OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
What routine are you following mate?

Stronglifts 5x5, with the addition of 3x15 leg raises from a bench every session and also started putting in 5x5 wide grip palm forward pullups every session, 3 sessions ago :)

I was doing it 3-4 times a week, but in the last 3 weeks thats dropped to only once or twice, so i'm impressed im still seeing results. Really need to bring that back up again, but have been very busy and a bit ill so ive had to lay off it slightly :(

I also do 3x15 leg raises on the floor and ~3x30 pushups most days too at home just as a bit of an extra.

cardio wise, I play basketball once a week for ~2 hours, but it's pretty intense at the moment with laser trap sprint training, jump training and fitness tests etc, so this is far more than enough cardio for my liking at the moment!

Last edited:
Soldato
It's good cardio though if you was to call it that. It's a fun sport to play and it helps you keep fit and lose weight...So it's all win!

It's incredibly good HIIT with plyometrics thrown in for extra win. I play at a decent level (my team won the division four national league championship last year), in season I was playing basketball a good 8 hours a week, and one doesn't simply coast, you go hard or go home :D

Soldato
15fst8h.jpg
[/IMG]

I was pulling a pretty lame face so decided to hide it lol :)

My traps come on quite nice, but my chest is still way behind on things. Ill work on my diet eventually!

Soldato
That was kinda a cheat pic after a shoulder session a few weeks back. Without the pump I dont look quite the same lol.

Im 6ft3 and about 15stone 2lb.

My chest is pretty **** though. I have very little by means of pecs. When Ive hit them in the gym and they are pumped they look ok. But otherwise they arent noticeable. A bit flat :(

I have ditched Flat bench recently because I feel I was getting nothing from it. Last few weeks Ive done incline and decline instead.

If I ever learn to cut carbs I think I could get some definition. But Im horrendous with diet.

Ive chomped a large dominos pizza tonight.

Soldato
Ive returned to deadlifts again in the last few weeks too and Ive been pretty strong. I just managed 195kg last week.

I warm up from 60kg - 80 - 100 - 140 - 160 -180 - 190. Repping from 5 reps in light weights down to 3 and then just 1 a time from 160 onwards.

I want to make 200 at some point but it seems to be out of reach right now.

Man of Honour
OP
You're doing great matey :)

How are the wheels? Hope they look as impressive as the rest ;)

Good to see you deadlifting - I approve! :D

|Decent weight for your height, bodyfat's not too high either by the looks of things (but looks can be deceiving).

Last edited:
Soldato
My wheels are more low profile than monster truck I'm afraid. I only really do single leg press at the minute because I'm suffering from a groin injury that has made my right side incredibly weak compared to my left.

I think I'm going to begin squatting again this week but with a light weight and work my way back up from there.

I've been reading something online and I fancy trying something different.

My usual split of back and bis, chest and tris, shoulders, and legs is beginning to bore me.

The lack of cardio due to my groin problem has killed my fitness too.

Next week I'm going to begin doing...

Monday- upper
Tuesday - cardio
Wednesday - lower
Thursday - cardio
Friday - upper
Saturday - cardio.
Sunday - rest

Pretty much the Bill Phillips - body for life routine.

Ignore **** use of capital letters as I've posted this off phone :)

Caporegime
If I ever learn to cut carbs I think I could get some definition. But Im horrendous with diet.

Ive chomped a large dominos pizza tonight.

Cut carbs? It's not about cutting out the carbs, it's about eating the right carbs! So yes, a dominos pizza isn't the best thing ;)

But hey, gotta treat yourself every so often matey :) Go mad otherwise!

Caporegime
True mate.

I've only recently changed my evening meals, and it's been a pain as im eating different things that the gf, but it's got to be done. Since then, my cuts come on a fair whack :)

Hopefully it will only get better, and once I get the knack of things, I can implement more varied food once I learn how to cook better things :p

Back
Top Bottom