OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
A lot of people (myself included) aren't bodybuilders and ergo don't know or worry about how to pose. That's the beauty of it though, LiE whilst not posing necessarily at his best, still looks bloody brilliant.

Man of Honour
OP
appreciate that but it helps a lot in pics etc if you can show at your best

True - good point, it also helps to show improvements more clearly. If I were more interested in doing it for shape/size/looks then I'd definitely look into it more - however, I'm sure Steedie can give some pointers at the next meet and we can all gay it up posing together ;)

Associate
this has just promted me to go look at a frank zane clip or the king Mohamed Makkawy awesome

Mohamed Makkawy - Mr. Olympia 1984 vapaaohjelma brill routine one of best ever

Associate
wish i still could lift heavy unfortunatly lumbar disc problems mean i cant do what i used to and age i guess, but heh ho not doin to bad juyst means no cleans, squats or deadlifts anymore

Caporegime
wish i still could lift heavy unfortunatly lumbar disc problems mean i cant do what i used to and age i guess, but heh ho not doin to bad juyst means no cleans, squats or deadlifts anymore

I've been recommended to try bulgarian split squats due to my back issue at the moment, and going by a couple of articles they seem a good alternative as you can still pack on size / strength and they're less pressure on the back so to speak :)

Associate
I've been recommended to try bulgarian split squats due to my back issue at the moment, and going by a couple of articles they seem a good alternative as you can still pack on size / strength and they're less pressure on the back so to speak :)

yer i can still hack and leg press to a fashion but always in the back of the mind when i get a twinge is ooops layoff a bit .

i just notice when i do try and push it now i tend to twist to the week side so soon as that starts i lay of it

Associate
I'm up for posing tips Steedie, excitement here! haha:o

Regardless of whether you're competing or you're a bodybuilder I think everybody should try and learn a few basic poses (double bicep, lat spread, etc etc)
They are excellent to gauge progress and assess how things are going in the long term - something that everybody should be interested in.

[/bicepmonkey]

Associate
A good way to think of it is dont look like a cardboard cut out. as in standing upright all in line when facing the camera all in the same plane as it were.

it should be like a sculpture. even tho musculature should be symetrical a pose should not.

it should look like its flowing little things like having a foot in front of the other turn the hips slightly bend a knee here change the angles of the shoulders hold the wrists at diferent heights and angles etc etc its only small things very hard to explain but by watching vids and pics you get the idea

all to often people will do say a front double bicep and stand bolt upright with everytrhing in line and it makes it look all to stiff. same with rear double biceps poses

a favorite is trapovers people find it hard to pop the traps up evenly for some reason its all about control and angles

it does take practice but well worth it if done correctly imo

Back
Top Bottom