OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
It's measuring the LBM gain that's annoying. Wouldn't it be amazing to accurately assess your LBM at home? I've gained 5kg since April but who knows what it is, honestly it feels like 100% fat but I just keep telling myself it can't be!

Associate
I can't say I'm a body builder personally but I do spend 3 or 4 days a week at the gym, really trying to improve myself, I've posted in the other threads but thought it was time I jumped in the bandwagon :D

OcUKBB.jpg

Took picture for my own reference really, I've been going to the gym for ~ 11 months now and I'd like to compare this with next year. Before I started I was ~8st, I'm now 10st!

* Expects much criticism *

Associate
all this talk of bf%
go do a hydrostatic weigh session, if done correctly is the best way to measure any LBM gains over time. any other measurements are pretty much guestimates.

depending on hydration electrostatic +/- 3-4% normally
harpenden 9 point 3- 4%
harpenden 4 poiont 3- 6%

varaible

hydrostatic 1-3% normally. dependent on water temp and elevation etc etc

it used to be said that 10lb of natural lean density/yr was hard to gain
however it varies with age (normal drop of pt is ave 27 years for males)
with various shall we say artificial means it can be increased or extended

so that % gains in LBM are higher in puberty to mid 20s and gains at above 25% can be found in males at 30 - 40 years of age

Man of Honour
OP
You cannot keep putting on muscle for ever. You can never get to Arnie size unless you are a freak of nature. Even if you train twice a day, didn't have to go to work, had perfect nutrition, perfect life (good mix of stress and happiness).Our bodies are just not designed to be like that. That's why genetics and "strongest survive" and dominant genes preside over that fact. Bean lean and "muscly" is more natural than beefy and lean. i.e. Greek and Roman soldiers were the epitome of "natural" athleticism in human beings, great diet, and not super bulky, but lean and strong.

Sure, we will evolve, and change over time as our genetic pool modifies itself and changes. However, if you look at a standard distribution curve 95% of people will fall in the middle, and I can guarantee that it'll only be the 2.5% that fall in the 1-2lbs a month category if that.

Yes you can keep stimulating , change diets, etc... However, there will be a balance between being lean and muscle mass that has to be taken into consideration.

Also in that SD curve, you have to take a sample of people at the same BF% and maintaining that BF% throughout the study, else it's called data cleansing/skewing.

If you're allowed to increase your BF% or decease it that SD curve is straight away useless and the measure is no longer valid. So we can look at all the studies available at the moment, none really can offer any definitive answers, however, it's clear that if we could all do it, there would be meatheads everywhere - there aren't. And the ones that are, get there artificially, or are genetically predisposed (some of the strongmen for example).

Caporegime
As the guys at the meet in Muscleworks bore witness.. my BF% is currently at "lolyoufatmammajamma".

:)

p.s. that was the last time I did any kind of work out as well, due to pulling that muscle in my back in the week before :(

Associate
I know im skinny :p, still trying to get this eating a lot more in!

However strength going up very well. Just done 80kg(Olympic Bar) walking lunges for 20metres then turn and repeat, very pleased with that.

423538_10151339548438065_894408310_n.jpg

Permabanned
I know im skinny :p, still trying to get this eating a lot more in!

However strength going up very well. Just done 80kg(Olympic Bar) walking lunges for 20metres then turn and repeat, very pleased with that.

Thats a real odd exercise to quote decent low 80kg lunges would necessitate a squat of around 130kg imo whats your squat at? And yes you are skinny get eating or you wont ever grow no matter how big your lunges get.

Associate
Thats a real odd exercise to quote decent low 80kg lunges would necessitate a squat of around 130kg imo whats your squat at? And yes you are skinny get eating or you wont ever grow no matter how big your lunges get.

Squats are at 120kG, 130 for around 2PB reps. Have increased quite well in the squats area. Dead lifting failing abit due to my grip just failing me all the time!.

Back
Top Bottom