OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
Leaner than most people who have some decent size... leaner than me, then again EVERYONE's leaner than me! ;) :D

is_this_real_life101.gif

Permabanned
Well the pose is just a pose. I don't read anything in to that. It's just the hairless-uber-muscley-thong-wearing-fake-tan-competition look is just "weird" in my humble opinion. I see why it's all necessary though and I can see why some think it is a thing of beauty - admiring all the lines and stuff. It would be good to see what the chaps look like "au naturel" before they exhibit.

EDIT: In fact, it's rather like art. A cursory glance at a painting might instil an opinion of "that's a bit rubbish" but when you take time to study it and think, you can derive pleasure from the painting. The same with these guys. At first glance I thought "ewww" but after staring for a while and thinking, I did start to change my mind.

I think this is pretty spot on, the difference, and this is key, is that when you look at art and cannot appreciate it you strive to understand, even if in reality you are still unmoved and/or interested in the art. With bodybuilding its a lot easier to cry 'GAY!'

Its about conforming to the perceived norm, admiring a piece of art is considered collectively couth and educated, admiring a male physique is flat out homosexual (in the eyes of the great unwashed). In both cases the value is subjective, however the actions of the observer are clearly based around their own concern about the opinions of others or even their own insecurities.

Personally i think there is something far more unsettling about someone who fakes appreciation for something they do not appreciate than someone who openly appreciates things they truly enjoy or admire.

Soldato
Previous photo:

wooo.jpg

Taken today:

l33t.jpg

About 3 (possibly more?) months and 3 gym sessions between the photos.

This is what happens when you stop training for a few months and continue to eat chocolate and fry ups:

belly.jpg

Only posting up to shame myself into not slacking.

Need a better camera ideally.

Last edited:
Soldato
i do have very tight/short back leg muscles... i can not touch my toes.
I do planking excercises at home every so often and try to stretch my legs muscles. Thanks for the link, i give it a good read.

Man of Honour
Huge lordosis, it's making your belly look much bigger than it actually is. Get yourself into the mobility thread.

Also, too much bicep not enough everything else.

Back
Top Bottom