OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Oh no, if you eat fry ups it's fine, as long as it's below your maintenence (if you are cutting) and above (if you are bulking)

I'd just rather not eat fry ups each day. I did, and gained a lot of excess fat, hence the cut.

I probably have around 3 a week. I am starting to get a big sick of supermarket sausages though, found what I thought was a decent butcher but that didn't last too long as the meat was crap after a while :(

Going to give these a try http://www.marthastewart.com/341904/simple-homemade-sausage-patties - oh noes, end of the world.

Man of Honour
You shouldn't let your dislike of UE cloud your interpretation of what he's saying.

He didn't say that you should never have fry ups. He had a go at you because he was trying to explain to someone else that having "bad" food before exercise would hurt fat loss progress.

Then it... escalated :p

Soldato
Eating clean may shed excess water/bloat from the body, it's what the guys do to cut down for a contest. You would have still lost weight with the same calories, you would just have held more water and things wouldn't have been so clear.

I would be shocked if the first stone I lost was down to water, and that it took me 8 weeks to shift that! And I Was gaining weight on the same calories but dirtier diet! Unless I was extremely underestimating my evening meals, and massively exceeding what I thought I was having at the weekends, but I like to think I was in the ball park.

If you can eat the same thing day in day out that's great. I don't think it's fair to say that eating non-clean basically undoes all the hard work.

I am not saying it undoes all the hard work, far from it. Your a perfect example of having plenty of uncleanness in your diet and still staying lean. What you might see however is that if you did switch to a cleaner diet (evenings and weekends strict) on similar cals you might see improvements quicker, not that you wouldn't see improvements if you just cut cals :)

Soldato
I would be shocked if the first stone I lost was down to water, and that it took me 8 weeks to shift that! And I Was gaining weight on the same calories but dirtier diet! Unless I was extremely underestimating my evening meals, and massively exceeding what I thought I was having at the weekends, but I like to think I was in the ball park.

I was losing 2lbs a week while eating a pint of ben+jerrys a day with the rest of my calories coming from a lean meat+veg meal, a few shakes and whatever other crap i needed to hit my cals. Either your body defys science or you miscalculated something :p

Associate
Just having a personal moment early in the morning after plenty of beers, would just like to pay tribute to my mentor, Pete Tansey who passed away last year.
423040_304935939569736_100001599969970_905947_1026564991_n1-1.jpg

27 years ago he taught and trained me, the old fashion hard way blood and guts, i owe this guy, you had to be there in the day to know him, and his ways.

Last edited:
Associate
icecold - absolutely hench looking there mate, a bit of anabolic lighting going on but nevertheless very solid. By the look of your arms I take it you have started bicep curling as well yes? ;)

Dom - lean and mean - good stuff

Steedie - serious thickness going on there, good stuff.

Fireskull - certainly no doyouevenlift going on, solid shoulders an lats and a good lean base overall

Delvis - looks you you're trimming down quite a bit, keep up the good work

Syla5 - great progress mate, really goes to show what consistent training and the advice of an experienced lifter can do

tom_e - I still remember your initial pictures and the progress is great, but I think this is the point where you need to sit down, rethink about diet, get rid of the hair and take it to the next level for a few months. After that sell your pictures with before/after to a supp company to make some money. ;)

LiE- hench as usual.

KiNgPiN83 - congratulations for the weight loss, now start eating and lifting properly. :p

Associate
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom