OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Can't be bothered really mate. Get training then I'll banter :o

;)

bf9.gif

Soldato
IT'S ABOUT CALORIES NOT THE MACROS.

700 calories of chips is the same as 700 calories of sweet potato which is the same as 700 calories of butter. No one ever said they will have the same macro breakdown, that's the whole point of IIFYM. Hit your protein and go crazy.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The point Syla5 made was that it's what you eat on the weekend not how much you eat. This may be the case for him, especially if the difference between a clean weekend diet and just eating whatever is quite large. However, for myself, I eat no more than 2500 calories on a weekend day, which for me is cut territory.

If I eat 2000 cals of pizza, chips and cake, I'll still lose weight the same as if I eat 2000 cals of chicken breast, rice, veg etc. It's just easier to be strict and quantify things when controlling the diet on the weekend.

It's detrimental to gaining size if you don't eat enough on the weekend.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
That level of cleanness - removing excess water and bloat, isn't what most people aim for on a cut. They are looking to drop weight and be realistic with eating. Sure you can stick to a very strict fish and oat cakes diet and get a different 'look', but that's not realistic for every day. So you may as well suck it up and eat a bit more relaxed and look a little less 'dry', but still lean.

Do I look bad because I eat non-clean foods on the weekend? No. Could I look slightly more defined if I was super strict. Yep. But the trade-off is not worth it.

Soldato
It's a little bit of a few posts. When I changed up my diet the calories actually stayed about the same but there wasa big difference in how clean the food was and it made a difference to how my body handled the food. At the end of my bulk I was on 2700cal a day, and at weekends I would normally not get within 500 of this! while at the start of my cut my cals were around 2600, but the food was a shed load cleaner. More carbs, less fat, and better carbs as well.
At the moment, my body seems to be very calorie sensitive and even eating clean, I have had to drop to 1800 cals to continue the downward track of weight loss. Having had a couple of off days, even kbeing reasonably restrained still with how much I ate, every time I ate fattier, less clean foods, I failed to lose weight that week.

Stayed at around 2600 cals for about 8 weeks of my cut and managed to drop a stone beforeo had to re-evaluate what the cut diet. Eating less is still not the same as eating clean, and your body might handle it very differently, so don't rule out being strict at the weekends, for a couple of months maybe just to see how you get on.

Caporegime
That level of cleanness - removing excess water and bloat, isn't what most people aim for on a cut. They are looking to drop weight and be realistic with eating. Sure you can stick to a very strict fish and oat cakes diet and get a different 'look', but that's not realistic for every day. So you may as well suck it up and eat a bit more relaxed and look a little less 'dry', but still lean.

Do I look bad because I eat non-clean foods on the weekend? No. Could I look slightly more defined if I was super strict. Yep. But the trade-off is not worth it.

Oh indeed.

My week evening food varies, generally it will be fish with some potato substance (sweet, white, whatever) other times it'll be slow cooked chicken, or some other random thing. But it tends to be cleaner than it has been previously.

Weekends are a bit mroe relaxed, but I just make sure I eat less of the shoody food if there is any...seeing as im on a cut and all

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It's a little bit of a few posts. When I changed up my diet the calories actually stayed about the same but there wasa big difference in how clean the food was and it made a difference to how my body handled the food. At the end of my bulk I was on 2700cal a day, and at weekends I would normally not get within 500 of this! while at the start of my cut my cals were around 2600, but the food was a shed load cleaner. More carbs, less fat, and better carbs as well.
At the moment, my body seems to be very calorie sensitive and even eating clean, I have had to drop to 1800 cals to continue the downward track of weight loss. Having had a couple of off days, even kbeing reasonably restrained still with how much I ate, every time I ate fattier, less clean foods, I failed to lose weight that week.

Stayed at around 2600 cals for about 8 weeks of my cut and managed to drop a stone beforeo had to re-evaluate what the cut diet. Eating less is still not the same as eating clean, and your body might handle it very differently, so don't rule out being strict at the weekends, for a couple of months maybe just to see how you get on.

Eating clean may shed excess water/bloat from the body, it's what the guys do to cut down for a contest. You would have still lost weight with the same calories, you would just have held more water and things wouldn't have been so clear.

Also by making sure you eat the exact same foods day in day out you can easily monitor and adjust the diet to suit. When you eat whatever at the weekend you are adding in some variance which makes things hard to track.

That doesn't discount that eating reduced calories in a non-clean way won't lead to cutting.

If you can eat the same thing day in day out that's great. I don't think it's fair to say that eating non-clean basically undoes all the hard work.

Soldato
Oh lawd, what have we started.

The point I was making Delvis, was that by changing your evening meal from kiev etc. to more 'clean' food what the ACTUAL effect was was a drop in calories. The fact the food is 'cleaner' has no/little baring on what happens but the fact you inadvertently reduced you calorie intake does ;).

FWIW I had at least McD's a week for the entirety of my forevercut, from 133kg-74kg. Not a single **** was given. And I still do, my names Chris and I'm a JunkFoodAholic.

Caporegime
Oh no, if you eat fry ups it's fine, as long as it's below your maintenence (if you are cutting) and above (if you are bulking)

I'd just rather not eat fry ups each day. I did, and gained a lot of excess fat, hence the cut.

Back
Top Bottom