OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Look lean kai! Hurry up and put some bloody mass on though :p

All under control, i have told sponsors etc i am not doing anything for 4 months. The diet has been put in place and starts Wednesday, it's 4 months of Gorging, its a lot of food but very clean. i have a competition diet to strip the fat ready for bodypower then and back to it, for a good 12 months.

I have been given a target for 2lb a month of muscle that does not include fat,bone or water weight gains.

Last edited:
I have been given a target for 2lb a month of muscle that does not include fat,bone or water weight gains.

Watch-Out-We-Got-A-Badass-Over-Here-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-243.gif

I take it you're starting the naughty sauce then?

If not, 2lb a month is not going to happen

No, 100% clean and it's a hell of a lot of food compared to what i am on. It's going to cost a fortunate. It's in my mind 2lb a month, i know that is very, very ambitious but i want to start with the right frame of mind. If it's 1lb a month, its 1lb but ill be pushing to the max to gain quickly and effective.

Kai the difference between 1lb of lean mass or 2lbs of lean mass a month is the difference between 12lb or 24lb over the course of a year. When you start realising just how much of a variation that is, you'll realise 24lbs of lean mass just isn't possible in a year. Is 12lb even possible?!

Kai the difference between 1lb of lean mass or 2lbs of lean mass a month is the difference between 12lb or 24lb over the course of a year. When you start realising just how much of a variation that is, you'll realise 24lbs of lean mass just isn't possible in a year. Is 12lb even possible?!

Yes, simply due to the fact diet will be 100% on point training x2 a day on hypertrophy i see no reason why not!

Mate, I tell you cause I love you.......but it won't happen. People SERIOUSLY overestimate the bodys potential for natural gains. Unless you're just starting out, 2lb a month is never going to happen, even then, that's a lot.

Even 1lb a month. I gain 1lb a month most months, but I know, that 1lb is never going to fully made up of muscle. And without being big headed, I like to think I'm doing as much right as I could be, I stick to a strict diet, I don't drink, I get at least 8-9 hours sleep a night, and train like I should do. I've listened to a number of seminars from BNBF champions who have gone on to be Natty Pros, and read countless articles from other top natty competitors, and at one point, nearly all of them have covered the potential for growth in natty athletes.

4-5lb a year lean muscle gains would be an excellent figure to achieve, but to achieve that you'd need to be doing everything right

Remember, just because you're eating a ridiculous amount of food, it doesn't equate to more muscle gain

I appreciate and take on board everything that been said, because you guys have been there done it and got the book and t-shirt. I have never actually bulked before it's always been about getting in shape and being as lean as possible.

Up untill few weeks ago i never looked into bulking, and hypertrophy lean mass training.

I know i initially i said 2lb (that no longer, looks posssible :( ) i am just going to play it purely by what the mirror says, if its only 4lb in a year, 4lb to my frame would look really good if its muscle. I am not planning on weighing i am just going to get my head down and get it done and see what the results are.

Mate, 4-5lb on your frame would look amazing!! That doesn't sound as epic as 12 or 24lbs of muscle, but 4-5lb is a hell of a lot!!!

Seriously mate, aim for 1lb a month max in total weight gain, some will be fat, some won't, and I guarantee, with your dedication, you'll see some amazing transformations.

Remember, weight is only a number, in this sport, people rely far too much on the scales. Whether you're losing weight or putting weight on, ALWAYS go by the mirror before the scales!

I know i initially i said 2lb (that no longer, looks posssible :( ) i am just going to play it purely by what the mirror says, if its only 4lb in a year, 4lb to my frame would look really good if its muscle. I am not planning on weighing i am just going to get my head down and get it done and see what the results are.

That's the way to do it mate, don't get bogged down in the numbers if you're looking better then that's all that counts.

Genetics play a part too.

However for most of us humans I have to agree with Stoodles. To get to 16.5st when I did took years of just training for size and eating hard. However, I put on a lot of BF as well - with enough muscle to make it look like I wasn't that "fat" but I was big.

Ultimately weight means nothing for your game, it's all about the look. If you look good that's all you're after. It's amazing what 1/2 stone can do to physique - maybe not with your clothes on, but when you take them off it becomes very obvious. It takes a stone or two at least to make a huge difference in clothing appearance.

ALWAYS go by the mirror before the scales!

It's taken me many years of my short life, but this is pretty much what I do now. I look in the mirror and think yay/nay, or 'this part needs some tweaking', then I try the scales and go from there just to make sure I've not gained too quickly.

My bulking experience is pathetic at best, but I'm slowly figuring out whats good and what isn't.

Back
Top Bottom