OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
65kg bodyweight, and once a week i will squat between 100 - 110kg x6 (4) sets
later in the week i will squat 60 - 70 for 15 x7 sets

I would say needs higher volume. squating 60-70 aint gona build much in a matural trainer. You want to be going as heavy as you can...and making mutiple sets of 10's.

So as you can do 100-110 for 6's.....you want top be going with that weight...and hitting 10..doing that for 5 sets, until you can do 5 sets of 10 then up the weight by 2.5 Kg and start over. You might have to work up to it, but it will work in the long run. The formula....heavy x mass reps is what you need to do.

Following that....3 sets to near failure with someting like Bulgarian Split squats or bar weighted lunges. Dont forget leg extension machines also...good for building mass I think.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Time for dat der Sarajevo of peace brahs, see you later!

Have fun dude

I have tried it, from low a** to floor triple dropsets, i just think its something i just need to have certain perseverance with. They will come *eventually*

Things always take time sadly! How much did you hit them before your comp? As they're a fair whack smaller than your upper body? Don;t take that personally, as everyone has an annoyiung part of their body that just doesn't seem to want to do anything :p

Following that....3 sets to near failure with someting like Bulgarian Split squats or bar weighted lunges. Dont forget leg extension machines also...good for building mass I think.

As above, have you tried Bulgarian Split Squats? Do them holding two dumbells by your side, unless you want to try the Goblet hold form. Doing those with a heavy ass weight is lovely ;). Nice and slow on the neg, then blast up.

Or do half then full reps...That'll get you ;)

Soldato
I know a lot of people do two leg sessions per week, i do a full body routine 2-3 times per week [involving low volume training], so my legs are being worked in every training session i do, but everything on the body takes time to develop.

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
Have fun dude

Things always take time sadly! How much did you hit them before your comp? As they're a fair whack smaller than your upper body? Don;t take that personally, as everyone has an annoyiung part of their body that just doesn't seem to want to do anything :p

As above, have you tried Bulgarian Split Squats? Do them holding two dumbells by your side, unless you want to try the Goblet hold form. Doing those with a heavy ass weight is lovely ;). Nice and slow on the neg, then blast up.

Or do half then full reps...That'll get you ;)

Thank you for the advice Toxic

Delvis- I hit them a LOT more than normal for the shoot, but the thing that is becomming apparent is the more i delve into this industry. Sponsors, agents etc dont really care about legs they merely want to see upper body development (ABS) it's a real shame.

I am turning up for an upcomming shoot in August with Shorts. Regardless of recommendations.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Delvis- I hit them a LOT more than normal for the shoot, but the thing that is becomming apparent is the more i delve into this industry. Sponsors, agents etc dont really care about legs they merely want to see upper body development (ABS) it's a real shame.

I am turning up for an upcomming shoot in August with Shorts. Regardless of recommendations.

Fair game. It is sad.

You just need to do something different and stick with it for a bit, then each month do something completely random and superset the hell out of them. Just make sure you give them time to recover I guess? :o

Soldato
Kai do you have a plate loaded leg press near you? One with an incline?

I found that my legs are finally sttarting to get their old shape back since using that and making sure my leg about touch my chest coming back on each rep.

I can't squat at all and it helps.

Although it's all about volume, I do about 125-145 reps on the leg press. 60 of which are at my maximum work load which my back can handle.

Leg press plate loaded
70kg x5
90kg x10
100kg x5
120kg x3
140kg x2
160kg x12 5 sets
Drop sets
110kg x20
90kg x20

Seated hamstring curler
130kg x12 5 sets (280lbs)

Leg extensions
130kg x12 5 sets (280lbs)

Leg press/ calve toe presses
110kg x20 5 sets

Directly after toe presses
Leg press
110kg x20

Man of Honour
Actually, thinking back a few years, one thing I remember really making my legs grow was 10x10 on a leg press with strict 90 second rests.

Associate
Have not posted in here before. Just getting back into due to finishing Uni. Made me lose pretty much a stone in final year due to stress and not having time to train nor a perfect diet.

Back to around 10stone 6-7 after a solid month of training.

517tlc.jpg

Soldato
Actually that's pretty good for that kind of a weight. I bet you always create the impression you are heavier than what you are by about 2 stone. Great shape to build on assuming your legs are in proprtion?

Associate
Really starting to get annoyed now - legs, are so far behind everything else at the moment !! i train them x2 a week and have done for a good 8 months as oppose to the one session.

Nothing seems to be working :(

i think this actually could be the first time the pins* have been shown on the forum :s sad times.

I have no idea what you eat, or what routine you do, apart from the fact that you train legs twice a week. In my experience bulking up legs has always worked best with plenty of rest, and by eating a lot more. Without those two keys things, my legs would never have grew, as I myself am of a slim frame, so don't have a natural disposition to large muscle mass. Also doing any kind of running / jogging may seriously effect your recovery, and will also switch on the slower twitch fibers, which is not good if you want recruit primarily the faster twitch types for squatting. Interval sprints should be ok though.

Obviously a side effect of eating more, will mean more body fat. Unless your doing drugs or have amazing gifted genetics there is not a lot you can do, but in my experience it is the only way you will get big gains in your legs. I would also suggest training them hard just once a week. Two times maybe too much if your also doing dead lifts on a different day. Training legs twice a week and doing a heavy dead lift day is probably not enough rest for your posterior chain. Obviously I don't know whether you do this, but its worth keeping in mind.

Soldato
Hey guys, just taken my 3 month progress pic after having recovered from cancer op/treatment in the first. 18lbs difference between the two.

comparisonedit.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom