OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

kai

kai

Soldato
Really starting to get annoyed now - legs, are so far behind everything else at the moment !! i train them x2 a week and have done for a good 8 months as oppose to the one session.

Nothing seems to be working :(

i think this actually could be the first time the pins* have been shown on the forum :s sad times.

fullok.jpg

kai

kai

Soldato
Tried higher rep ranges? Like 15-20 reps?

Yep, even GVT.

At the moment im doing Giant Sets.

There are things like Quad rippers in there and failure to failure to failure really exhausting the muscle. It's getting annoying as i feel they are getting left behind.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
If i spend anymore time in the squat rack they are going to start charging me rent. :rolleyes:

I just hope it's something that will start to come all of a sudden without me noticing (live and hope) :rolleyes:

I'm saying squat big.

Layne Norton said it best.

One basic concept that convinced me it was important to use heavy weights was that it just made sense to me when I tried to find skinny people who squatted or deadlifted super heavy weights. Come to find out it’s hard to have chicken legs and have a really good squat. I told myself “I am going to squat 500 lbs for reps because there is no way I’ll be able to do that with skinny legs.” I’m sure there are people out there who squat over 500 lbs for reps and do not have impressive leg development, but I certainly haven’t met them yet. So I set out on a quest to squat 500 lbs and deadlift over 600 lbs.

Soldato
2012-07-16114443.jpg

And the leg shot as people keep posting these!

2012-07-16114501.jpg

I have never really been able to gain much in size! I would say I am probably on par with how strong I use to feel when I trained religiously a few years back. Last two weeks I have concentrated on my diet a bit more and completely cut out snacking on biscuits and chocolate etc.. my dinner in the evenings has improved as well. Finding it hard to consume the right amount of calories.
I work as a postman so do around 4-5 miles a day, Monday I do gym and kick boxing in the evening so it's a pretty heavy day. Wednesday gym, Friday gym and I sometimes go running in the week. Not very far but I guess it all adds up to me needing more cals!
Currently weigh around 11 stone, 5ft9 and my body fat isn't to high.

ps I suck at getting pictures, quite difficult to get one of yourself.

Soldato
If i spend anymore time in the squat rack they are going to start charging me rent. :rolleyes:

I just hope it's something that will start to come all of a sudden without me noticing (live and hope) :rolleyes:

Take measurements some times it's harder to see progress then it is to measure it ;)

Soldato
Add in a bit of variation. Try dropping the weight a bit and doing very slow squats with a 3s hold at the bottom. My legs were so pumped I could barely walk after a few sets of those.

kai

kai

Soldato
Add in a bit of variation. Try dropping the weight a bit and doing very slow squats with a 3s hold at the bottom. My legs were so pumped I could barely walk after a few sets of those.

I have tried it, from low a** to floor triple dropsets, i just think its something i just need to have certain perseverance with. They will come *eventually*

Back
Top Bottom