OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Trying to decide if I have made much progress in the last 2 months I've maintained my diet or not. But this time, I've included some leg pictures, as I never did before. (sorry, image heavy).

January - February 2012

PICT0002res.JPG

PICT0003res.JPG

PICT0005res.JPG

PICT0006res.JPG

April 2012

april2012edit-01.JPG

april2012edit-02.JPG

april2012edit-03.JPG

april2012edit-04.JPG

april2012edit-05.JPG

april2012edit-06.JPG

Kind regards,

David

Man of Honour
You're going to need to learn to do your exercises with your core engaged and a neutral spine. You have a bit of asymmetry going on, if you split your later back shot in two it could be two separate people. I'm going to guess that you're rowing with pretty sloppy form.

Caporegime
Just concentrate on keeping everything symmetrical pretty much :) Things like rows etc as icecold said.

If you are finding one side is 'lacking' during the lift on the row for instance and the other isn't, you might have to lower the weight or something to compensate for a while? That or incorporate isolation work on the lagging parts at a guess?

Soldato
Thanks for your reply Delvis,

Going to drop the weight on the row stuff, just to make sure form is 100%, and the same for all my other back exercises. Should even things out.

I have a quick question - should I do both bent over rows and seated rows in the same session, or am I better of alternating?

Kind regards,

David

Man of Honour
OP
I prefer BORs. You can get away with a bit of "body english" on cable rows though - however the principle should be the same, locking the core in. When doing BORs you should never really let your scaps go loose and keep them "primed" - furthermore, having a good spine position and a hard locked core is critical.

Caporegime
I prefer BORs. You can get away with a bit of "body english" on cable rows though - however the principle should be the same, locking the core in. When doing BORs you should never really let your scaps go loose and keep them "primed" - furthermore, having a good spine position and a hard locked core is critical.

Hm, will have to keep an eye on that one. Ta

Soldato
Cheers Freefaller,

I will do some BORs today. I watched some videos, and form is to be as follows:

Back straight, shoulders back.

Legs angled

Bar to waist, rather than chest.

Full range of motion, touching waist.

Kind regards,

David

Man of Honour
OP
Same with any rowing movement or even chins. You want to keep the scaps activated.

With BORs look at a point in front of you, don't lift your head up. And really lock that core - your body should be a solid lump of human when doing that exercise.

Caporegime
Same with any rowing movement or even chins. You want to keep the scaps activated.

With BORs look at a point in front of you, don't lift your head up. And really lock that core - your body should be a solid lump of human when doing that exercise.

Otherwise your lower back moves and you get lower back pump and screw it up :o

Bit like me really :p

Man of Honour
OP
It's not just about the lower back issue (though that is important), you just then end up not really doing BORs and you just do a mess of an exercise - and as you can see, you develop asymmetrically as your more powerful side will take over - by locking yourself in place and activating the correct muscles, you make your body work for you - your body likes and wants symmetry.

Soldato
Many thanks for all your helpful replies,

I'm going to make sure I get a video of the bent-over-rows today, because I think it is paramount that I sort this out, I'll post it up on the gym rats thread though, as I'm starting to go away from the forum topic at hand I think!

Kind regards,

David

Back
Top Bottom