OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
I'm sorry. I really struggle to understand how you can be so far in the red at uni. I know a guy who managed to sink £600 in freshers week last year. But apart from that, most people who go out, manage to spend under £20 a week on a night out, and it is perfectly possible to do it on under 10 if you pay attention. It's plenty affordable. The few people I know with that much debt are those who drink ridiculously excessively, and those are the ones that have probably put on half a stone of weight since coming to uni due to alcohol. And having seen them going out, they really don't need anywhere near that much alcohol to have a good time.

kd

Lol really? Lets put this into perspective from my situation. I get £3900 (a fraction more than the minimum) from student finance this year. My rent for this year will come to £3300. Plus an extra £250 deposit we got put upon us thanks to the unreliable moron living here last year (who has run off after signing the contract so we have that to deal with). Then theres bills which adds a bit more. So basically i have about £200 to last the year, take £100 away for gym membership. You can see where i'm going right? Overdraft was already about half gone at the start of the year, had to spend some in freshers week obviously but i don't go crazy. So anything i buy other than food is out of my overdraft, which currently has £4 of it left :o Other than freshers week i've probably spent about £15 max on drinks 'out' since the start of Sept, do i have a reason to be in the red yet? :p
It's all good for people like 3 of my housemates who get close to 7 grand from student finance, but some of us arent that "lucky"

edit: awesome back chicco

looking good kai. i think you can pull off the vest, good enough chest mass. definitely going to cut soon after xmas to see where i'm at

Last edited:
Associate
the chicco and kai both looking good!

Kai I think you have put some good mass on. Really nailed it from the look of it.

The chicco turtle back is a compliment as far as i know. Means its rounded because you have good mass.

Associate

From today, about a hour after I worked out:

14b3mt0.png

1h48ly.png

Used to be about 130 pounds, now I'm roughly 140 pounds. I'm 5 foot 7 though :(. I have seen gains in strength and size, probably not the best pictures to show that though :p

I feel like my chest is increasing in size slowly and so are my arms, what you guys think and what do you guess my body fat % to be? Be gentle..I know it's slow progress.

Last edited:
Associate
Can see steady progess across chest, good job! at a guess i would say 16% b.f

What have i done :(

Cheers bud. What's your routine like? I want a chest & traps like yours! I'm aiming to be around 150 pounds with about 10% bodyfat, which will hopefully get me a physique like yours haha.

kai

kai

Soldato
Kai, what are you currently lifting for your various exercises?

Taken from the powerlifting thread;

Bench 112kg
Squat (this is now 100kg)
deadlift 145kg

bodyweight 68kg

its difficult to say for most things, as i tend to mix things up and not so much run of the mill stuff! I do like a lot of dynamic type excerises; muscle ups, inverted pushups etc just random stuff i will stick in a routine which i think i have benefited from

asif im like 71kg but look nothing like that haha

All to do with body fat, not sure what I am now but i would guess around 9 - 10% previous picture 2months ago was around 8% anything lower and i personally would say is dangerous
Happy to provide advice, and guidance but need to understand current routines, diet, supplements if any ?

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
Cheers bud. What's your routine like? I want a chest & traps like yours! I'm aiming to be around 150 pounds with about 10% bodyfat, which will hopefully get me a physique like yours haha.

Routine is very similar to most people on here; i train 6 days a week. My routines might not be suitable for you, I am a great believer in finding something that works and sticking with it till you plateau.

A method I have been using last few weeks to overcome this is every other week I do a powerlifting session. For example it would be my normal routine however the first exercise would be chest e.g. decline bench two warm up sets x15 then 2 working sets as heavy as possible for 2 reps (need spotter) last working set mid weight to failure. Then carry on with my normal routine that slight difference will (should) be enough shake things up and force growth.

Last edited:
Associate
Routine is very similar to most people on here; i train 6 days a week. My routines might not be suitable for you, I am a great believer in finding something that works and sticking with it till you plateau.

A method I have been using last few weeks to overcome this is every other week I do a powerlifting session. For example it would be my normal routine however the first exercise would be chest e.g. decline bench two warm up sets x15 then 2 working sets as heavy as possible for 2 reps (need spotter) last working set mid weight to failure. Then carry on with my normal routine that slight difference will (should) be enough shake things up and force growth.

Care to post your routine mate? I'm looking to train 6 times a week now instead of 3. I've just edited my routine but I would love to see yours as you obviously know your stuff and the results show that :p

You're really 68kg? that's 148 pounds or so..wow that's exactly what I'm aiming to be, 150 pounds @ 10% bodyfat. And no way you're benching 112kg at your bodyweight! That's seriously impressive. I'm 140 pounds and I bench NOWHERE near that lol :eek:

How long you been lifting for mate? and how many calories do you eat on training/resting days?

Last edited:
Soldato
Care to post your routine mate? I'm looking to train 6 times a week now instead of 3. I've just edited my routine but I would love to see yours as you obviously know your stuff and the results show that :p

You're really 68kg? that's 148 pounds or so..wow that's exactly what I'm aiming to be, 150 pounds @ 10% bodyfat. And no way you're benching 112kg at your bodyweight! That's seriously impressive. I'm 140 pounds and I bench NOWHERE near that lol :eek:

How long you been lifting for mate? and how many calories do you eat on training/resting days?

Basically, Kai, can we have your magic spreadsheet please? :)

I'm sure it has been asked a million times, but also, height?

Although, I am genuinely intrigued with what you started off with...

kd

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
There are no magical spread sheets, no winning formulas! My routines might not be suitable for you and this will vary week to week; last week was the following;

Mon: Chest / Tri & Abs
Tues: Back / Bi
Wed: Shoulders
Thurs: Deadlifts & Abs
Friday: Legs
Sat: rest
Sun: compound exercises

As for giving you a breakdown of individual exercises i will struggle as i change this up every session, usually no gym session will be the same – well not for maybe a month or so!
fyi Height 5’10, and yes I really am 68kg lol

lifting for 2 years now, and calories don’t change between resting and training days, no point as I train 6 days a week. Diet is controlled and I’m pretty strict with myself on average I eat 2475 – 2700 calories a day. This is amble for me at the moment as I am getting the right breakdowns on food and its allowing me clean bulk slowly but steadily as I don’t want to put on any unwanted fat.

To give an idea as well in terms of diet, which is more important than training itself, i will eat something like this 3 - 4 times a day; 125g brown rice, half cup of brocolli and 1 large chicken breast....mmmm YUM

capturesk.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom