OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
The misses said to me the other week, "You're going to have to stop lifting weights" After a death stare that could have killed at 100 paces she said "Or we could just get you some nice hand moisturiser".
Women :rolleyes:

Soldato
They'll be hindering you already ;)

Your hands aren't going to turn into crocodile skin.
If they are then it's not to the amount that it overshadows the damage my hands take without gloves, not even close at this moment in time.

I don't lift anywhere close to heavy at the moment, yet my hands still show signs of wear and tear even with wearing the gloves.

Man of Honour
Either:

1) your equipment is made of sand paper
2) you're holding things incorrectly (pretty common)
3) your hands are made out of cotton wool
4) you need to man up :D

Soldato
I may have a look up on chalk and hand moisturiser etc. To be completely honest, as much as I've been trying to learn about weight training over the last 6 or so months, hands is the one area I've not even bothered to read up on at all. My view has always been I know my hands will take a battering without gloves, so I'm wearing them and that's that.

Associate
I use liquid chalk which I got from myprotein for £4 or somthing and its great and mess free unlike the powder, seen some right idiot's that use it like there in a sandpit resulting in it getting eveywhere :p

I remember one time when someone dropped a 35kg dumbbell from around 1m onto their tub of chalk and there was a big cloud :D

Last edited:
Associate
gloves will just stop you getting a proper bar grip especially when deadliftting or power cleans etc wont take long to toughen up your skin a bit a calouses popping of here and there are par for the course gloves are a pain

another pet hate is when you see people trying to lift heavy in trainers or soft soled shoes running shoes and weightlifting do not go together no support and no stability its not a fashion show get in lift heavy get out

Last edited:
Associate
well after reading through the forums for a few years now especially this thread I have decided its time to make a few posts
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Soldato
That's some crazy genetics if he doesn't train :p.

Time for a spot of cutting I would say, pretty much where I'll be in a few weeks, the flab is definately catching up with me.

Associate
So...Do you train? Or are you wanting advice on where to go next? :p

sorry I guess I should have wrote that I have been very lazily training for the last couple of months at home,also trying to gain weight something that I find very hard to do (I am currently just under 75kg and this time last year i was 64kg)

I did have a go at the 5x5 lifts but I became very lazy and now I am no where near my best on the bench/overhead press but strangely my chicken legs haven't lost any strength.

so basically this post is to show you guys and me what kind of progress I will be making once I resume

Last edited:
Caporegime
sorry I guess I should have wrote that I have been very lazily training for the last couple of months at home,also trying to gain weight something that I find very hard to do.

I did have a go at the 5x5 lifts but I became very lazy and now I am no where near my best on the bench/overhead press but strangely my chicken legs haven't lost any strength.

so basically this post is to show you guys and me what kind of progress I will be making once I resume

That's cool :)

Get yourself down with a diet plan, and a weights routine to follow, and changes will come :) You appear to have a pretty decent base to be entirely honest, a bit of work and it'll go far.

Back
Top Bottom