OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
nuts have more, but you won't eat nearly as much of them as they are more "filling" than fruit. Fruit actually does the opposite in my experience.

That might be true, but this line of reasoning bears no resemblance to your original post. Using the reasoning you put forward there, you were completely wrong.

Caporegime
What line of reasoning are you referring to? The line of reasoning that snacking on nuts and olives is better than snacking on sugary fruit? Or some other reasoning that only exists in your imagination?

Last edited:
Associate
TO be fair I'd rather have my 500grams of strawberries(which is 135 calories) than the equivalent 19 grams of nuts. :D
Filling or not, it tastes 100 times better and you simply get bored of eating, whereas with the nuts you can easily keep on shoveling and end up eating 1000 calories in 5 minutes.

Syla5 - no pain no gain mate waxing does show the definition so much better. Looking lean and mean but I don't think you're 15% bf though, should be a bit lower especially with that adonis belt going on. Considering the amount you've been training and your power to weight ratio I think you've done remarkably well so congratulations on that.

regulus - congratulations for the massive weight loss, lighting doesn't do you justice at all in that picture and neither does the chest rug. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
regulus - congratulations for the massive weight loss, lighting doesn't do you justice at all in that picture and neither does the chest rug. :p

Whaaa? I specially trimmed for the occasion! :p

Not too worried about lighting or wayward hair. But you're right, I know I look much better than what I do in that photo. All I care about right now is to lose the last bit of fat. I'll most likely jump on the Insanity workout for a month and couple that with my usual weight training of 3-4 times a week. I've come a long way the last 6 months. Need to double the effort now.

Associate
What line of reasoning are you referring to? The line of reasoning that snacking on nuts and olives is better than snacking on sugary fruit? Or some other reasoning that only exists in your imagination?

I'm not bring cryptic, what you stated was pretty straightforwardly wrong.

"Lose the fruits and snack on nuts or something like olives."
Why?

"Fructose/Dextrose are high in calories"
But... nuts are even higher in calories... because of the fat.

"and burn very quickly"
Ok? What does that even mean in terms of weight loss?
(I do however know what you're alluding to here, but it has nothing to do with the number of calories and you haven't explained this part at all, only when I questioned you)

When I'm talking about your reasoning, I mean that your conclusion (nuts better than fruit) does not follow the premises (fruit is high in calories).

hux

hux

Soldato
Cheers. I'll post the 'before' pics once I've hit my target of 85kg. Truth be told, I'm ashamed I ever got that high in weight :(. Kept bulking until it got out of control.

Been there got that little badge, weight got to 17st 4lb and i've been dieting since 19th september last year.

Currently around 14st 4lb, it's taken this long as i intended to recomp not just flat out diet, last thing i wanted to lose was any size and it's worked out a treat.

Give it another month and i should see my abs.

Diet wise i would suggest you aim for around 1800kcals, low in good fats around 80g or so low gi carbs and the rest in protein of course.

Keto was good for me initially, but i found the leaner i got the more my body favored less fats and more carbs.

If you're willing to, a good product is recompadrol, it mimics insulin helping shuttle nutrients to the muscle, and not be stored as fat.

It's really helped me, as my insulin sensitivity really sucks.

Soldato
Cheers cristian, I still have a good 8-10 lb to loose and I have a pretty naughty weekend with a wedding so maybe put on a couple there as well. I think the belt is a bit to flattering to be honest it's a combination of muscle and well located fat haha ;)
Can't wait to start my HST routine so may have to really hammer the diet and get things done in 4 weeks not 6

Associate
Just getting my shouldlers near even after 4 opps on the weaker left, when i have shredded a tendon in my right rotor-cuff, just got booked in for the same op as my left i had done May 2011, reattach tendon and mill some bone out around rotor-cuff to make a bit more room, need a younger body.
IMG_2499.jpg

Soldato
I'll try to get some proper pics at some point, but here's a snap from a recent party. I don't consider myself a bodybuilder, I just enjoy lifting and trying to stay in shape.

OdYL3.jpg

Permabanned
I do have feelings you know. :'(

ha yeah a man with feelings next thing you'll be telling me you have a feminine side and you think its nice to share your troubles. Im off to eat another chicken, live.

seriously tho u cant really post in here in a shirt we got skinny guys fat guys ripped guys stacked guys and just plain ugly guys. Best way to get realistic about yourself is to post it in public.

Caporegime
I'm not bring cryptic, what you stated was pretty straightforwardly wrong.

"Lose the fruits and snack on nuts or something like olives."
Why?

"Fructose/Dextrose are high in calories"
But... nuts are even higher in calories... because of the fat.

"and burn very quickly"
Ok? What does that even mean in terms of weight loss?
(I do however know what you're alluding to here, but it has nothing to do with the number of calories and you haven't explained this part at all, only when I questioned you)

When I'm talking about your reasoning, I mean that your conclusion (nuts better than fruit) does not follow the premises (fruit is high in calories).
I should have used "that burn quickly" rather than "and burn quickly" :)

Back
Top Bottom