OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

kai

kai

Soldato
Cheers buddy. How's the lean bulk going?

The bulk is complete 36 days of eating, more eating and lot's of cardio.

2.5kg total heavier, granted it will be 90% + fat but going off the mirror which is what counts not the scales i appear more defined and looking better.

capturetui.png

Last edited:
Soldato
nice work kai! i would be suprised if the 2.5kg is 90% fat mate, more likely 70% fat 30% muscle, over the 36 days it is not unfeasable to have added 2lb of muscle especially with your dedication.

kai

kai

Soldato
nice work kai! i would be suprised if the 2.5kg is 90% fat mate, more likely 70% fat 30% muscle, over the 36 days it is not unfeasable to have added 2lb of muscle especially with your dedication.

Thank you, so plan i think is to keep going ! currently 67.5kg and till i hit the magic 75kg this is no doubt going to take an insane amount of time.

The only thing is if i really want to continue getting up at 6:00am for cardio and abs before work while the cost associated eating copious amounts of steak.

Man of Honour
Seriously, I think people over estimate just how much someone natural can gain and how quickly, with someone who has done this as long as you have (way beyond noob gains I mean), you'd be hard pushed to put 2lbs on in 6 months, but in 36 days!?. 4-5lbs a year is a VERY good year if you don't put a foot wrong all year and do every right diet wise and workout wise, even than that's asking a lot

kai

kai

Soldato
It's those grenade supplements brah ;)

Only teasing :)

advocate and all that ;)

Seriously, I think people over estimate just how much someone natural can gain and how quickly, with someone who has done this as long as you have (way beyond noob gains I mean), you'd be hard pushed to put 2lbs on in 6 months, but in 36 days!?. 4-5lbs a year is a VERY good year if you don't put a foot wrong all year and do every right diet wise and workout wise, even than that's asking a lot

I am aware of this, hence the 90% maybe it should been 90+ maybe 99.9% but learnt to go off the mirror as oppose to scales as they are pointless numbers generated at the moment ;)

Soldato
I am gonna stand my ground on this, I am happy to take a knocking if my information is wrong, but i have found very little to support you can that a gain of 4-5lbs muscle weight a year is very good, and a lot of support for 1-2lb of muscle per month is entirely reasonable.

Is there any research infromation you can link to me steedie so i can get a better understanding of 4-5lbs per year being very good as i need to be realistic with myself.

Also i clearly said that 2lbs was feasable not a definate! and given Kai's effort i would be very suprised if he wasnt close to that point.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
There's a certain amount of free muscle you get when you first start training - noobie gains. As the body grows and adapts the stimulus to grow becomes greater and the body doesn't respond as much to training. This is why natural guys hit a point where they don't really gain much.

Otherwise after 8 years I'd be a massive beast.

Soldato
There's a certain amount of free muscle you get when you first start training - noobie gains. As the body grows and adapts the stimulus to grow becomes greater and the body doesn't respond as much to training. This is why natural guys hit a point where they don't really gain much.

Otherwise after 8 years I'd be a massive beast.

Yeap i understand this but i also understand that you still need to support the growth with a really good diet, changing things up can restimulate the growth, and that you can expect to be able to pack on a fair amount of muscle mass before hitting natural limits and also before really starting to eat in to the effects of dimishing returns.

1-2lb per month gain in training year 3 is still acceptable, especially given the change of direct kai has made recently regarding his diet and training.

Agreed 8 years in smashing out similar training and similar diet etc gains will be minimal, (and dont forget your already a beast that easily carries 20lb more muscle mass then kai!!) but my point is that 1-2lb is not a mythical figure and is not in the lands of juicers alone and it kinda bugs me that this is a view that i only see here.

Hopefully my planned next 6 months or so will hopefully go some way to disproving this but it will be very hard to be accurate, lets let the the mirror do the talking :D

Man of Honour
If after 3 years you're able to get 1-2lb per month then you are a freak of nature, and I'll also drink nothing but my own urine for a year.

It's just not going to happen, if you absolutely got everything spot on and did everything right, 8 hours+ sleep a night, diet was excellent, training was flawlessly done, no alcohol, no skipping meals etc, then and even then, I'd say 1-2lbs a month is just beyond ambitious

To put it in perspective, one of the BNBF guys who recently went pro in the natty divisions (he's 27 by the way so still young) gave a seminar recently and said that in his off season, he can hope to gain 4-5lbs a year max if he does everything right. Now that's someone who does this for a living, so I don't know what you're able to do differently to him but I'm sure he'd love to know :p

Permabanned
I think un natural gains of 1-2lbs a month are about plausible, but even that will diminish as you hit the arnie size, way smaller than the beasts that compete today, thats when growth hormone becomes the thing.

Not only do i agree that the ability to put on muscle naturally is vastly overestimated, i believe the scope for growth for a natty is also vastly overestimated. Lie for example, imo, is not very far off the maximum size most folk could attain naturally at his height/bodyfat, maybe 5-10lbs max could be added at a push.

So many actors go from slim to beefcake in 18 months or somtimes far far less, that i guess the public assumes its possible, ignoring the fact that steroids will be heavily involved in almost all cases, under medical supervision, whilst a perfect plan of training and nutrition is obseved.

Soldato
I don't doubt it's hard to gain 1-2 lb in 36 days but I do think that it's far from mythic ally unachievable.

I think diminishing returns will play a massive effect but if your at, or closer to the start of that curve obviously the easier and more believable the gain is going to be. I would be very suprised if natty bnbf guy was anywhere near the start of his lifting journey and so I can truely believe the 4-5lb being a very very good year.

I am also believer in the limits a natty can go to before hitting a so called wall, again from numerous reading material (not scientific so I don't know why I asked for research to be linked to me earlier lol) the limit of natural lean muscle mass is adding around 40-50lb. If your only around the 15-20lb mark currently on top of what is normal, which is about where I see myself, Your defiantly in to the curve but nowhere near the wall. I would see Kai in a similar position, again hence my comments.

LiE has been lifting 8 years, is easily no more then 12% BF and is 35lb heavier then Kai. I would guess they are roughly the same height and Kai is probably around 10% bf or lower. So you can see they are at far different ends of the scale in terms of LBM, again hence my earlier comments and beliefs that it's possible to gain more then 0.5lb in 36 days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom