OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Apt is?

O I found it, pelvic tilt. Yup it's pretty dire. To much time at a computer and a previous job really messed with my back. Spent around 12+ months working under a car (standing where I could not stand directly upright). Had to lean back whilst I fitted fuel tank hoses up. This for around 35 hours a week day in day out for over a year. Would get home in complete agony barely able to move.

Last edited:
APT crew checking in. Much better than it was a few months ago though (lots of stretching/working infrequently with the physio), also rolled forward shoulders (and subsequently neck) for the lose. Nothing that can't be sorted!

I work on it. Do hip flexor stretches everyday and stretch out quads as they have over developed sure to the imbalance. It's extremely difficult to remain constantly aware of your posture though as it is something you do without any thought so putting some into it is unusual. Do suffer with very tight hips though and this was really clear when running anything between 7km+ the day after. I hate how it looks it's horrible. Going to reduce the amount of quad based exercises in my routine and work on engaging glutes and hamstrings more. Lying curls and lunges should help and less stretching of hamstrings as I don't want them long and weak.

Squats, Deadlifts and also doing warrior lunges, planks and bodyweight squats to the floor.

It's what has started to fix mine, although mine is mainly due to putting on weight.

Last edited:
How do people feel about rack pulls? Was reading these are good if you don't want to engage the lower back to heavily when dead lifting which I feel I do due to my poor hip mobility.

How do people feel about rack pulls? Was reading these are good if you don't want to engage the lower back to heavily when dead lifting which I feel I do due to my poor hip mobility.

Why not just spend a week on your mobility, really concentrate on doing it RIGHT, sort yourself out and do a proper exercise instead of some unbalancing halfway house?

I'm pretty sure it's not just your hip that is loading up your lower back. Get a video of your deadlift and post in the form thread.

I work on it. Do hip flexor stretches everyday and stretch out quads as they have over developed sure to the imbalance. It's extremely difficult to remain constantly aware of your posture though as it is something you do without any thought so putting some into it is unusual. Do suffer with very tight hips though and this was really clear when running anything between 7km+ the day after. I hate how it looks it's horrible. Going to reduce the amount of quad based exercises in my routine and work on engaging glutes and hamstrings more. Lying curls and lunges should help and less stretching of hamstrings as I don't want them long and weak.

This info is not good!

If you don't know how not to load your lower back with a deadlift then you won't know how to not snap yourself in half with a rack pull.

Somnambulist posted a good list of exercises.

Feels completely different doing rack pulls to deads. When I deadlift I can feel how tight it is in my hips straight away and how tight my hamstrings are makes getting into correct position a little uncomfortable. Tried rack pulls earlier for first time and could feel it engaging my glutes more also felt way more natural and powerful to me due to it being less uncomfortable.

I know what rdls and kb swings what are the rest?
I'm reading this on my phone but did you make the lines about stretches bold or it the formatting as my phone makes the posts a little bad formatting sometimes. I've always read and been told a few times not to just stretch them in an attempt to correct it because making them longer will not help. By strengthening them this pulls my pelvis in the opposite direction. It would be much easier for me to keep stretching them as this is something I can do all the time.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136165141&page=1

Foam roller pic doesn't work but I have one from this site someone posted that is pretty handy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom