OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
That's cool :)

Get yourself down with a diet plan, and a weights routine to follow, and changes will come :) You appear to have a pretty decent base to be entirely honest, a bit of work and it'll go far.

thank you at the moment I don't really have a diet plan just sort of eating what ever I buy but this is getting costly so I'm now looking at making all of my meals to go along with the protein and instant oat shakes that I have bought.

also I am going to try to commit to the 5x5 this time as the main reason I stop last time was that my friend that I worked out with moved away so I lost the competition that we had going on between ourselves.

Last edited:
Soldato
sorry I guess I should have wrote that I have been very lazily training for the last couple of months at home,also trying to gain weight something that I find very hard to do (I am currently just under 75kg and this time last year i was 64kg)

11kg gain in one year us pretty damn good :) I struggle to put on weight too so I can understand how hard that would have been.

Keep up the good work.

Associate
tbh very hard to gain 11kg of muscle in a year weight yes pure muscle no. not unless you are using the right chemicals. interesting to see bodyfat % at start and finish then workk out you LBM gains

Soldato
In the first year of Uni I ate pretty poorly (kitchen was a nightmare) I think within one year (Aug-Aug, not just one Uni year) I gained roughly 5kg. That took me from 60 to 65kg :o

This week has been pretty bad for diet and sleep, too many deadlines and mid-terms!

Associate
1lb of fat = 3500 calories unburnt thats all. not to hard thats only 500 a day.
depends on how many fat cells an individual lays down in the formative years as to whether its easy or hard for someone to gain fat. then theres the genetic factors (muscle fibre type an other) and lifestyle choices, as in activity levels type of activity etc.
probably will be some muscle gain there ofc, but hard to gain 11kg not impossible but damn hard lookin at the pics id say just of hand he was up around 18- 22% bodyfat % right now give or take its hard unless u see someone in the flesh and measure it properly or accuratly . best thing is get a decent test done preferably hydrostatic weighing or a good 7 pt or 9 pt harpenden test or thirdly bioelectrical test before and after, results do vary a lot within 3-4% will be close enough tho for most people

Associate
tbh very hard to gain 11kg of muscle in a year weight yes pure muscle no. not unless you are using the right chemicals. interesting to see bodyfat % at start and finish then workk out you LBM gains

I'm sure its not all muscle and as for body fat I have never measured mine

also as a reference here is me on holiday 06-07-2011

scaled.php

Soldato
Dude, wear sun cream :o

1lb of fat = 3500 calories unburnt thats all. not to hard thats only 500 a day.
depends on how many fat cells an individual lays down in the formative years as to whether its easy or hard for someone to gain fat. then theres the genetic factors (muscle fibre type an other) and lifestyle choices, as in activity levels type of activity etc.
probably will be some muscle gain there ofc, but hard to gain 11kg not impossible but damn hard lookin at the pics id say just of hand he was up around 18- 22% bodyfat % right now give or take its hard unless u see someone in the flesh and measure it properly or accuratly . best thing is get a decent test done preferably hydrostatic weighing or a good 7 pt or 9 pt harpenden test or thirdly bioelectrical test before and after, results do vary a lot within 3-4% will be close enough tho for most people

This post is really hard to read :\ I sort of understand what you're saying though.

Soldato
If they are then it's not to the amount that it overshadows the damage my hands take without gloves, not even close at this moment in time.

I don't lift anywhere close to heavy at the moment, yet my hands still show signs of wear and tear even with wearing the gloves.

Actually going have to go back to using gloves myself. They adapted fine to the rigours of weightlifting but kettlebells are a different matter. The grip on the bar is much thicker and the handle tends to slip causing more friction etc. They are also very good at tearing your callouses off as well :D :(

Permabanned
Actually going have to go back to using gloves myself. They adapted fine to the rigours of weightlifting but kettlebells are a different matter. The grip on the bar is much thicker and the handle tends to slip causing more friction etc. They are also very good at tearing your callouses off as well :D :(

You obviously didn't grow a big enough pair with the weightlifting then. :p

Just messing, callouses are a a massive pain but I'm just hoping they start to happen less often.

Permabanned
Silly question maybe but what is the best way to do this? I don't do anything with mine. Some days they seem better and don't bother me and then other days they can get quite saw.

Would one of those sandy blocks that you can use on your feet be suitable for them?

Soldato
You obviously didn't grow a big enough pair with the weightlifting then. :p

Just messing, callouses are a a massive pain but I'm just hoping they start to happen less often.

It's the dumbells that starts them off I tell ya. The bars are knurled with a protruding cross-hatch that cuts into your palms. The kettlebells are smooth but prone to slippage on cleans etc

Back
Top Bottom