OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Mirin the chest MG, hard to get that lower seperation I find

Cheers man. I started life out using Dumbbells for a few years then switched to bar. For the past year or so I've just been doing two exercises for chest and it's grown nicely. I used to perform all sorts of presses and flies now I just do the following in rotation:

Week A:
Flat BB Press - 3x8
Incline BB Press - 3x8

Week B:
Flat BB Press - 5x5

Week C:
Flat BB Press - 3x3
Incline BB Press - 2x5

You're massive! Just a few inches under my height but nearly 30kg heavier. :eek:

Want to swap? :P

I'll swap for your low body fat percentage! ;)

30kg lighter at roughly 5'10?? Are you missing limbs? :p and "massive" is a little bit OTT! ;)

MG what sort of shape and training are you after?

Yeah, "massive" is for Dwayne Johnson and Ronnie Coleman!

I'm training for fun at the moment, I like to try and better myself. Plus it keeps me focused and gives me something to do most evenings!

I'm kinda training for strength at the moment as I've really got into the big compound lifts. I really need to start cutting for a holiday coming up but I hate feeling hungry and weak. I store fat on my hips so the only way I have found I can easily drop weight is very low carb, sucks but works for me.

In terms of workouts I do the following:

Week 1:

Monday:
Back Squats - 3x8
Calve Raises - 3x8
Front Squats - 2x8
Military Press - 3x8
BB Shrugs - 3x8

Wednesday:
BB Bench Press - 3x8
BB Incline Press - 2x8
CGBP - 3x8
Weighted Dips - 3x8

Friday:
Deadlifts - 3x8
Pendlay rows - 3x8
Weighted Pull ups - 3x8
21s

Week 2:

Monday:
Back Squats - 5x5
Calve Raises - 3x5
Military Press - 5x5
BB Shrugs - 3x5

Wednesday:
BB Bench Press - 5x5
CGBP - 3x5
Weighted Dips - 3x5

Friday:
Deadlifts - 3x5
Pendlay rows - 5x5
Weighted Chin Ups - 5x5
21s

Week 3:

Monday:
Back Squats - 5x3
Calve Raises - 3x5
Military Press - 5x3
BB Shrugs - 3x5

Wednesday:
BB Bench Press - 4x3
BB Incline Press - 2x5
CGBP - 3x5
Weighted Dips - 3x5

Friday:
Deadlifts - 3x3
One Arm DB rows - 3x5
Weighted Pull Ups - 5x3
21s

MG I like your bed and wall colours brah. If you're ever alone ... email in trust.

:D Sheets are from M&S - they feel sooo good on your skin! ;)

30kg lighter at roughly 5'10?? Are you missing limbs? :p and "massive" is a little bit OTT! ;)

MG what sort of shape and training are you after?

Well according to the doc I'm 190cm which translates into 6 feet 2 51⁄64 so I'm a couple inches taller. And I weigh 75kg (166lbs) and since he weighs 97kg, that makes him 22kg (okay I might have miscalculated the 30kg bit :p) heavier than me.

And yes I would consider him pretty damn big compared to myself. I'll post a photo in the pics thread so you can see. :p

uewmM5s.jpg
N1utT33.jpg
YLlTH65.jpg

Still want my "low" BF MG42maniac? :p

What I'd like to look like after a year or two of hard work:

PyYzdOR.jpg

edit: I know there are better "aims", but this one suits me better, as he has quite a small frame, so it's a lot more achieveable imo.

Last edited:
Bulk like your life depends on it for a year. Then re-assess.

You think bulking will make that much of a difference? Also, I'm carrying a fair bit of fat on me at the moment and don't want to turn into a right old podge.

Here's a better view showing what my body type is (forgive the crazy clothing, it's what I use to jog in).

I ain't ever going to be a Supaturk (:p), because I have such a thin frame. Now even though my girlfriend says I'm fine, I know that she'd like a bit more, and I want to be able to have and give more than a flabby frame. Since I can't build it particularly (I read that your width and what not is dictated by your clavicle etc), I want to try and make it more defined.

Obviously to do that I need muscle, but I don't particularly fancy having to add a shed load of weight, I'm finding it hard enough to remove this weight as it is!

Apparently Brad Pitt was 155lbs with 6% bodyfat at 5'11" in that picture. I'm 167lbs and a few inches taller. I reckon my bodyfat at around 18-20% which makes me around 137lbs in lean body mass? Since I'm a few inches taller, I'll have to put on a few more pounds of lean weight to ensure that I don't look "too" skinny. Say another 5lbs? So I need 23lbs of lean body mass?

According to my pitiful internet research you can put on 10-20lbs of LBM on in a year? So if we're negative about this, and assume the worst, I'm still looking at only a few years as long as I get a good routine going?

So If I lose the excess fat now, get down to maybe 10%-14% body fat, then build myself up with a clean bulk and minimise the fat gain?

Or was this just a whole post of fail? (more than likely! :D)

b8xjDaV.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't do standing rollouts, normal ones are fine.

Either way these are out until I get an abs wheel. Will pick one up over the week. Stuck to planks and reverse crunch these last few days. I found a few different styles of reverse crunch so in the end I have been doing

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/reverse-crunch

with raised legs. So far stuck to 3x20 each morning. I hope to up this to higher reps but for now that about does it as long as I am activity engaging my ab region.

Ever tried the standing? It rules! Develops the most awesome core strength. Real fun to work up to it, too, so it feels like a real achievement.

Takes ages to get there, though...

And there has to be the most awesome posterior pelvic tilt, too, that it makes my abs hurt just thinking about it.

I stick with extended planks (arms out as far forward as they go) at the moment, but they're fricking epic...

You think bulking will make that much of a difference? Also, I'm carrying a fair bit of fat on me at the moment and don't want to turn into a right old podge.

Of course it will make a difference :confused: What kind of a question is that?

Not really, you've got some visible ab definition, slight serratus, bit of obliques/adonis belt coming in. Far from fat.

I ain't ever going to be a Supaturk (:p), because I have such a thin frame. Now even though my girlfriend says I'm fine, I know that she'd like a bit more, and I want to be able to have and give more than a flabby frame. Since I can't build it particularly (I read that your width and what not is dictated by your clavicle etc), I want to try and make it more defined.

Obviously to do that I need muscle, but I don't particularly fancy having to add a shed load of weight, I'm finding it hard enough to remove this weight as it is!

What's having a thing frame got to do with it? That just means you start smaller. Doesn't mean you can't get "big", especially considering your goals "big" is extremely relative.

I don't think clavicle width is a limiting factor for anyone on this forum, no one is as big as they are going to get yet.

Apparently Brad Pitt was 155lbs with 6% bodyfat at 5'11" in that picture. I'm 167lbs and a few inches taller. I reckon my bodyfat at around 18-20% which makes me around 137lbs in lean body mass? Since I'm a few inches taller, I'll have to put on a few more pounds of lean weight to ensure that I don't look "too" skinny. Say another 5lbs? So I need 23lbs of lean body mass?

According to my pitiful internet research you can put on 10-20lbs of LBM on in a year? So if we're negative about this, and assume the worst, I'm still looking at only a few years as long as I get a good routine going?

More like 147lbs at 6%, you wont be getting to 0% bf ;), but a few inches of height will probably mean more than 5lbs extra.

So If I lose the excess fat now, get down to maybe 10%-14% body fat, then build myself up with a clean bulk and minimise the fat gain?

Or was this just a whole post of fail? (more than likely! :D)

You're going to gain some fat anyway, which will mean you'll have to cut down at the end anyway. Why cut twice when you could do it once at the end? Plus if you get lean now the fat gain will be more noticeable and you'll be harping on about cutting again in 2 months time.

/2cents

Back
Top Bottom