OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Got the clippers out this morning to see what was lying under my hair. :)

Need to improve some things for sure. I wonder how much better I'd look if I was tanned....

I can see the potential there, just need to push myself to build on it.

July_2012_01.jpg

July_2012_02.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The benefit of gaining strength is it allows you to push more weight when it comes to hypertrophy. You'll hit a plateau just lifting for hypertrophy in terms of the weight progression. For example before I did any strength training I'd never have been able to do 120-140kg for sets on squats, 110kg for sets on bench press etc. It's helped me get bigger.

Caporegime
The benefit of gaining strength is it allows you to push more weight when it comes to hypertrophy. You'll hit a plateau just lifting for hypertrophy in terms of the weight progression. For example before I did any strength training I'd never have been able to do 120-140kg for sets on squats, 110kg for sets on bench press etc. It's helped me get bigger.

Oh definitely. And it's something I should have done when I started back in July last year - Stronglifts or something.

Caporegime
But stronglifts is not something you do when you start out, so even 2 years ago, it wasn't the right thing to do. It's still not the right thing to do

Fair enough then.

All I know is, the last 2 / 3 years of my life of lifting have been a pretty big waste, and I'm now having to start over again. All for the best though :)

Man of Honour
But you've openly admitted you haven't been lifting for those whole 2 years, it's been on and off, either through injury or because you just haven't been able too. Also, you've never had a decent diet, aaaaaand you always chop and change your routine and never stick to any one routine to give it a chance

A combination of all those things is what has led you to think it's a waste of time

Caporegime
But you've openly admitted you haven't been lifting for those whole 2 years, it's been on and off, either through injury or because you just haven't been able too. Also, you've never had a decent diet, aaaaaand you always chop and change your routine and never stick to any one routine to give it a chance

A combination of all those things is what has led you to think it's a waste of time

Yep. And those injuries are still a burden! :D

Although in fairness, I did the same routine for 6 months before XMas. Just my diet was shocking so I gained a fair whack of weight, which I'm losing now thankfully :p

Under 86Kg currently, just trying to work it off still :)

Front-DoubleBicep-772012.jpg

More here

Last edited:
Caporegime
Delvis you're an ecto and until you can start eating like a bodybuilder you wont get very far.

I have a diet sorted now mate. Funny though, last time I said I was an ecto I got told to get out ;)

I'm currently cutting to get rid of excess fat made up from my noob bulk over the last 6 months. Then I'll be bulking properly.

If you wish, I can post my diet up if you don't believe me? :p

Back
Top Bottom