got there none the less, maybe try adding some fish oils or omega 3-6-9's into the mix, they are relatively cheap and are very beneficial. good for your heart, brain and testosterone. unless of course you already eat oily fish on a daily basis.

Permabanned
Ta, will see what funds can provide, poor this month :(

seriously if you cant gain muscle on the cheapest bulk protein then it isnt the protein that is wrong.

The absolute worst thing you can do on a tight budget is buy some overpriced shiny branded tub of what is basically magic bean powder. Nothing wrong with them but nothing particularly right either.

You will not take enough of it as you will worry about the cost. I just dont see the sense.

EDIT i see some of the proposed stuff is the my protein bulk, thats the best bang for buck its all ive ever used and im basically mike mentzer lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't read its contents too anally. I don't care what source the protein comes from I just care about it putting weight on me, and its worked :).

I eat full food meals 3-4 times a day and between I'll snack on convenience due to work. 2 quid would barely pay for a tin of tuna and some bread or peanut butter each snack time. A shake offers 500+ calories creatine, 45g of protein and whatever else they chuck in.

Find me all in ones with the same content for a hardgainer like me please psycho sonny if there is cheaper better out there .

Caporegime
I don't read its contents too anally. I don't care what source the protein comes from I just care about it putting weight on me, and its worked :).

I eat full food meals 3-4 times a day and between I'll snack on convenience due to work. 2 quid would barely pay for a tin of tuna and some bread or peanut butter each snack time. A shake offers 500+ calories creatine, 45g of protein and whatever else they chuck in.

Find me all in ones with the same content for a hardgainer like me please psycho sonny if there is cheaper better out there .

http://monstersupplements.com/store...-2kg-and-FREE-Blender-Cup-with-wire-ball.html

£1.33 a serving, goes down in price the more you buy.

i managed to get 2 tubs for £55 from h and b dont know if that sale is still on, buy 1 for full price the 2nd for 1p take a look. so that works out at 90p per serving, less than half what you pay.

not exactly the same amount of protein, etc, but out of that 45g you take, a lot of it will be wasted, your body can only absorb so much in one go, the rest will be used as energy, etc.

look at the profile of synergy is7, it has a lot of high quality ingredients in it.

or if you dont want to go down the branded route and get something for even cheaper take a look at bulk powders, my protein, etc.

also i think my cans of tuna cost less than 50p, my loaves of bread probably £1 and my peanut butter is £1.50 a jar. there is no way your £2 shake is cheaper. out of 1 jar of peanut butter i could probably make 5+ sandwiches.

extra info on synergy

Nutritional Breakdown for: PhD Nutrition Synergy Iso 7 - 2kg and FREE Blender Cup with wire ball
Protein 37G
carbs 18G
Fat 3.9G
Fibre 3.6G
Muscle-volumising matrix 6.5G
Micronised Creatine 2.6G
Micronised L-Glutamine 2.6G
Micronised Taurine 1.3G
Methyl-T3- Strength Stack 330MG
5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone 50MG
Magensium 265MG
Zinc 15MG
Vitamin B6 0.7MG
Electrolyte replenishing system 595MG
Potassium 333MG Calcium 192MG
Sodium 70MG
Micronutrient blend 181.3MG
Phosphorus 140MG
Vitamin-C 40MG
Vitamin E 1.3MG
Values based on Chocolate cookie flavour, other flavours may vary slightly.
Ingredients: PhD Nutrition Synergy Iso 7 - 2kg and FREE Blender Cup with wire ball
PhD Synergistic Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate , Whey Protein Isolate) , PhD Muscle Volumising matrix (Micronised Creatine Monohydrate, Micronised L-Glutamine, Taurine), Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Dietary Fibres (Acacia Gum, Chicory Inulin), Fructose, Olive Oil, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Flavouring, Mineral Blend (Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Oxide), Vitamin Blend (Ascorbic acid, Vitamin E, Pyridoxine), Methoxyisoflavone, Sweetener (Sucralose)

i have tried strawberry and it tastes delicious, this is coming from someone who uses myofusion, one of the best tasting shakes out there.

as you can see the use olive oil, not some cheap oil, they also use quality sources of protein, not soya.

Last edited:
Caporegime
seriously if you cant gain muscle on the cheapest bulk protein then it isnt the protein that is wrong.

The absolute worst thing you can do on a tight budget is buy some overpriced shiny branded tub of what is basically magic bean powder. Nothing wrong with them but nothing particularly right either.

You will not take enough of it as you will worry about the cost. I just dont see the sense.

EDIT i see some of the proposed stuff is the my protein bulk, thats the best bang for buck its all ive ever used and im basically mike mentzer lol

lol....dude, there you go again! :p

I was asking what someone else talked about, that is all, in the past I have brought myprotein stuff, I was merely intrigued.

Soldato

The synergy 7 offer on H&B was an offer that I actually first mentioned on OCUK, you ordered after :), so I know most of whats in it.

Some of the differences between Synergy and the one Im using is that for a Hardgainer like me the much higher carbs and calorie count involved help a lot. Regarding the Soy, that makes up part of the blend. The rest is Whey Concentrate, Isolate, egg albumin.

Daily is..
GRS-5® GRADUAL RELEASE PROTEIN 90g
CROSS ACTION™ CARBOHYDRATES 160g
with
MESNOID™ EXTREME MUSCLE GAIN STACK
HMB 3000mg
BCAAs 16000mg
Glutamine 8000mg
MCT-Oil 7200mg
Taurine 2000mg
Aminogen® 400mg
Bioperine® 10mg
Chromium 60ug
Creatine Monohydrate and Pyruvate 10000mg
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate 4000mg
Beta-Alanine 3000mg
Avena Sativa 420mg
Nettle Root Extract 400mg
ZMA 580mg

I struggle to hit 560 calories for £2 with the facilities I have here, (I live on a RAF base with no access to anything beyond a toaster and a microwave) Convenience is massive importance for my hope of gains. I literally lose weight within days of not chomping loads of food :D

We can all argue which supps are good and not I suppose. I just know that this stuff has actually put weight on me over previous ventures with Cyclone and MyProtein Hurricane XS :)

Its all bloody expensive stuff either way I suppose.

Associate
You guys may want to try out http://www.massprotein.co.uk/

This is my sisters and her husbands company. They own TwentyfirstCentury Leisure in Longport Stoke-on-Trent (she has worked there for 20 years plus) and have set up this company to try and give better deals on Protein etc.

I use USN Pure Protein IGF-1 and MuscleTech Creakic at the moment and am pleased with them.

Soldato

I'm exactly the same as you my friend. I was 6'3 and 10.5st!

Gaining weight was so difficult and I seriously had to over-eat. To do this cheapest I gorged mainly on oats and wholegrain pasta (I'm talking man portion bowls of pasta big enough to feed 3/4 people). Between main meals I scoffed on wholemeal baguettes/bagels with Quark and some cheap protein supplements like Myprotein I linked above. (Quark is cheap and a good source of protein).

I felt quite ill with eating so much everyday but I managed to throw 4st on. If you're an Ectomorph you literally need to eat all the calories you can get if you are going to make any progression. Make a pack up of snacks that you can munch on through the day whilst at work.

y goal is still to gain more weight. No cut & bulk routine for us, just bulk bulk bulk, we literally "cut" in our sleep :p

Soldato
You guys may want to try out http://www.massprotein.co.uk/

This is my sisters and her husbands company. They own TwentyfirstCentury Leisure in Longport Stoke-on-Trent (she has worked there for 20 years plus) and have set up this company to try and give better deals on Protein etc.

I use USN Pure Protein IGF-1 and MuscleTech Creakic at the moment and am pleased with them.

Give us discount code then youth!!

Soldato
you need to be seriously overdosing for it to effect your kidneys. stick to the guidelines on the package and you will be fine.

it's also been scientifically proven to work, unlike 99% of supplements.

solid cheap stack you got there none the less, maybe try adding some fish oils or omega 3-6-9's into the mix, they are relatively cheap and are very beneficial. good for your heart, brain and testosterone. unless of course you already eat oily fish on a daily basis.

I had to take a photo of one of my cupboards for you when you said that, :D

p1020523x.jpg

Permabanned
lol....dude, there you go again! :p

I was asking what someone else talked about, that is all, in the past I have brought myprotein stuff, I was merely intrigued.

I think you overthink all this stuff, i get why etc but just keep simple and consistant. There isnt much magic info you're going to glean, some people will blindly assure you that USN/MAXIMUSCLE etc etc are using scientifically proven propreitary compounds that actually double muscle growth by boosting various hormones or compounds like IGF.

But the fact is that its all a facade to sell cheap products at high prices to ill informed or ill educated masses. Im not opposed to the branded stuff at all if its to your taste and some of the bulking powders are fantastic i understand (i have no need for hard gainer shakes to say the least, im a fat "£$$%!!) but you always talk about you're budget so you should be using the cheapest available WPC

Soldato
I'm exactly the same as you my friend. I was 6'3 and 10.5st! ....
goal is still to gain more weight. No cut & bulk routine for us, just bulk bulk bulk, we literally "cut" in our sleep :p

Ya not wrong mate. Im the only person I know who loses weight by sitting around doing nothing and eating regular crap.

I understand that eating less calories than burning would lose weight, but I can literally not break a sweat for 3 weeks, eat a standard diet, then lose a few pounds.

Very frustrating. Ive managed to get up to about 14.5stone now. Im aiming to be 15-16 and reasonably lean one day.

Soldato
Ya not wrong mate. Im the only person I know who loses weight by sitting around doing nothing and eating regular crap.

I understand that eating less calories than burning would lose weight, but I can literally not break a sweat for 3 weeks, eat a standard diet, then lose a few pounds.

Very frustrating. Ive managed to get up to about 14.5stone now. Im aiming to be 15-16 and reasonably lean one day.

How tall? Pics!! (homo)

lol!

Caporegime
I think you overthink all this stuff, i get why etc but just keep simple and consistant. There isnt much magic info you're going to glean, some people will blindly assure you that USN/MAXIMUSCLE etc etc are using scientifically proven propreitary compounds that actually double muscle growth by boosting various hormones or compounds like IGF.

But the fact is that its all a facade to sell cheap products at high prices to ill informed or ill educated masses. Im not opposed to the branded stuff at all if its to your taste and some of the bulking powders are fantastic i understand (i have no need for hard gainer shakes to say the least, im a fat "£$$%!!) but you always talk about you're budget so you should be using the cheapest available WPC

I am, and do :)...As stated, I buy MyProtein impact whey protein, in fact, I need some more. Yet I can't buy any due to my financial issues.

Doesn't mean i'm going to stop training though :o

Back
Top Bottom