OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
I believe the struggling part is due to him not being able to eat certain foods...Which I admit, must be damn annoying

To be fair I haven't seen any pictures but I remember sigma being a fairly light bloke so certain foods or not bulking is the easiest thing one can do.

Because for the love of God - make sure you get your proteins and a bit of healthy fats but the rest of the diet doesn't have to be boiled turkey breast!
IIFYM can be taken on board and while I won't encourage you to eat at McDonalds every day just shovel anything that you like within reason, lift reasonably heavy with lots of volume and you WILL grow.
Apart from the junk food that the British are blessed with there are countless foods at there that taste amazing and have decent nutritional value so by all means shovel up and grow.

Associate
I believe the struggling part is due to him not being able to eat certain foods...Which I admit, must be damn annoying

Red meat was on the list of things he can he though wasn't it, so he should be reet.

He definitely needs to start a log, as FF states. He needs a proper diet plan and a proper routine that gets him in the gym 3 or 4 times per week.

I saw the pics; I'm not going to say anything disparaging, but he would definitely benefit from some guidance, or even better, a knowledgable training partner.

Caporegime
Right to clarify...I'm aware that he needs to eat more, I never said he didn't (hell, I had to when I started again back last summer, and I gained weight) I was just pointing out the intolerences he has towards some foods.

Sigma, in short, log your foods, and eat like a mofo :p

EDIT: like myself, yes I had to just eat more but I had money issues at the time and still do, so it wasn't just a case of buy loads of red meat, drink lots of milk and down lots of powdered oats, I literally couldn't afford it. Luckily, thanks to the help of Steedie and a few others, I've found a way of being able to afford what I can

Man of Honour
OP
I know of a someone who is a vegan, but is pretty massive and reasonably cut. So he doesn't eat meat or fish. However, he does supplement his diet a lot because, well, frankly, he can't get all his nutrients from his diet. He does eat shed loads though. Still decent fats and protein, but he has to be a bit more aware of foods he eats to ensure he gets as much nutrition as he can - he clearly eats a lot of carbs - which let's face it, is necessary anyway.

Omnivores have no excuse at all for getting the calorific intake and variation in the diet.

Associate
Sigma, in short, log your foods, and eat like a mofo :p

I understand the sentiment of this, so this isn't criticism of your advice, but be careful how literally you take this. Yes, lots of good quality nutrition is important, but only if what is being done in the gym justifies it. If he's going twice a week and doing half arsed workouts, then there's more than just diet that needs looking at.

This might be a rash judgement based on a few pics and I don't know sigmas training history (anything from 3 to 18 years from what I've read:rolleyes:) but I'd question whether he's being training often/intensly enough.

Soldato
Sigma - you've got to accept some constructive criticism - that's the only way we improve ourselves, is to accept the projection that others perceive of ourselves.

Other than your post and Chris' post I see no criticism? Just UE finding an opportunity to beat his chest a bit.

I admit, UE's sometimes a bit harsh with you, and you two clearly clash (a little pathetic from both of you if you ask me... but anyway).

Well my gripe with UE started when he said that I was a shining example of everything that is wrong with this forum. I took that as a pretty big insult, considering nobody knows of my personal situation, equally I do not know anyone personally on here either. Couple that with his belittling and superiority complex (I'm not the only one who noticed this) I started treating him with the same lack of respect that he showed me.

So I thought I'd be the bigger man (excuse the pun :p) and put him on ignore, how is that being pathetic? No doubt his last post contains more insults too.

I appreciate your advice FF and will take it on board, but as you didn't see the original post, I'll clarify what it contained:

I was merely posting up some pics to compare with where I was in April of this year (a point at which I wasn't lifting, due to exams and other stuff). Nor have I been lifting seriously for the last year, quite where anyone else got the idea that I was unhappy with my progress, I have no idea. I guess people just thought that UE not being, well, UE.

Over the last year or so I have gained around 3kg, nothing great, but then I wasn't really trying very hard. I simply didn't give the gym priority over trying to kick-start my career. I don't really care if others have been able to juggle everything all at once, I simply didn't want to. Since June of this year I have been training consistently but only started tracking weights in August. Now I've got my routine sorted and I'm fairly comfortable (although not with squats, I guess this is me being a *****, right? :D) I have realised that I need to improve my diet, well, I need to track it and see what's what.

I don't know why I'm having to explain myself all because UE spat his dummy out and I can't be bothered to type any more.

Soldato
So with the lack of replies after the above post, this is exactly what I expected when I posted the pics up, nothing much to comment on but hopefully progress to come.

Not quite sure what the fuss was all about.

Soldato
I understand the sentiment of this, so this isn't criticism of your advice, but be careful how literally you take this. Yes, lots of good quality nutrition is important, but only if what is being done in the gym justifies it. If he's going twice a week and doing half arsed workouts, then there's more than just diet that needs looking at.

This might be a rash judgement based on a few pics and I don't know sigmas training history (anything from 3 to 18 years from what I've read:rolleyes:) but I'd question whether he's being training often/intensly enough.

If you read the thread you'd be able to find my routine and the number of times I go per week and for how long I have been doing that routine.

Soldato
Sigma, you making improvements but you need to make sure you don't need the positive remarks from others to keep you going. Also you need to be able to take critisim when your asking for advice, and you need to learn to ignore or mentally tone down what some people write.

As for your progress, I believe you had your eyes open a little at the meet, you need to push yourself harder then you currently do. Your form on your lifts is not bad in the slightest I think you over think it to much when your actually king just fine. Concern for risk of injury seems to be holding you back.

If I were you I would change over to stronglifts and stick to it for a good 3 months. It will do you the world of good, it's basic, it's clear to see progress, and it's clear to see the sticking points and work through them.

Also if your losing weight still but making visual and lifting improvements then just add a little extra to your diet and you should be adding some clean mass. 2k is not a bad amount to be eating, but you could eat more as 2k is around maintenance for you ( based on size comparison and gym activity to me )

Associate
If you read the thread you'd be able to find my routine and the number of times I go per week and for how long I have been doing that routine.

Erm... Thread is 283 pages long! That's why a log would be beneficial so stuff doesn't get lost amongst some of the less valuable posts.

Soldato
Sigma, you making improvements but you need to make sure you don't need the positive remarks from others to keep you going. Also you need to be able to take critisim when your asking for advice, and you need to learn to ignore or mentally tone down what some people write.

I took the pics down because there was no criticism, just the likes of UE and fluttergay jumping to conclusions and not reading what I wrote.

Surely this is an example of taking criticism:

he's not far off, I don't have a big back, hell I have no muscles :p I do seem to have a little strength though, so surely there is something there, right?

Erm... Thread is 283 pages long! That's why a log would be beneficial so stuff doesn't get lost amongst some of the less valuable posts.

Only a few posts above the one where you asked the question, they're on the same page:

Um, since around about June/July I have been doing:

A
Squat
BB Bench
BOR
Facepull

B
Deads
Dips
Chinups
OHP

I spend about 1.5hrs in the gym, 3 times a week. That includes warmup, lifting, a bit of HIIT and stretching. That's since June, just to be clear.

I don't see the point in a log, it'll only fill up with people taking the **** and/or wildly interpreting what I have written and jumping to conclusions, much like has happened in this very thread.

Associate
I don't see the point in a log, it'll only fill up with people taking the **** and/or wildly interpreting what I have written and jumping to conclusions, much like has happened in this very thread.

cheers, I'd seen the routine but not the frequency.

You might be right about the log, it's always a risk you face on the Internet but you may also get some useful advice from people who want to help.

Soldato
IMO its much easier to push yourself o progress of you keep a written record of what you did the last time and try and beat it!

Do strong lifts, 3 days a week and stick to it. Talk again in 3 months when your squatting 110 dead lifting 120 and benching 80 ;)

Back
Top Bottom