OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Permabanned
your way off m8 its not about the weight your moving its about how your body responds to the weight, the body does not respond as strongly to bodyweight exercises as it does to large compound movements.

You want to be looking to barbell row your own bodyweight, overhead press your bodyweight, squat 150% and deadlift 200%, bench press you definately want to be hitting 100kg for reps.

This is more than reasonable my brother is naturally skinny but with a fairly mesomorph shape, he hit all these targets within a year of training on a 3k cal diet, he has gained from 69kg to 75kg at about the same bodyfat.

I just dont know what your expecting to get, other than stronger, from this bodyweight program. No good for putting on mass imo

I easily barbell row my own bodyweight +

Why are bodyweight exercises not as good. my bodyweight is 60kg when i add a 15kg plate that is 75kg.

Anyway no probs I do both.

I have about 200kg worth of plates in my house (25x2, 20x2,15x2,10x2,5x4,2.5x4,1.25x4,1x8,0.5x8), plus dumbell, barbell, ez bar etc...

I just dotn have a bench or squat rack. I do hack squats for heavy squats now and was doing weighted dips instead of bench.

Last edited:
Permabanned
However I get real bad acne and when I bulk up it gets worse

1. Hormones from working out, elevated test?

2. Food, eating so much food worsens my acne,

Only way I dotn get acne is eat fruit and vege and real clean a bit fish and eggs but I cant gain weight like that

Permabanned
I easily barbell row my own bodyweight +

Why are bodyweight exercises not as good. my bodyweight is 60kg when i add a 15kg plate that is 75kg.

Anyway no probs I do both.

I have 200kg worth of plates in my house, plus dumbell, barbell, ez bar etc...

I just dotn have a bench or squat rack. I do hack squats for heavy squats now and was doing weighted dips instead of bench.

very simply your body responding to the stress of huge weights trying to crush you causes a growth response. Moving your own weight for reps is just too 'economical' to be stressful. There are so many factors at work here you would be foolish to think that a pull up +10kg is anything like say a barbell row @ bodyweight + 10kg. Dips are fantastic for blokes over 100kilos but for someone your weight they are nigh on pointless imo unless you are putting serious weights on the belt, 50kg+ for your weight.

Also with no deadlifing and no squatting you arent building up big glutes and quads,. these are basically testosterone factories for your body, big legs = big arms even with little arm training

Permabanned
However I get real bad acne and when I bulk up it gets worse

1. Hormones from working out, elevated test?

2. Food, eating so much food worsens my acne,

Only way I dotn get acne is eat fruit and vege and real clean a bit fish and eggs but I cant gain weight like that

you should get allergy screening done, you may have a fat or additive intolerance, but yeah could be elevating test, its a seperate issue though, consult a dermatologist, as long as steroids arent involved there is no reason you should have problem acne

Permabanned
very simply your body responding to the stress of huge weights trying to crush you causes a growth response. Moving your own weight for reps is just too 'economical' to be stressful. There are so many factors at work here you would be foolish to think that a pull up +10kg is anything like say a barbell row @ bodyweight + 10kg. Dips are fantastic for blokes over 100kilos but for someone your weight they are nigh on pointless imo unless you are putting serious weights on the belt, 50kg+ for your weight.

Also with no deadlifing and no squatting you arent building up big glutes and quads,. these are basically testosterone factories for your body, big legs = big arms even with little arm training

Sure that makes sense.

I do

Barbell rows
Military press
sometimes upright rows but I heard they are dnagerous so I dont do often
deadlfits
hack squats

I cant do bench press as I have no bench.

I could do dumbell press or floor press for chest?

ANything else I need do?

I do isolation but is it pointless?

curls
dumbell curls
skullcrushers
hammer curls
lateral raises
rear lateral raises

etc.....

you should get allergy screening done, you may have a fat or additive intolerance, but yeah could be elevating test, its a seperate issue though, consult a dermatologist, as long as steroids arent involved there is no reason you should have problem acne

well like i said earlier I found cutting out grains and milk imporved my skin. but I dont know how to bulk liek this. Im on caveman diet,

I can eat

eggs
meat
oils
fruit
vege
fish

I take in loadsa fat as I cant get much carbs. Like full fat crea, olive oil, butter, coocnut oil etc....as 200g fat=nearly 2000kcals..

Permabanned
doesnt sound like you have much of a program m8? I presume the basics like splitting into 3 sessions a week? say chest-tris/back-bi's/legs-core?

on back day start working towards a better deadlift, heavy deads, rows, t bar etc pulldowns and what not if you can.

leg day heavy hack squats, lunges and sldl's

chest day you really need a bench, if you have to stick on dips start upping the weight week on week.

You need equipment or a gym membership though m8 you seem very very limited i cant make muscles out of thin air regaurdless of what a few ripped you-tubers will claim.

One months food bulking clean will cost nearly as much as a decent starter home gym. a basic bench to get going will be £200 or less.

If you dont want to invest in your growth then you wont get anywhere anyway in the end

Permabanned
No I have followed many ''official'' ''proper'' programs over the years.

I was just stating to you what equipment i have and possible exercises that can be performed in my house

Permabanned
the only exercise I cant do at home is bench press its hardly limited.

I read vince gironda or soem other dudes never used a bench and built chest only using reverse weighted dips.

ALso I have money but no space for bench.

Only thing gym gives me I dont have at home is bench. (and squat rack)

As I say there are a lot off exercises I can do at home so to say I cant build muscle is ridiculous

deadlifts
hack squats
lunges
sldl
barbell rows
upright rows
military press
isolation exercises

You are saying I cannot build any muscle with these possible exercies...That is laughable..well chest I dunno, dips, flyes etc?

And clean bulking sucks its so expensive and hard to eat clean, depressing and just hard work.

Last edited:
Permabanned
lol I wasnt meaning to give off an argumentitive vibe, he has been helpful

He agreed I could build muscle by

''on back day start working towards a better deadlift, heavy deads, rows, t bar etc pulldowns and what not if you can.

chest day you really need a bench, if you have to stick on dips start upping the weight week on week.''

So really I was saying all I cant do at home is chest?

But are dips and flyes and dumbell presses adn floor presses adequate?

Last edited:
Soldato
lol I wasnt meaning to give off an argumentitive vibe, he has been helpful

He agreed I could build muscle by

''on back day start working towards a better deadlift, heavy deads, rows, t bar etc pulldowns and what not if you can.

chest day you really need a bench, if you have to stick on dips start upping the weight week on week.''

So really I was saying all I cant do at home is chest?

But are dips and flyes and dumbell presses adn floor presses adequate?

Again, take it to the gym rats thread. Ultra extreme is being a bit vocal at the moment but he's only one voice, there are plenty of others who can offer good advice.

Soldato

So according to the bod pod on that show this guy is 7.6% bf...

Capture23.JPG

Permabanned
it doesnt really matter as long as its consistant, there is no truly 'correct' method of measuring BF but i agree my guess woulda been about 14 ish thats about my current level minus the muscle

Permabanned
So according to the bod pod on that show this guy is 7.6% bf...

Capture23.JPG

compared to me hes not even skinny.

None of the people on that video are skinny.

I was 8.5 stone at 18...at 5'10

They call people like Tim Henman and Andy Murray skinny.

they are like 6ft 13 stone

HUgh grant is skinny, david beckahm skinny...hes what 5'11 12 stone?

Man I am now 9.5 stone at 5'10...these guys are normal..or I am extremely skinny. My genetics must be haywired

Last edited:
Permabanned

Was just thinking.

These guys were put on extreme diets with no exercise.

It had been proven that no matter how much you feed some people even 10,000kcals + per day they dont gain more than 15-25% off their initial bodyweight.

However, if you put them on a progressive resistance training programme does this mean they will continually gain muscle so can gian more weight?

This has not been studied

Man of Honour
Fairly pointless discussion.

Obviously you can put on weight with the right diet and exercise. That's the whole point of bodybuilding. Even people doing other sports gain weight.

Back
Top Bottom