OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
You have the opposite problem to me, I've made it to fri/sat the last couple weeks, nice 3-4lb water weight loss, then ruined it all at the end with pizza, red bull and sweets.

Caporegime
Key on the weekends if you're going to be having a cheat meal is to play with your daytime macros.

Just go out and buy some food for the weekday evenings, keep it clean and go from there :)

Soldato
I think the key for me is to stop pinching from my daughters sweets jar, they're just so bloody tempting :D.

The pizza I had on sunday was less of an issue because I'd already done a 10k run earlier in the day, so in my mind I was only spending credits I'd already earned :p.

Soldato
Yeah you ain't wrong Delvis.

One excuse I have is the quality of food in the mess at work. It's usually just chucked together for the masses. Every meal consisting of chips and beans almost lol.

If It Fits Your Macros.

I just chomped a whole pizza the other day, it was about 70% of my carb allowance for the day, 90% of my fat allowance and 20% of my protein allowance, so I just had to be careful I didn't over-eat in terms of carbs/fat with my other meal(s).

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
If It Fits Your Macros.

I just chomped a whole pizza the other day, it was about 70% of my carb allowance for the day, 90% of my fat allowance and 20% of my protein allowance, so I just had to be careful I didn't over-eat in terms of carbs/fat with my other meal(s).

It's OK now and again, but long term isn't so great. 60g of carbs from wholesome foods is better than refined sugary carbs. The added salt and lack of good fats are also another factor.

Soldato
Just 'cause I've taken a leg pic and I've not posted in this thread for a while:
531740_10151882507280338_1883125723_n.jpg

534595_10151875417925338_646290048_n.jpg

Soldato
I eat pretty non-processed (to a macro count rather than cals), it's just the mindset it can lead to if you get obsessed/paranoid about 'clean food'. The majority of my diet hasn't been **** for 10 years and I'm still fat, just because I ate too much of it (correcting now!).

I know people who'll turn down or will attend but not participate in social gatherings involving eating any old food, are obsessed about meal timings/frequency or they freak out when they've eaten something 'unclean' to them (even if they're like, Paleo and it's something most people with an interest in fitness would eat), and punish themselves for it the next day whether by spending an extra hour in the gym or whatever. It's weird.

Not saying you should eat pizza all the time, but having one now and then shouldn't be cause for feelings of guilt or beliveing your diet plan is ruined. I get that the guy in question is admitting to indulging a little too frequently but eh.

EDIT - I'm more or less doing this:

Let me begin by challenging anyone to hit their macros on burgers, fries, shakes, & soft drinks. It won't happen. Hitting your macros is almost a self-regulating "diet cleaner". Getting some variety across the food groups helps, especially if you plan on getting enough fiber to **** with any comfortable level of regularity. I also think that making a conscious effort (not a neurotic one) to have a variety of foods hedges your bets in the direction of long-term health. In practice, roughly 10-15% of your total calories (daily or weekly - your choice) coming from whatever you damn well want does not significantly hamper progress, and in many cases actually helps. -Alan Aragon[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't gonna post pics till I was done with my cut, but thought nearly at the halfway point so why not :)

f74b0d4e.jpg

84d50c15.jpg

Both relaxed

Next one is for the loss of anabolic lighting :D
26fc721b.jpg

Just as a marker this was me Pre cut and tensing a little
27-04-12Front.jpg

Caporegime
Yeah you ain't wrong Delvis.

One excuse I have is the quality of food in the mess at work. It's usually just chucked together for the masses. Every meal consisting of chips and beans almost lol.

Are you still at Lossie?

PAYD is beyond funny, the meat portions are shocking. Without a George Foreman (which are 'banned') or a shake you would never be able to have any sort of decent diet.

Cosford food is miles better than Lossie though, so good for now.

Soldato
Are you still at Lossie?

PAYD is beyond funny, the meat portions are shocking. Without a George Foreman (which are 'banned') or a shake you would never be able to have any sort of decent diet.

Cosford food is miles better than Lossie though, so good for now.

Im back at Cosford now mate, just aint updated my profile :)

I heard PAYD was there now. That would ruin me. The foot at lossie used to be awesome. Paninis etc.

Caporegime
Food was great, at Cosford too.

Food here is reasonable, at least you can treat it as a eat as much as you want. Yeah PAYD is ruining me, its cheap and cheerful though just means spending more money on food and shakes. :/

Soldato
Cheers :)

Arms look terrible as always though :( they are getting notably bigger now ive started doing pullups so will give it a little bit of time but i might have to add a proper arm workout in :x

Need to do some leg shots as im fairly fond of my quads over any other part of me lol, definitely my strongest part :D can kinda see the shape from the bottom of that photo but not properly.

Back
Top Bottom