OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
I'd personally not use bread, whole meal or not, it's still full of crap. But yeah, I always have rice cakes with peanut butter and jam as a snack if I need to make up calories

I heard if you put Pulse on it too cristian, it cancels out the negatives of the bread?

Oh yes because a bit of gluten will drop your testosterone production by 46.756% and will also hinder your gains by a further 65.4324%.
Think of the (your) children!!!111oneone

In all seriousness, unless you have Coeliac disease, there is nothing wrong with a bit of gluten and certainly nothing wrong with some decent wholemeal bread.
I hate pastries with a passion for all the crap they have in and I eat wholemeal instead of white bread but in the real world the actual negative impact is in-existent.

Otherwise we'd all burst in flames when having the first Maccy D burger and guess what - it doesn't really happen. And that really IS full of crap.

LE:I did think of the children, it just took me a while to type. Must be all this bread eating slowing me down. :(

Soldato
It's really hard to think that you struggle to eat more. I'm the complete opposite :( I could easily eat 3000-5000 Cal a day easily and I'm only a small guy. Ok it may not all be completly clean but at the moment im on around 1600-1800 a day clean coupled with IF and the fat is melting off me, I could eat much more though im always hungry :(

I've been cooking my chicken in these bag things from tesco which come in all different flavours. Keeps me interested and they taste amazing, I don't think they contain a lot of sugar/salt ect... It all depends on how clean you want to go everyone is different just going to find out what works for you.

An easy 5000 cal a day?

Associate
Since the comp in September I have been on about 3000 a day without even blinking an eye, most of the time I am still getting hungry between feeds :). I could very comfortably up it to crazy amounts but that won't help me.

I tend to weigh in at between 77kg and 79kg depending on what I have been eating, body fat has gone up a few percent but not a huge amount and I have put on a lot of mass on my back and shoulders and all of my lifts have gone up. Evidently training in a deficit for so long was a stupid idea :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Oh how I yearn for bread! :( It's just a shame pretty much all the bread in this country is ****. :( I need a breadmaker really, but then I'd just eat far too much of the stuff! :D

I never get why people struggle to get the calories in. I find it harder to remove calories from my diet! :o

Man of Honour
OP
Oh yes because a bit of gluten will drop your testosterone production by 46.756% and will also hinder your gains by a further 65.4324%.
Think of the (your) children!!!111oneone

In all seriousness, unless you have Coeliac disease, there is nothing wrong with a bit of gluten and certainly nothing wrong with some decent wholemeal bread.
I hate pastries with a passion for all the crap they have in and I eat wholemeal instead of white bread but in the real world the actual negative impact is in-existent.

Otherwise we'd all burst in flames when having the first Maccy D burger and guess what - it doesn't really happen. And that really IS full of crap.

LE:I did think of the children, it just took me a while to type. Must be all this bread eating slowing me down. :(

I understand your sentiment - but pretty much most of the bread in this country is full of ****, and the wheat and flour treatment agents they add to it are just pants. Look at the ingredient list of most breads - they have a dozen ingredients. It's heavily processed. Unfortunately, to mass produce bread it has to be processed - else it would go off and not sell. I stand by my rule of eating the least amount of refined and processed foods - it really isn;t to be snubbed if you can go that route. Unfortunately refined/processed foods are so cheap :( Mass production = cheap. C'est la vie.

Sure, get yourself some quality flour, and yeast and make your own bread - no worries there... but shop bought bread, even a lot of chain bakeries will use poor quality products.

Associate
Training in a deflict is a right pain when trying to increase strength or even maintain it. Had the worst session ever tonight, was feeling good and had not soreness from yesterday so I was going to try and work my way up to 180 and do a few singles focusing on form but as soon as I started to pull my first 180 it felt much heaver than before and my form was terrible! my right side was pulling much faster than my left for some reason causing an angle in the way I was lifting! :( Then when doing my hanging raises I got cramp in my right quad and its still a little sore now :(

A friend is going bring a fat burner in on Thursday to see if will help me drop below 66kg before next Saturday. I forget what its called but he said it was originally created for erectile disfunction so im a bit weary or using it :-/ Does anyone know what it might be called so i can do some research?

Man of Honour
OP
My advice? If you're not sure and haven't done your research you shouldn't be ingesting any supplement willy nilly... just like you don't take pills or medicines without being sure you're taking the right ones.

Soldato
Feel free to post up these 5000 cal diets please!

I've been playing around with my diet and it looks as though I can eat bread now :cool: gluten/wheat free bread but it's still bread.

Even bought some gluten/wheat-free pizza bases! Win.

Man of Honour
OP
I have done in the past, but because you cannot eat a lot of things and are vegetarian (IIRC) I haven't really thought about it.

Other than having difficulty in getting LOTS of protein, you can hit 5000 calories fairly easily on a non meat diet.

Soldato
You must be getting me confused with someone else. I can't eat large quantities of nuts (so say daily snack) or most dairy products and a fair few fruits.

I can eat at my desk but it has to be cold food so being able to eat bread again is awesome. Peanut butter on toast again :D Woop!

Man of Honour
OP
Ah ok - I knew there were issues with your diet. Shame about the nuts - great way to add calories!

This is when I was eating about 4-5k a day. It did vary a lot, but it gives you an example.

Ok start off with eggs. 4 of them scrambled on some wholemeal bread or.... my favourite smoke mackerel fillets (100s of cals in these bad boys). Then for "pudding" have like Monkee suggested a multi-grain bagel peanut butter (or alternative... cottage cheese) and/or jam. Have some orange juice or some water - whichever you prefer. Maybe some granola with dairy free yoghurt. This will be at least 800 calories.

A can of tuna with some mayo. Into a couple of multi seed pittas or seeded wholemeal bread if you can make your own even better. Add some spinach or lettuce, tomatoes and maybe some cheese. Here I'd have put some nuts as well. Again well over 800 cals.

My favourite sort of meal. Smoothies!! Harder with no dairy - but you can use lactose free variants. Blueberries, raspberries, banana, oats, whey protein, peanut butter, apple, yoghurt, milk. Blended together. 1000+ calories. Yummy! :D

Beans and rice! Great for bulking up. Black eyed beans and a mix of wild rice and long grain brown rice. Sautee the beans (after they are cooked) with some onions, and then pour in the rice, add some chilli, and perhaps some grated cheese or stripped grilled slices of beef. Get some a wholemeal wrap and you've got a sort of burrito thing going on! Instead of shredded beef you can use chicken or whatever you want. I like cheese for adding calories and if I were to bulk as you can see. :D

Ok, I'm going to say it... an MRP of some kind from myprotein or BSD... OR make your own. Oats and protein powder, or hemp and or rice/soy powder. I like vanilla rice milk a LOT it's delicious and non dairy. Here I'd add peanut butter - but you can add anything else you feel would make sense. I'd also have another fruit here, banana/apple etc... Or maybe a couple of chicken breasts with some broccoli as an alternative. Again easily over 600 cals.

Fish dinner of some kind. Let's choose salmon - at least 220-250g of it - not a huge amount to be fair. Roasted sweet potato with some rosemary, and some french beans or broccoli. Add pudding - granola or a fruit, or something like that if you like something sweet.

It does take time, effort and planning. But it can be done. I personally owuld love to be "bulking" but I could literally just eat and eat. There is so much food out there you can use to bulk with. It's SO easy.

Back
Top Bottom