OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Ch00n.

Here's a torso pic at 14% bodyfat........ Would like to hit 10% I think.
IMG_0605.jpg

Man of Honour
Nah not at all, I'd love hair like that, but as soon as my hair gets above a certain length it goes wavey :( I once paid to have it chemically straightened back in Uni, didn't last long though :(

Caporegime
delvis would you start to log your training sessions meticulously and posting either on a blog or in here. You need to start getting detailed about what exactly you are doing if you want help in making progress. Im yet to meet someone male over 50kilos (and under 120kg) who i couldnt have repping bodyweight squats within a few months of training. You have been doing this blooming ages and your getting nowhere at all (generally speaking). It cant even be diet because my brother manages on about 2 pizzas a day much to my distaste lifting vastly more than you at similar stats.

Get logging stuff get detailed. If you cant be arsed then your screwed anyway you'll be where you are forever.

Cheers.

Tell me what you want me to log, and i'll do it.

Diet wise daily it tends to be this up until Dinner:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 scoop whey shake.
Sometimes add sausages in as well although this is making me feel rather crap in the morning.

Lunch: 1 Chicken breast in two wraps.

Snack food: Throughout the day I snack on penuts as they're cheap.

Dinner:
This will vary every evening, I live with the girlfriend and we quite frankly won't be eating chicken breast with sweet potatoes every night, it's just not do-able.

I will then have another 1 maybe two whey shakes in the evening, one always after a workout.

Workout: Currently a 3-day split.

Monday: Legs - Squats, extensions, leg raises, calve raises and SLDL's.

Wednesday: Chest - Flat Bench, Flys (flat/incline/decline, not all at once), dips (on the edge of a bench with my arse on the floor basically), then push-ups. Will also do tri-extensions behind the head.

Friday: Back / Shoulders - Deadlifts, BOR's, Single arm rows, lat/side raises, arnold press / shoulder press. Also do some Cleans now to press if thats the right way of describing it.

I do shoulders on Friday, purely because I have more time, I don't do them Wednesday as I don't like to overtrain my shoulders as i've screwed them over before and I'm still paying for it.

So that's it basically, I can try and do a rough weight guide to what I'm lifting but it changes a fair bit depending on the day.

+1. gotta be something not right

Pretty much, i'm lifting, and my lifts have gone up. I'm finally getting the idea of how each exercise should be so hopefully things will change.

Part of it is because I train on my own, and the only things I have for advice is the internet, which, lets face it has conflicting evidence all over the place. And of course you guys :)

EDIT: Please reply in the Gym Ratz thread, as this is WAY off topic

Last edited:
Soldato
Part of it is because I train on my own, and the only things I have for advice is the internet, which, lets face it has conflicting evidence all over the place. And of course you guys :)

No different to me! Unless you count a fat lazy training partner as an advantage :p Although he hasn't been for 5-6 weeks now.

If i'm honest, you aren't eating enough. I doubt you are eating massive dinners so it's probably a bit under what you should be. Stuff i'm eating 'more' than you, 150g muesli, ~40g PB on toast, and my lunch is probably more calorie heavy(3-4 rashers bacon or sausages on toast with eggs and beans), and depending on what your shakes are with i'm probably having a pint or 2 of milk more aswell.

You say your weights change depending on the day, doesn't sound ideal to me. The way i did the 3 day split, start on a weight, once you can do 3x8 for that weight, move up one. Keep aiming for 3x8 until you can manage it, move up again. Of course alter that depending on your rep range.

Caporegime
No different to me! Unless you count a fat lazy training partner as an advantage :p Although he hasn't been for 5-6 weeks now.

If i'm honest, you aren't eating enough. I doubt you are eating massive dinners so it's probably a bit under what you should be. Stuff i'm eating 'more' than you, 150g muesli, ~40g PB on toast, and my lunch is probably more calorie heavy(3-4 rashers bacon or sausages on toast with eggs and beans), and depending on what your shakes are with i'm probably having a pint or 2 of milk more aswell.

You say your weights change depending on the day, doesn't sound ideal to me. The way i did the 3 day split, start on a weight, once you can do 3x8 for that weight, move up one. Keep aiming for 3x8 until you can manage it, move up again. Of course alter that depending on your rep range.

Hi there, going to reply in Gym Ratz budy, will make it easier

Permabanned
You can now see that I may have been joking when I said I was going to start cutting. ;)

I don't understand how I weigh 80kg @ 6'3" and yet am still as scrawny as I am, whereas others are looking swole at my weight.

I know there is a lot of fat on me, but even so. Maybe I should have pumped myself before hand and not stood in a shower unit colder than Auschwitz :p :(

pics too big, edited to links

P.s nope, I haven't done any weights, baring a few press ups and running. Can barely afford food to survive, let alone a gym! :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's okay, I think I did already. :)

Thanks

@Kenmare

It's because you're 80kg at 6ft+ you look how you do :p, agreed, some is excess fat, but it's what happens if nothing is maintained.

Are you looking to get in to weightlifting or?

Oh. Just surprised me how much I weigh considering how thin my arms/legs are. Ah well.

I want to start weight lifting but I've got a problem with my posture which is making me cautious about just jumping on weights. After reading some stories about injuries I want to be extremely careful.

Oh and I have £5 to my name. Well -£1495 to be precise. Hence my next meal is more of a concern than the gym unfortunately. :)

Caporegime
Oh. Just surprised me how much I weigh considering how thin my arms/legs are. Ah well.

I want to start weight lifting but I've got a problem with my posture which is making me cautious about just jumping on weights. After reading some stories about injuries I want to be extremely careful.

Oh and I have £5 to my name. Well -£1495 to be precise. Hence my next meal is more of a concern than the gym unfortunately. :)

Fair play, same boat as me then :p

Do you have room at home for a bench and weights or?

Man of Honour

You weigh nothing :p and I don't mean that in the bad way it probably sounds but I'm 88kg at 5'7.
Start stacking some muscle on and you'll make some good changes, being brutally honest and as you've said you've never really done weights before if you jump straight into cutting you're going to end up looking worse than you do now as you have little in the way of lean bulk to come through.

Permabanned
You weigh nothing :p and I don't mean that in the bad way it probably sounds but I'm 88kg at 5'7.
Start stacking some muscle on and you'll make some good changes, being brutally honest and as you've said you've never really done weights before if you jump straight into cutting you're going to end up looking worse than you do now as you have little in the way of lean bulk to come through.

I was honestly joking when I said I would be cutting, my arms would be comparable to an Ethiopians!

I guess you weighing 88kg at 5'7" does put things in context better. Downsides to be tall see to out weigh any height advantages. :(

How can I aim to put on a noticeable amount of muscle if I don't have weights? At best I could try and get a pair of dumbells but not for the immediate future. :(

Caporegime
How can I aim to put on a noticeable amount of muscle if I don't have weights? At best I could try and get a pair of dumbells but not for the immediate future. :(

Could get some cheap dumbells at some point as you said, store them under your bed for instance.

Get a door-frame gym...So you can do pull-ups / chin-ups / wide grip pull-ups which will work your back and lats.

Squats can be done with some dumbells, or hell, some bottles of water or a bag of sand :p

Again, with the door-gym things you can do push-ups and dips as well, which will work your tri's and chest if done correctly.

No it won't turn you in to Mr.Olympia, but it will get the ball rolling, and to be honest if you can get good at pull-ups for instance it's a good starting point, it's something I need to work on now in all fairness.

Back
Top Bottom