OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Caporegime
Nah, Steedie can have an even more awesome body without said sauce, just needs a change in training really. Up to him mind.

And half that sentence makes no sense to me :p Was you drunk? :o ;)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yes, but the size you attain isn't as impressive. Nothing like someone thinking you're on juice when you've never touched it. Every guy I see in the gym who has taken it I dismiss their size as something of a lesser achievement, sure they put in the time but the muscle they carry came as a result of sticking a needle in their ass. If you can only get so big naturally, why worry? Why this need stress your body so you can carry more muscle is beyond me.

Soldato
It's down to peoples goals man.

Some people don't want to spend 6+ years being meticulous with their diets to gain the mass or strength. I mean, once you start juicing, you can live a relatively normal life and still far surpass a natural lifter. Fast food, drinking, not having to worry about preparing 5 meals every evening for the next day........

It's a different life style, it's a different set of challenges. Sure, you want to be big and natural - you certainly won't find me scoffing you for that. Why dismiss people just for choosing a different path to yours?

Caporegime
What? It would be above and beyond awesomeness on dat der horse jooce. Natty would take years longer to get the sort of gains he wants........

Meh, still think he should do something different other than the cycling challenge. Loads of different options to choose really - None of my busines what anyone chooses though :)

I agree with LiE really, each to their own and all that everyone wants different things, but I'd rather stick the work in (naturally I mean, I know you still have to work hard on the unicycle), yes it will take a few more years, but as I've always said, I'm not doing this as a fad or a one off for a few years.

Hopefully get some more pics at the start of next month, need to compare whats changed since June/July :)

Man of Honour
OP
That's not quite right Wills. You have to be just as meticulous else you just gain as much fat as a non juicer. Depending on what compounds you take drinking and liver toxicity is also an issue. As far as I'm concerned and from those around me that have done and do do it, you possibly have to be even more meticulous with your diet - unless you're happy to bloat and gain crap as well as a muscle. Sure, you'll gain more muscle more quickly - but what's the point when you lose it all when you stop and lose it all if you're following a rubbish diet? Unless of course you don't care about gaining fat, and a lot of muscle at the same time. However you then have to do all the cutting too, in which case you lose a lot of the bulk/muscle you worked so hard to get and put your body through artificial imbalances to achieve.

The reason why natural's muscles look harder and better is that they're less likely to atrophy or at least the muscle density will be higher owing to the fact that the body is not getting there artificially - you **** up with homeostasis, and when the balances change again everything tries to revert you back to where you were before - and in some cases other drugs have to be taken to shock your body back to "normal". Perfectly safely, if you're able to get the support and information, but at the same time it's not as simple as people think.

Back OT, Ice - I'd almost switch teams... almost. You're like a less hairy leaner version of me, except a LOT stronger!

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree with the fat gain, but at least you'd be gaining a lot more muscle mass at the same time than a natural lifter though.

I completely accept it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I don't like the ridiculous notion that juicers are cheaters and don't have to work hard to reap the benefits.

Man of Honour
OP
Oh they still have to work hard. That's a given. :)

And the facts are plain, you DO develop more muscle. However, it's short term, your body will find it difficult to maintain that mass naturally post cycle.

I find it less impressive, and am not awe inspired by the mass monsters - sure they're impressive to look at, but I still think - I can probably lift as much as you and I'm natural. :p

So many people have gained so much from doing a lot of bike riding, but have lost it all as well, because it was unsustainable naturally, unless of course you ride for the rest of your life (which some people do).

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Look if you want to get ripped/big quickly that's fine, but it doesn't hold a candle to the amount of hard work and time someone puts in to obtain a natural impressive physic.

I haven't seen a single guy on the bicycle who can lift as much as me in my gym, except for a couple guys who are 100kg +, and they don't lift much more.

Permabanned
Look if you want to get ripped/big quickly that's fine, but it doesn't hold a candle to the amount of hard work and time someone puts in to obtain a natural impressive physic.

I haven't seen a single guy on the bicycle who can lift as much as me in my gym, except for a couple guys who are 100kg +, and they don't lift much more.

The sad reality is its a combination of what monkee says and typical mentalities of lifters. Juicers by their very nature lack the work ethic of a natty, at least in general and they certainly dont NEED to be as meticulous about their diet (i stress NEED they SHOULD but many dont). Weight loss is easier as you get strong thermo from test, muscle is never lost on cycle give or take, even if you starved yourself you would retain a lot of mass. Training itself is easier, you gain mass constantly, numbers go up every week of a cycle no question sometimes in large jumps. Everything becomes mechanical, effort + food + rest = gains, very linear gains that are continuous week on week.

When it comes to relative strength within a weight category steroids do far less, you need a naturally good CNS and many other natural genetic advantages (or few genetic weaknesses) in order to be "strong for your weight". Steroids will only help at the top end >100kg where mass can go mad. Otherwise its all short duration 'cheat' compounds like mTren that can boost lifting capacity by over 20% almost instantly. This is the side of juicing i hate as its plain cheating.

Personally? I have poor genetics for powerlifting, very oestrogen dominant, long bones, natural propensity for fat retention. Im 28 yrs old and i want to be reasonably big and compete in some strongman before i get old and die. I dont want to look back and regret what i achieved in weight training, im prepared to go the decent lengths to get where i want and i do not believe the risks associated with steroid use are as severe or likely as the masses believe. I work very hard, people i train and train with are all natty and they leave the gym destroyed, whilst achieving much more than many in less time. I work harder and longer because i can. Is it easier? Not really. But the return on investment is far better.

Caporegime

Training for looks, not for strength. All show and no go!

Associate
There are a number of young lads started on gear down my gym and im finding it hard to stop myself laughing at them every day. They load up the bench press with 100 kg press it 6 to 8 inches down with there mate spotting it and back up, just why. Load up the leg press and press that 5 inches, squat to a 8 inch depth and swing bicep curls around like monkeys. Sick of trying to explain to them all you get back is well im growing. Boys will be boys, even some of the more hard core juice boys are a weak as kittens. I like been old and strong.

Back
Top Bottom